Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

ILiev set for medical?

According to rumours in the press, particularly coming from Bulgaria and Iliev himself, it seems he''s in england and set for a medical tomorrow.

I''d be pleased if this went through, yes weve had problems with Strihavka but Bulgarians have adapted well to British football while Hungarians have made a big impact too. I''m prepared to back Roeder''s judgement.

anyone know anything?

[quote user="HUDDY "]

According to rumours in the press, particularly coming from Bulgaria and Iliev himself, it seems he''s in england and set for a medical tomorrow.

I''d be pleased if this went through, yes weve had problems with Strihavka but Bulgarians have adapted well to British football while Hungarians have made a big impact too. I''m prepared to back Roeder''s judgement.

anyone know anything?

[/quote]

Well Iliev just fly to England and according hime there is not be trial etc simply come for  medical checks and few trainings and if is talks about finansials parametres is OK he till end of week must be new Norwich City player!

About Watford he was very close to sign to them last season but CSKA broke the talks in last moment and for now Watford no new talks about him so we not chalenged other teams for this sign.

So Iliev tomorrow will be at Colney I hope very much this deal to happen because my opinion is that this deffender will suit to English football + he is big pro no doubt about that! 

The boy is very positive and say will try to make all to sign the deal.

I say him only big positives about club about Colney about attendance around 25 000 etc ...

He was on Frankfurt airport 40 min ago so must be in Norwich this night for sure!

He is very big motivated in evry game very strong fisicly with big expirience I much belive that will be good signing hope all to be OK with finansial parametres and my country man to be Canary soon!

this is from other topic but see you miss him...

I will also trust roeder on this one.  Dave Striker hasnt been a complete failure, we''ve hardly seen him get a fair go and yes that may be because he isnt doing the business in training.Look at Eduardo now, he has has taken 6 months to adjust and now finding form.  We should give him a fair crack before deciding he is a failure.

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=89136

has a decent background, linked with a move to the prem last year.has champions league experience, see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NchfVnFZJQcBut more importantly, i trust roeder''s judge of player far more than grant''s ;)

Yep, Setanta reporting it too now.  http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/01/07/Championship-Norwich-to-sign-Iliev/Very good signing in my opinion. Think we will get Taylor too, but not til end of window. Leaves us looking very strong at the back if we get both.If we don''t get Taylor then i am happy with Iliev.

I hope Ilievs "trial" hasnt been lost in translation!!!

Ive got my hopes up we''ll sign him now!

And he''s made it to the airport i see!!!

Might do wonders for Strihavka too if we have another Eastern european in the squad. Maybe it will be like signing two players at once!

Ain''t got a clue what he is like at all, do we have a Big Dave on our hand or do we have a Ryan Nelson signing? I do think it a little bit of a risk, ok every player you buy is a risk, but when we don''t have enough money to squander, we should be a little cautious with foreign signings. Maybe there still is a chance to get Tiny here too? You never know.

FAO Boris

How comes he was at training this morning, if he was flying to England? Are the airport pics genuinly from today?

Is not so easy for Strihavka first season alone and only outside UK player in the team!

If now Iliev sign hope this to be positive for Strihavka too and he to improuve his play and happynes.

Dont forget that he have long deal with us 4 years or so and we need to pay big money if need to terminate this deal so lets hope  player to start imrpouvment soon!

[quote user="Boris"]

Is not so easy for Strihavka first season alone and only outside UK player in the team!

If now Iliev sign hope this to be positive for Strihavka too and he to improuve his play and happynes.

Dont forget that he have long deal with us 4 years or so and we need to pay big money if need to terminate this deal so lets hope  player to start imrpouvment soon!

[/quote]ok, if the deal is done, then lets all hope roeder has sourced a gem.  boris, does vlad play left side or right side in central defence - or can he play both.  is he a left or right footed player???

Good point, LGT, as it will reveal the likely one he will replace, as Doc is much stronger on Right side of the defence as Shacks is on Left. As far as Taylor is concerned, I remain a bit unconvinced, as Birminghams inept defending against Huddersfield, a modest League 1 side, again makes me wonder why he is not considered good enough to play for them.

[quote user="HUDDY "]

FAO Boris

How comes he was at training this morning, if he was flying to England? Are the airport pics genuinly from today?

[/quote]

Training was 10 am he fly around 14h to Frankfurt we spoke around 17h he was on Frankfurt airoprt so sure can be in Norwich late this evening may be Berbatov will wait them to Heatrow and then A11 is 2 hours ;)

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Boris"]

[/quote]

ok, if the deal is done, then lets all hope roeder has sourced a gem.  boris, does vlad play left side or right side in central defence - or can he play both.  is he a left or right footed player???
[/quote]

He is right foot mostly and always play only centre back i think full back almost never play.

He is somthing like Andy Linighan Ian Buterworth if u remember them agressive player very good fisic good header scored good goals ;)

No idea why you say to Iliev "vlad" full name is Valentin Iliev   vlad is short to Vladimir to Valentin short is Valio :p

Deal is not done I ask him are he is sure that will sign the deal he say will be medicals but also need some talks too and all depends from Norwich about deal will be or not.

Im sure that if we sign Iliev then no more money for centre back so Taylor is impossible to be added too.

[quote user="whoareyou"]Might do wonders for Strihavka too if we have another Eastern european in the squad. Maybe it will be like signing two players at once![/quote]

Thought the same thing, whoareyou? [Y]

I really hope we don''t sell Strihavka, after rereading Iwan''s book it reminded me that decent players can take a while to get themselves sorted...

[quote user="Boris"][quote user="HUDDY "]

FAO Boris

[/quote]

Training was 10 am he fly around 14h to Frankfurt we spoke around 17h he was on Frankfurt airoprt so sure can be in Norwich late this evening may be Berbatov will wait them to Heatrow and then A11 is 2 hours ;)

[/quote]

Cheers Boris

I cant helps but wonder though if he stayed for their training, that this deal isnt particularly close; im just being a bit pessemistic not to get my hopes up.Most of it sounds ok, but it seems the Bulgarian Press has missed out the ''maybe''s!, and with Iliev saying it issnt sealed, and talks needed i have doubts about Norwich!

Boris, why did he train yesterday if he was then flying to England, to potentially leave the club?

[quote user="Boris"][quote user="HUDDY "]

FAO Boris

[/quote]

[/quote]Does he speak any english, Boris ?

I''m certain that Roeder and the lads have done their research here, but i cannot help but think this guy was second choice following the collapse of the Taylor deal. There''s no doubting that he must be a half decent defender... i mean Bulgaria aren''t world beaters, but they''re not rubbish as a nation either, and generally, eastern europeans are hard workers (although that may be the stereotype)Who knows, it''s a mouthwatering prospect, especially as his agent also manages a top top player in the premiership