Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Bulgarian Press - Norwich 90% chance of signing Vladimir Illiev!

[quote]are the powers that be acting in the best interest of NCFC???  i say, take a deep inhale of breath, step back from this eastern euro deal, then personally, i''d be upto brum tommorrow with a suitcase of used £50''s in the boot, give brady her cash in the flaming car park, with a forced smile, and put tayor on the back seat.[/quote]

And put Brady on the roofrack and send the vehicle through a car wash. TWICE. 

That''ll teach her not to negotiate with us.

I''d prefer Taylor as we know he''s the finished article and would do us good in our team. We don''t really know a lot about this guy and it''s a pretty big gamble really. We shall see.

I''m still slightly unclear why some seem totally desperate for us to sign Taylor, as if there are no other c/b''s in existence.  Yes we need a c/b and yes he was relatively sucessful on loan here but many seem to forget that we did let quite a few goals in with him in the side, and I don''t know anyone who had any more than a passing knowledge of him before he came to us.  If Roeder fancies someone else, imo we should trust his judgement - it was him who brought Taylor to our knowledge, after all. 

If you listened to Arsne Wenger this afternoon he said it takes 4 to 5 months for East Europeans to adapt. This must apply also to Dave as to their striker who has JUST hit form. Lets wait and see please

[quote user="scott"]

Strivaka has been an expensive mistake partly due Grant having no contacts and unable to attract players to this club.

Roeder has got contacts, Taylor is there for the taking and is proven and as a previous poster mentioned the defenses communication skills amongst themselves aren''t the best as it is so adding a foriegner who probably speaks little if any English would make things worse.

So why would we need to go down that route again?

Only being used as a pawn in the ongoing squabble with Birmingham over signing Taylor - I HOPE!

[/quote]Agree on dave. however, i must take issue with the "speaks little if any english"comment. How the hell do you know? do you know the player? have you any evidence he can''t speak English? It is second language in many Eastern European countries due to schooling and the influx of British/American TV. About 80% of Polish people who live in poland are fluent in English. I have no idea on Bulgaria but I''m sure it won''t be far off. Why should Iliev not speak any English? Because he is a foreigner? get real. It is one of the most spoken languages in the world, behind mandarin chinese. No brits can speak fluent Spanish can they? Most of Europe speak English. You have no idea whether he speaks perfect english or none at all and thus the crux of your communication argument is fatally flawed. I''m not saying he does or doesn''t because i don''t know, but stop making stupid foundationless assumptions.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]taylor = known quantity, proven player, past pedigree, top gun.

vlad = unknown quantity,  proven domestic pedigree,  foreign gamble, has an all or nothing ''vidic'' or ''dave striker ''potential.

in short, he could be a good''un - top 6  type player, or he could bomb and leave us  with egg over our chops, and facing a relegation battle.  roedy has made some good buys so far, for me - this has ''risk'' written all over it. 

we don''t know the details over taylor yet, but if the boy was willing to come here, and we haven''t gone back to brum cos of ego''s within NCFC, then we could be cutting off our noses to spite our faces here???

is it pride before a fall???

are the powers that be acting in the best interest of NCFC???  i say, take a deep inhale of breath, step back from this eastern euro deal, then personally, i''d be upto brum tommorrow with a suitcase of used £50''s in the boot, give brady her cash in the flaming car park, with a forced smile, and put tayor on the back seat.

we''d have the last laugh with taylor in our squad - make no mistake!!!
[/quote]

Agree with you all that you said is true BUT are you think that Roeder is so stupid and not know all this things in favour of Taylor?

Im sure that he know all this things and for me the answer is simple!
Simply things is not same like that.

First Taylor price is 1 milion + pounds and im sure that Valentin Iliev price can be max around 500 k euro who is around 350 k pounds(no way bulgarian club to sell deffender for 1 milion Berbatov was cost 1,5 milion payed by Leverkusen to this CSKA and was proven goalscorer) so Iliev is around 3 times cheeper and 2 years yunger Taylor.

