Sign in to follow this  
Dexx

Taylor

[quote user="Dexx"]Why has the talk of taylor gone quiet is the this a good thing or a bad ?[/quote]What do you mean "talk"? Do you mean fans tittle tattle or club statements? Press? Brady?

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Dexx"]Why has the talk of taylor gone quiet is the this a good thing or a bad ?[/quote]

What do you mean "talk"? Do you mean fans tittle tattle or club statements? Press? Brady?
[/quote]

Yes sorry should have made it bit more clearer i mean press or forum posts hes bloody decent defender so why is there no strong links with him going to other clubs.

Someone on 606 thinks it''s a 99.9% done deal .......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A30809081

posted 51 Minutes Ago

Taylor will be joining us. see previous article. spoke to source on Sunday afternoon and confirmed as 99.9% certain that deal wil be done. Fee has apparently been agreed by all parties and simply awaiting final confirmation from both sides. Not sure what delay is... will update if hear anything further but we believe news shoudl break by Wednesday. OTBC J

agreed "sit Down" I personally think Taylor had no intention of coming here.. i think he talked himself up a move or "shop windoed" himself by making it clear he wanted to leave Brum... he mentioned us as we were giving him a chance at the time... but it was a veiled "come and get me" plea to other clubs...

jas :)

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Like i said on a previous thread no attempt is being made to sign Taylor.

To me its so clear that Illiev is an alternative at a cheaper price, u lot do the maths, he aint coming back!

[/quote]

Why are you being so negative?? you might be right (i hope not) but how do you know that he isnt coming back?? he''s clearly said he wants to come to norwich!

The company I work for have a branch in Leicester and I speak to them every day. My main contact there is the chairman of their equivalent of our supporters association who work closely with the board there. Taylor has definitely been talking to Leicester although my contact doesn''t know how far the talks have got. He has a young family and would prefer not to have to move house which he wouldn''t have to do if he signed for them. Mandaric thinks he''s a steal at £1m. so the asking price is not a problem for them.

I think Taylor may still be bought, but Shackell may be sold.  Rumour has it that he may be off to Palace and that would be  a good deal for Norwich as I see Shackell as the weakest link. I watched him play in the Palace game and I would say that he failed to win about 70-80 per cent of aerial challenges. 

[quote user="city boy 4 life"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

Like i said on a previous thread no attempt is being made to sign Taylor.

To me its so clear that Illiev is an alternative at a cheaper price, u lot do the maths, he aint coming back!

[/quote]

Why are you being so negative?? you might be right (i hope not) but how do you know that he isnt coming back?? he''s clearly said he wants to come to norwich!

[/quote]

Im not being negative, just realistic. I heard it from the same source that told me about Joe Lewis and Tommy Wright (even tho it fell thru!)

Roeder has said he may look to bring in two centre backs.  Taylor is still available and Roeder deep down knows that a million is a good price.  I would suggest there is still a chance he will come.  Docherty and Shackell are simply not good enough and everyone know it.  Shackell would be the cheaper third centre back, so bye bye Gary closed season for me.

[quote user="Dexx"]Why has the talk of taylor gone quiet is the this a good thing or a bad ?[/quote]

I have just been told that Ipswich have made a bid for Taylor. . . . .any confirmation?

If they match the asking price i think our board would be wise to match it or else risk a lot of heat!!!

[quote user="YellowIce"]

I have just been told that Ipswich have made a bid for Taylor. . . . .any confirmation?

If they match the asking price i think our board would be wise to match it or else risk a lot of heat!!!

[/quote]

Typical, bloody typical!.[:@]

[quote user="YellowIce"]

[/quote]http://ipswichtown.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=2358yeah hes going to the blues im pretty sure. although ipswich are being very quiet over any transfers other than the public bid they made for norris. they are doing quite well of avoiding ''paper talk''

Still bemused by the clamour for Taylor.   His goals per game conceeded this season (1.5) is only better than Murrays (1.6) and marginally better than shax (1.45) yet  significantly worse than Dion (1.25) or Doc (1.06).

