Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Bulgarian Press - Norwich 90% chance of signing Vladimir Illiev!

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]taylor = known quantity, proven player, past pedigree, top gun.

vlad = unknown quantity,  proven domestic pedigree,  foreign gamble, has an all or nothing ''vidic'' or ''dave striker ''potential.

in short, he could be a good''un - top 6  type player, or he could bomb and leave us  with egg over our chops, and facing a relegation battle.  roedy has made some good buys so far, for me - this has ''risk'' written all over it. 

[/quote]

This just about sums up the pink ''un message board. He''s either going to be brilliant or rubbish. The board''s either brillaint or rubbish, the fans are either brilliant or rubbish. [/quote]

Brilliant post...

[quote user="Largey"]

Im intrigued that Boris knows so much about this guys whereabouts :)

He should be our scoutee!

Talking of CB''s, im very glad to see the Doc has played well over the XMas/New Year period :).

This chap sounds good anyway, i hope if he joins he can adapt to our game.

How does football in Bulgaria compare to that of England?

[/quote]

Im proud canary since 1988 so Im very glad to help the cause with something :)

Sure I say only positives today to Iliev but to be fair the boy was very positive to this new chalenge.

I know many players who used to play in Bulgaria some of them is my frends.

To be fair now I have big frend who will broke his contract with Lokeren in few days he is centre forward last year top scorer on Macedonian league with 27 goals.

Boban Jancevski is the name and not need to be payd transfer money for the club :p

He scored against Bolton 2 years ago on uefa cup.

Are Mr Doncaster have interest?:)

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="arrdee"]

His agent seems very inexperienced in such matters .

[/quote]

arrdee you lovely old boy, I beleive he has the same agent as Dimitri Berbatov!!  [:D]
[/quote]

And "foggie" you lovely old boy , I am still excited about becoming his interpreter .So its kasmet from me and its kasmet from Val .[;)] arrdee. 

So its kasmet from me and its kasmet from Val .

So Ardee have you been watching the repeats of The Two Vladimirs on Bulgarian television ?[:D]

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]taylor = known quantity, proven player, past pedigree, top gun.vlad = unknown quantity,  proven domestic pedigree,  foreign gamble, has an all or nothing ''vidic'' or ''dave striker ''potential.in short, he could be a good''un - top 6  type player, or he could bomb and leave us  with egg over our chops, and facing a relegation battle.  roedy has made some good buys so far, for me - this has ''risk'' written all over it.  [/quote]

This just about sums up the pink ''un message board. He''s either going to be brilliant or rubbish. The board''s either brillaint or rubbish, the fans are either brilliant or rubbish.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that the vast majority of people fall somewhere in between? He could for instance turn out to be a good quality defender, making a few mistakes, having a few brilliant games and do a very worthwhile job for us for a few years. a bit like Malky, or Big Dunc, or Flem.

[/quote]err no foggo - i felt what i said was fair comment.  for every foreign player that comes into the english leagues and succeeds, another bombs.  its not easy to transfer continental skill to english leagues.mo camara has english experience - and from day one at city looked like he''d always played for us.  clearly, taylor settled early and did very well for us.  to get a settled and successful defence is worth its weight in gold - simply we know what taylor can do - even at £1.25m if he came here and kept us up, that represents a sound investment. if he could help us mount a promotion push next season, his fee would look cheap if we got promoted.  meanwhile, as boris has said - illiev looks cheaper when compared to taylor, and is probably a decent player - but if arsne wenger bought the player, would he stick him straight into the line-up at arsenal  to assist their title challenge??? i doubt it, cos wengers well stated view is that it takes foreign players 6 months to settle in england!!!so, imo - vlad looks like a gamble to me, forced upon roedy cos the dosh isn''t there for taylor - simple as, and 2 points from the bottom 3 is not the place to be taking risky plunges on players who might take til next sept to look the part!?!

[quote user="HUDDY "]This was mentioned by someone on 606, and i couldnt find it, cheers CJF, sounds promising. Has a decent track record, hopefully will be ebetter than Mr Strihavka, our last eastern european![/quote]No macca, our last eastern european was Borut Lovrenski the Polish handyman at Carrow Rd. Thanks to him our floors are sparkling.

It is ''Iliev'', and not 2 L''s as the title suggests, right?

