Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Dont bet on it, But....I think we have plenty of cash to splash!!!

I just have a feeling that we are all going to be pleasently suprised by the money that Roeder has to spend both now and probably in the summer. This is just a guess, i''ve been wrong before, no sources, just me being positive, and hopefully not to optomistic.

Just look at the players we''ve been linked to, Taylor, Iliev, Parry, Norris, Ameobi, ok the last one may be a loan but still it''s not cheap. These players are all well over 500k, and we''ve also spent 400k on Pattison already.

Then, remember the smalll matter of the very wealthy Turners sitting in the Norwich Boardroom. They are supposedly real fans, real fans who will not want the club getting relegated. And with the mega millions they have, presuming it isnt all tied up in business, whats say £3-4 Million if they can make a big difference at a football club they love???

Ok, my thoughts have also been lead on a bit by the comment by the agent i think, in the Iliev story. About, the major new investment coming in and the Premiership ambition. Iliev wants to come to Norwich, but why?, he''s turned down Watford and supposedly Blackburn in the past, so why Norwich? Perhaps he sees ambition.

Then theres the guy who seems sure we''re gonna sign Taylor on 606. Yes, could be gossip, but could be true. Paul Parry, he''s going to cost the best part of a Million, and Plymouth have rejected a seven figure bid from ipswich. You would think then that, that is out of our price bracket. Then theres Ameobi, Roeders interested, and even if it was a loan we''d probably bee paying a big loan fee and 10k plus a week for 18 weeks, that would mount up.

Perhaps i''m clutching at straws, perhaps i''m just too optomistic, theres alot of gossip but there os one thing that is definately true....

.....The Turners are mega Millionaires!!!

Our helpful Bulgarian friend Boris may have shed light on this...

He says that, when asked why their captain was going to play second division with a struggling team in England, their manager said it was because Norwich have new investors lined up with money to stick into our club... however I couldnt be certain as I cant speak Bulgarian...

Well done for the optimism, but without wishing to be negative, we dont actually need any money whatsoever just to be linked to players....[;)]

I''m not sure what the Taylor''s intentions are really - they certainly don''t make me nervous in the way Evans would if i were a binner. All that debt in the hands of one man? These financiers can only be in it for the money in the end.  The Turners on the other hand are not taking on our debt. But what are they doing? If they really are just genuine fans who want to help the club then i''d take them over Evans every time. But you have to be careful about saying "he''s got £275m to spend why doesn''t he just buy a few players for us?" These lists - http://www.timesonline.co.uk/richlist/person/0,,47215,00.html - are misleading. The figures in them represent what he is worth and includes the value of the business he owns or the proportion of it he owns. He''s never going to sell his business to finance a massive spending spree at the club. It''s like saying i''ve got £300,000 pounds to spend on what i like because that''s what my house is worth (it''s not, i don''t even have a house, but you get the gist!)

You''re having a laugh, aren''t you?  You''d make more money by trawling the Wensum and selling Morrisons all their shopping trolleys back.

[quote user="djc"]

Well done for the optimism, but without wishing to be negative, we dont actually need any money whatsoever just to be linked to players....[;)]

[/quote]

Of course you dont, but If we are interested then presumably we would have money to back up our interest!

Selling highly rated young goalkeepers (rather than simply loaning them out) rather implies the opposite, don''t you think?

At he present time we have spent a total of:

NOTHING!!Iliev has not yet signed and the sale of Lewis has bought Pattison. Maybe we are waiting to sell brown which will cover half the price of Iliev.I am certainly not that excited yet!!!

[quote user="The Bucketman"]

Our helpful Bulgarian friend Boris .......

[/quote]I think you''ll find Boris is about as Bulgarian and Marmite....... and was until recently a very regular poster on here......

And Snakepitboys, how do you know that the Joe Lewis fee covers the Pattison transfer? He could of cost much more than 400k

[quote user="HUDDY "]

Just look at the players we''ve been linked to, Taylor, Iliev, Parry, Norris, Ameobi, ok the last one may be a loan but still it''s not cheap. These players are all well over 500k, and we''ve also spent 400k on Pattison already. [/quote]

Sorry to pee on anyones fire but being linked to Cristiano Ronaldo would make news. Signing him is a completely different matter. We have always been a club who is "linked" with all and sundry but very rarely come up trumps when it comes to getting them here.

As i''ve said it''s a hunch, nothing more.

We''ve been linked with another expensive player this morning; 800k Chris Armstrong. Yes, it''s gossip, alot could be nonsense, but if we are interested in these players presumably we do have similar money. For example if we are interested in Norris we wouldnt have budgetded 200k for a right winger!

Yes, Lewis and potentially Brown could net us 750k, but 2/3rds of that is taken up pattison straight away. Abd unless strihavka is sold i cant see too much more money coming in.

We''ll have to wait and see, i would say £3Million at least may well be spent. I might be wrong, ive been wrong before...but i hope not!

I think for once HUDDY is talking sense (sorry Matt, but it''s true!).

I got told on very good authority in the summer that Grant had £5m to spend- it just so happens he didn''t actually spend it. If it is true, the club is being quite clever, and being on the quiet about it.

Exactly Thorpey.

If clubs think we''ve got money prices will go up, we keep quiet, Doncasters keeps up the pretence that "we wont risk the club" which we wouldnt be doing anyway, and then.....

...we have a press conference and announce the signings of Iliev, Taylor, Armstrong, Parry, Norris and Amebi all at the same time, and the footballing world is left in shock!

Ok, thats a tad unrealistic, but u get what i mean!

How i see it is we are selling to buy at the moment. GR has had time to see who we need and where, and the funds should be made available as soon as the transfer window was open as we are not in a position to wait and see what clubs are going to take our outcasts. IMO the board are getting wind of interest in players such as Brown and Lewis and then testing the water on players that might come here if the said players are sold. Whilst all this is going on, some very good players seem to be slipping through the net.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]What are you on?......................and where can I get it!.[/quote]

Thats a secret!

Nah, just optomistic, we''ll see!!

Congrats on 5,000 posts!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

How i see it is we are selling to buy at the moment. GR has had time to see who we need and where, and the funds should be made available as soon as the transfer window was open as we are not in a position to wait and see what clubs are going to take our outcasts. IMO the board are getting wind of interest in players such as Brown and Lewis and then testing the water on players that might come here if the said players are sold. Whilst all this is going on, some very good players seem to be slipping through the net.

[/quote]

thats an interesting point Arthur.. whilst we of course cant spend money that isnt there.. Roeder would already have identified his targets long before the window... and perhaps announced them to the board.. are these players now signing for other clubs whilst we desperately try to raise the money for them?

jas :)