He does score best on points won per game played (1.6) with doc and shax next best (1.1) Dion at 0.75 and Murray 0.2.   However Tayors points scoring (and the majority of shax) coincided with the arrival of Fozzy - without him in the side instead of 13 points the team only won 1 point.

None of that suggests he is either significantly better than Shax or Doc nor that he is worth spending so much money on when we would get more points by getting a goal scoring striker. 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Still bemused by the clamour for Taylor.   His goals per game conceeded this season (1.5) is only better than Murrays (1.6) and marginally better than shax (1.45) yet  significantly worse than Dion (1.25) or Doc (1.06).

He does score best on points won per game played (1.6) with doc and shax next best (1.1) Dion at 0.75 and Murray 0.2.   However Tayors points scoring (and the majority of shax) coincided with the arrival of Fozzy - without him in the side instead of 13 points the team only won 1 point.

None of that suggests he is either significantly better than Shax or Doc nor that he is worth spending so much money on when we would get more points by getting a goal scoring striker. [/quote]I agree to an extent ZLF - he wasn''t totally brilliant, but he did get better towards the end of the spell, by which time he looked much more secure than Shackell. IMO he never looked totally at home here though. However, he did score goals, which neither Shax nor Doc (until the Bury game) have done for ages. I''m willing to trust Roeder in his valuation of Taylor compared to the others he''s interested in, but I''d prefer it if Tiny didn''t go to the Tractor Boys, just in case he proved to be a star!

Taylor never had any intention of coming here.. im convinced.. will be miffed if he signs for the inbreds though!

jas :)

[quote user="paul moy"]........ he may be off to Palace and that would be  a good deal for Norwich as I see Shackell as the weakest link. I watched him play in the Palace game and I would say that he failed to win about 70-80 per cent of aerial challenges. [/quote]Remember when he played left back there? LOLBet the Palace fans wouldn''t be too pleased..... cant see him as a Warnock target........ Torquay more like..... or Kings Lynn

i think unless brum can get rid of him for a mill, then he will come on loan till the end of the season. and we will then sign him for 750k in the summer

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]i think unless brum can get rid of him for a mill, then he will come on loan till the end of the season. and we will then sign him for 750k in the summer[/quote]

no. i believe if were gonna get him now it will be permanently. i think birmingham will be forced to sell him in the end, allthough im not sure if the iliev transfer is an alternative to taylor, or if roader is looking to bring them both in. I cant see him staying at birmingham past this transfer window.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

None of that suggests he is either significantly better than Shax or Doc nor that he is worth spending so much money on when we would get more points by getting a goal scoring striker. 

[/quote]those stats are slightly misleading ZIP, in that dion was  guilty of losing his marker (at set pieces) for both the away goals at stoke - although officially playing as a striker.  imo, taylor has an positive influence on those around us - we''ve missed a leader like malky for a number of years - and looks the real deal.  also - we''re not keeping clean sheets anymore.  finally, adams made him our no 1. target - if thats anything to go by!!!

Taylor Will Come .. He Isn''t Featuring In The Recent Reserve Games .. And With Birmingham Wanting To Add To There Squad Surely He Will Be One Of The First To Go .. Whats All This About Ipswich Being Interested Though ?

[quote user="noz4lyf"]Bad, I Doubt We Will Sign Him If We Were Going To We Would Of Done It By Now[/quote]Why do you think that? Plenty of time to Brum to bottle it........

Brum''s Gold says McLeish needs to wheel and deal if he wants funds for new players, referring specifically to Tiny and Dann as being players who are available.  It may just be a ruse to get other clubs interested and get an auction underway, but if Doomcaster has been practising poker recently it might still happen within our original bid price.  As others have noted why pay big for someone who doesn''t even get into his teams reserve squad!