He should get a better run in the team as he is a CB.

[quote user="Steve Burns"]

So its kasmet from me and its kasmet from Val .

So Ardee have you been watching the repeats of The Two Vladimirs on Bulgarian television ?[:D]

[/quote]

Now "Steve" you lovely old boy , No I have not been watching television on the said programme  but I have been inflicting myself on the Bulgarian people for the last seven years every July for two weeks . I am still not sure what they make of me . They do tend to crack up when I talk to them in Bulgarian for some reason or another , perhaps its my Norfolk accent getting in the way. As they all speak better English than me I don''t know why I bother. If I do find one that can''t speak English I fasten on to him like a limpet ,trying out my very best Bulgarian , It Is a bit off putting when he is reduced to tears , holding his sides and shaking , with a look of anguish on his face , but there you go  .[;)] arrdee.

This from a Bulgarian football fan on another website, I asked for info there...[quote]I am Bulgarian and even though I am not a fan of CSKA Sofia and I am

familiar with him from 2-3 of his matches I''ve watched. I can tell you

that he is a good Central defender with some experience in Europe - he

played against Bayern Leverkusen and Liverpool with his club the year

before if I remember right. He was elected best defender in Bulgaria in

2005, champion in Bulgaria with CSKA from season 2004/2005.
  His clubs''s

level is maybe even higher than Norwich they always compete for the

title in Bulgaria so he goes in England mainly for the salary which in

Bulgaria is very poor - certainly below 5 000 euro monthly . So

probably he will be a good asset to your team and hopefully you survive

in Championship.[/quote]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]taylor = known quantity, proven player, past pedigree, top gun.

vlad = unknown quantity,  proven domestic pedigree,  foreign gamble, has an all or nothing ''vidic'' or ''dave striker ''potential.

in short, he could be a good''un - top 6  type player, or he could bomb and leave us  with egg over our chops, and facing a relegation battle.  roedy has made some good buys so far, for me - this has ''risk'' written all over it. 

[/quote]

This just about sums up the pink ''un message board. He''s either going to be brilliant or rubbish. The board''s either brillaint or rubbish, the fans are either brilliant or rubbish.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that the vast majority of people fall somewhere in between? He could for instance turn out to be a good quality defender, making a few mistakes, having a few brilliant games and do a very worthwhile job for us for a few years. a bit like Malky, or Big Dunc, or Flem.

[/quote]

err no foggo - i felt what i said was fair comment.  for every foreign player that comes into the english leagues and succeeds, another bombs.  its not easy to transfer continental skill to english leagues.

mo camara has english experience - and from day one at city looked like he''d always played for us.  clearly, taylor settled early and did very well for us.  to get a settled and successful defence is worth its weight in gold - simply we know what taylor can do - even at £1.25m if he came here and kept us up, that represents a sound investment. if he could help us mount a promotion push next season, his fee would look cheap if we got promoted.  meanwhile, as boris has said - illiev looks cheaper when compared to taylor, and is probably a decent player - but if arsne wenger bought the player, would he stick him straight into the line-up at arsenal  to assist their title challenge??? i doubt it, cos wengers well stated view is that it takes foreign players 6 months to settle in england!!!

so, imo - vlad looks like a gamble to me, forced upon roedy cos the dosh isn''t there for taylor - simple as, and 2 points from the bottom 3 is not the place to be taking risky plunges on players who might take til next sept to look the part!?!

[/quote]

Only can add that this player normally is for bigger club and league but of course this is only virtualy and we is hard to know are Iliev will settle in engl;ish game or not so always there is danger but be sure player like this on papper is much better and cheap with so many english players who 99% is very big overpriced!

Iliev have interest last 2 years from Fulham Watford Sampdoria etc and the only chanse we to be so close for this kind of players is because CSKA promised him not to hold anymore this player because he have big servent for the club last 4 years and if not leave Bulgaria next 6-10 months so at 29+ years  he must forget anymore to play abroad!

So he try to hold this oportunaty because even CSKA is bigger club with 30 times champion most than 150 -200 eurogames etc etc money in english football is much bigger also training camps ,grounds etc...

So we see Dave Nugent have hard times after change team for big money and of course always is a gamble some player after change club to hold level or not english or eastern europe examples is so many Kevin Davies James Beattie Wayne Bridge and many other like them ENGLISH players ...

