Sign in to follow this  
Freeza

Amir Kahn running scared of Jonno

"I hope Khan does not do these titles a disservice and start fighting for inter-alphabetty titles." Thaxton is quoted as saying, legend, made me chortle!

Kahn clearly knows John has too much experience and power and wants to protect his unbeaten record against nobodys, pussy!

Amir Khan talks it up then pulls out because he knows damn well that John Thaxton would teach him a lesson.

It is a shame because I would love to see the loud mouthed little git put in his place.

have you also read today that amir khan could take world title match but as thaxton number 1 for his title and wont shut up about how he is going to to knock me out that im going to shut him up like the other people who was going on about how they knock me out

just get it on, i think khan would win easily in my opinion, and said this before for good of boxing amir khan win is a must. but i understand why you will support the local lad

should be good fight mind you, so lets just get it on

couple good fights this year in maccenerilli vs haye and hopkins v calzaghe

Exactly he knows dam well that Thaxton is to dangerous to him at this moment in his career , he is still wet behind the ears and Thaxton is an experienced pro who on his day will cause anyone real damage in his weight class.

[quote user="we8wba"]

have you also read today that amir khan could take world title match but as thaxton number 1 for his title and wont shut up about how he is going to to knock me out that im going to shut him up like the other people who was going on about how they knock me out

just get it on, i think khan would win easily in my opinion, and said this before for good of boxing amir khan win is a must. but i understand why you will support the local lad

[/quote]

I dont think Khan would win easily, he fought a local lad by the name of Jackson Williams a few months back and although he beat him in the 5th round,Williams is never a match for Thaxton,so if you work it on that theory Khan will have his work cut out. Thaxton''s a big big puncher,a lot bigger than any of Khans opponents up till now and it would be interesting to see if Khan can make the next step up.

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]Win easy i don''t think so mate this fight would test Khan and he knows it , or should i say his advisers know it.

hahaha this makes me laugh. it''s the same as when people were kidding themselves that mayweather would never win.

amir khan would beat thaxton any day, any month, any year

[quote user="Cobain18"]

hahaha this makes me laugh. it''s the same as when people were kidding themselves that mayweather would never win.

[/quote]And what make''s you so sure he will , look at Khans opponents they are laughable , he has been fed trosh this fight would be a huge step up.

[quote user="barclayendboy"][quote user="Cobain18"]

[/quote]

And what make''s you so sure he will , look at Khans opponents they are laughable , he has been fed trosh this fight would be a huge step up.
[/quote]

What are you on about?  Kahn fought Scott Lawton in October, guess who Lawton''s previous fight was against?........... John Thaxton.

Neither or them have fought any one great in the last two years but at least Kahn has got in the ring with a top 10 world ranked fighter.

You have to ask the question of why did Thaxton turn down a career best purse to fight Kahn?

[quote user="Cobain18"]

[/quote]

It doesn''t give me any pleasure to say this but I have to agree with you. I don''t think that Thaxton would provide much stiffer resistance than Khan''s previous opponents. I would bet on Khan winning without doubt and by a knockout in the first or second rounds although I would be delighted to lose my stake.

[quote user="The Bishop"][quote user="Cobain18"]

[/quote]

It doesn''t give me any pleasure to say this but I have to agree with you. I don''t think that Thaxton would provide much stiffer resistance than Khan''s previous opponents. I would bet on Khan winning without doubt and by a knockout in the first or second rounds although I would be delighted to lose my stake.

[/quote]

absoltley right, best post on this thread

i know in boxing nothing is garunteed hence rahman vs lewis. but i bet 9/10 matches khan would win easily

he may not knock him out but he may stroll to easy points victory

thaxton is good at european level

but soon not quite yet soon amir khan will be world class

hence why the world class competitor should win

Amir needs to start getting hit. If he think he can waltz to the world titles without fighting the mexicans or diaz or katsidis then he is joking. Amir khan has been hit once and went down. He needs to fight thaxton to know what a punch feels like.If Amir khan steps up to fight at the ONLY world title belt he is ranked at, he will fight katsidis and he will lose. Katsidis nearly killed the last person he fought and he has completely scrambled earl.Amir khan thinks he''s the big''un, he needs to start fighting reputable boxers. The only decent fighter he''s fought is graham earl and earl has lost his marbles completely.

Afraid this will probably go the same way as Graham Earl. I.E. Average fighter seeks big pay day against up and coming star. Up and coming star ignores average fighter as they have bigger and better plans ahead. Average fighter goes to the press saying star is "Scared", or "Running away", and that he could beat him easily. Fight takes place. Up and coming star wins easily.

Unfortunaetly Thaxton needs this fight far more than Khan, hence him running to the media to try and wind him up and secure the fight.

And I say all this as a thaxton fan.

(By the way some of the above may be wrong in this instance. Boxing press releases are usually full of crap I find. One camp says the other is scared, the other camp says he declined the fight etc etc. You never really know the facts)