So again must say we will have player that is normally for bigger club at least on paper so fingers crossed soon to re build his fitnes and to start play for us and belive me if deal is around 400-500 k pounds this player can be bargain!

Boban Jancevski- Boris are you serious about this player becoming available?If so you should definately e mail the club about him .

heh of course im sure because we are big frends I was on him at Lokeren for 2 weeks in November also together travel to amsterdam to watch Holland-Bulgaria and we speak on MSN evry day but main problem can be that he never played for national team and will be problem to granted work visa any way he will be free agent in few days time that is sure and looking for new team.

Jancevski is voted play of the year in Macedonia league for last year but Lokeren used to play only with Tambwe in attack and manager Leekens not used Jancevski many times last 2 months.

[quote user="Boris"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]taylor = known quantity, proven player, past pedigree, top gun.vlad = unknown quantity,  proven domestic pedigree,  foreign gamble, has an all or nothing ''vidic'' or ''dave striker ''potential.in short, he could be a good''un - top 6  type player, or he could bomb and leave us  with egg over our chops, and facing a relegation battle.  roedy has made some good buys so far, for me - this has ''risk'' written all over it.  [/quote]

[/quote]err no foggo - i felt what i said was fair comment.  for every foreign player that comes into the english leagues and succeeds, another bombs.  its not easy to transfer continental skill to english leagues.mo camara has english experience - and from day one at city looked like he''d always played for us.  clearly, taylor settled early and did very well for us.  to get a settled and successful defence is worth its weight in gold - simply we know what taylor can do - even at £1.25m if he came here and kept us up, that represents a sound investment. if he could help us mount a promotion push next season, his fee would look cheap if we got promoted.  meanwhile, as boris has said - illiev looks cheaper when compared to taylor, and is probably a decent player - but if arsne wenger bought the player, would he stick him straight into the line-up at arsenal  to assist their title challenge??? i doubt it, cos wengers well stated view is that it takes foreign players 6 months to settle in england!!!so, imo - vlad looks like a gamble to me, forced upon roedy cos the dosh isn''t there for taylor - simple as, and 2 points from the bottom 3 is not the place to be taking risky plunges on players who might take til next sept to look the part!?!

[/quote]

Only can add that this player normally is for bigger club and league but of course this is only virtualy and we is hard to know are Iliev will settle in engl;ish game or not so always there is danger but be sure player like this on papper is much better and cheap with so many english players who 99% is very big overpriced!

Iliev have interest last 2 years from Fulham Watford Sampdoria etc and the only chanse we to be so close for this kind of players is because CSKA promised him not to hold anymore this player because he have big servent for the club last 4 years and if not leave Bulgaria next 6-10 months so at 29+ years  he must forget anymore to play abroad!

So he try to hold this oportunaty because even CSKA is bigger club with 30 times champion most than 150 -200 eurogames etc etc money in english football is much bigger also training camps ,grounds etc...

So we see Dave Nugent have hard times after change team for big money and of course always is a gamble some player after change club to hold level or not english or eastern europe examples is so many Kevin Davies James Beattie Wayne Bridge and many other like them ENGLISH players ...

So again must say we will have player that is normally for bigger club at least on paper so fingers crossed soon to re build his fitnes and to start play for us and belive me if deal is around 400-500 k pounds this player can be bargain!

[/quote]understand where you are coming from boris, and from what you''re saying iliev sounds a classy buy, but with NCFC so close to the bottom of the champs, we don''t seem to have a margin for error. 

[quote user="Scottlarock"]

... if he scored against Liverpool then he''s obviously UEFA/Champ Lge standard ...

[/quote]

With this logic, Ryan Jarvis is Champions League standard.

Perhaps Leon McKenzie should be in the England team? He did score against Man U.

Thomas Helveg, anyone?

Im sure he has a number of trophies in his cabinet.

For Norwich though...?

[quote user="Largey"]

It is ''Iliev'', and not 2 L''s as the title suggests, right?

[/quote]

Best not tell the Club shop his name has only 1 ''L'' in it, as they would get an extra fifty pence per shirt sold with his name printed on it with 2 ''L''s....

[quote user="Boris"]

heh of course im sure because we are big frends I was on him at Lokeren for 2 weeks[/quote]

You certainly sound like big friends Boris, and he sure sounds like he''s got the required stamina needed for the English game...

[quote user="Boris"][quote user="Largey"]

Talking of CB''s, im very glad to see the Doc has played well over the XMas/New Year period :).

[/quote]

Sure I say only positives today to Iliev but to be fair the boy was very positive to this new chalenge.

To be fair now I have big frend who will broke his contract with Lokeren in few days he is centre forward last year top scorer on Macedonian league with 27 goals.

Boban Jancevski is the name and not need to be payd transfer money for the club :p

[/quote]

Er Boris, there are two Bobans, the one in Belgium is 29, very average and has not scored all season. The goal scoring starlet is listed below. So he must be a really BIG friend!

Elsewhere the chase for the league''s top scorer, Boban Jancevski, is hotting up after the 18-goal starlet left Baskimi as a free agent.

[quote user="Salahuddin"][quote user="Boris"][quote user="Largey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Er Boris, there are two Bobans, the one in Belgium is 29, very average and has not scored all season. The goal scoring starlet is listed below. So he must be a really BIG friend!

Elsewhere the chase for the league''s top scorer, Boban Jancevski, is hotting up after the 18-goal starlet left Baskimi as a free agent.

[/quote]

Its a same Boban mate :)

He played and was champion of Bulgaria 3-4 years ago with Loko Plovdiv who is local rival to my team Botev (Bulgarian Canaries)

Boban score many goals here also away at Bolton on Uefa cup game.Then Loko boss was killed and team is destroyed.

Boban go to Baskimi score 18 goals and then at winter break go to Renova both teams is Macedonians Boban is macedonian too with Bulgarian pass.

Secund season in Macedonia he spell in Renova too scored 27 goals in one season and voted player of the year  and best scorer.

Last summer he go to Fc Lokeren after contract with Renova expired was regular but bad injury kick out him for a month (we was on Lokeren-Mehelen together (impressive yellow fans Mehelen have!)

After this injury Leekens coach already change and start use 4-5-1 only with Tambwe in attack so Boban limited his play to 10 minutes as sub on some games etc.

Now he spoke with Leekens and in few days will be free agent for sure.

But I make researche and there is no any chanse he to play in UK because not have caps for national team last season and this automat mean no way to passed work visa who still is need for Bulgaria&Romania players.

[quote user="Salahuddin"][quote user="Boris"][quote user="Largey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

here I find somthing on english about my frend

http://macedonianfootball.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=47&Itemid=99999999

Errrrm Boris you said you lived or were from Plovdiv, and it was Lokomotiv Plovdiv that Boban Jancevski used to play for, before moving back to Macedonia. He is a free agent, but the Boban Jancevski that plays for Lokeren isn''t a free agent nor is he very good.

Was this a bit of a blunder, on your research, as surely if you were a good friend with Boban, then you would know he''d been your local teams best player, as well as playing in a different league....hmmmmmmm??

Hud, that Jancevski doesnt and hasnt played for lokeren, there is another guy with the same name who plays for lokeren and then the one in that article...

[quote user="breaker2"]Hud, that Jancevski doesnt and hasnt played for lokeren, there is another guy with the same name who plays for lokeren and then the one in that article...[/quote]

hey  man there is only one boban jancevski :)

from where come then this boban to lokeren?

I tell you all history he is my frend since he used to play in my city and we keep talk very often by skype msn etc alsmost evry day...

if you need i can add you here some pictures from last summer black sea holliday also from my stay in Lokeren in November etc.

Its out of topic and not need other members to read all this things and to waste his time

If you need i can  add you link  in next 2-3 days when Lokeren relseased without money him also he must will go to Cyprus to his old Lokomotiv manager Eranosian very probably .

this is also link to uefa site from bolotn uefa cup game that he score...

http://pt.uefa.com/competitions/uefacup/history/season=2005/round=2208/match=81862/report=ev.html

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="Boris"]

heh of course im sure because we are big frends I was on him at Lokeren for 2 weeks[/quote]

You certainly sound like big friends Boris, and he sure sounds like he''s got the required stamina needed for the English game...

[/quote]

Not to mention the stamina to be on him for two weeks!

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Alex"][quote user="Boris"]

[/quote]

Not to mention the stamina to be on him for two weeks!

[/quote]

Kinda what i was getting at Yellow Rages [;)]