Berbatov shine in his first season so why this guy not to settled quick and play good since begin?

Iliev shuld be ok for championshim strong +very good in the air much more confort with ball than  Docherty +score often goals !

Hope not to have problem with work permit becaus im not sure that have 75% of national teams games for last year.

Tomorrow after spoke with player will add more info here....

in all fairness we could do with a couple of centre backs

the doc has been playing well but shackell is fast turning into a dire player (which is a shame as i did rate him once and he is a local lad)

if we do get this guy it still wouldnt suprise me if taylor turned up then giving up 4 players to fight for 2 spots something we have not had in many a year at the back

[quote user="Boris"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]taylor = known quantity, proven player, past pedigree, top gun.vlad = unknown quantity,  proven domestic pedigree,  foreign gamble, has an all or nothing ''vidic'' or ''dave striker ''potential.in short, he could be a good''un - top 6  type player, or he could bomb and leave us  with egg over our chops, and facing a relegation battle.  roedy has made some good buys so far, for me - this has ''risk'' written all over it.  we don''t know the details over taylor yet, but if the boy was willing to come here, and we haven''t gone back to brum cos of ego''s within NCFC, then we could be cutting off our noses to spite our faces here???is it pride before a fall???are the powers that be acting in the best interest of NCFC???  i say, take a deep inhale of breath, step back from this eastern euro deal, then personally, i''d be upto brum tommorrow with a suitcase of used £50''s in the boot, give brady her cash in the flaming car park, with a forced smile, and put tayor on the back seat.we''d have the last laugh with taylor in our squad - make no mistake!!![/quote]

Agree with you all that you said is true BUT are you think that Roeder is so stupid and not know all this things in favour of Taylor?

Im sure that he know all this things and for me the answer is simple!Simply things is not same like that.

First Taylor price is 1 milion + pounds and im sure that Valentin Iliev price can be max around 500 k euro who is around 350 k pounds(no way bulgarian club to sell deffender for 1 milion Berbatov was cost 1,5 milion payed by Leverkusen to this CSKA and was proven goalscorer) so Iliev is around 3 times cheeper and 2 years yunger Taylor.

Berbatov shine in his first season so why this guy not to settled quick and play good since begin?

Iliev shuld be ok for championshim strong +very good in the air much more confort with ball than  Docherty +score often goals !

Hope not to have problem with work permit becaus im not sure that have 75% of national teams games for last year.

[/quote]convincing arguments boris, and thanks for your excellent first hand reporting of the situaaashun out there.sure, if roedy is eyeing iliev up, then i''m prepared to accept that he must look a good player - roedy hasn''t signed a lemon yet!!!  its clear that iliev should cost NCFC less, in terms of cash - but does roedy need to take a gamble.with taylor, you know what you''re getting - and city looked a better team with him in the side.  shouldn''t that be enough for City to go for him, or someone similar based in the champs already???the pace of the english game requires  excellent levels of fitness -  an arsenal frech import said recently that the first thing they do when arriving in england, is do extra gym work to beef up and  attain extra physical stamina.  unless iliev is built like a tank, is tough as teak, can run all day and has good pace - then forget it man!!!  we''re 2 points off bottom and need to climb up - there''s no margin for error in my view, and therefore no gambles should be taken - simple as.

Perhaps the best clue is in the last line of the following paragraph reproduced from the original post?

The cardinal Cska and national team apologist to Bulgaria Валентин Илиев close surely will start playing in english Норич, Топспорт tells. According to the information the 27--year old footballer to 90 percent is bargain - priced with the team from Чемпиъншип. At the point Норич is found on 20--th position in second english ешалон, to period over the trait of those who have fallen out,, and Glenn Рьодер has surcharged to the team the former West director-heme and Newcastle. Валентин Илиев is a juvenile of Botev (Враца), is in Cska, where her became a champion of Бъл, from 2004 as well.

[:^)]

OTBC

[quote user="Boris"]

[/quote]

Does he need a work permit, being an EU citizen and all?

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="Boris"]

[/quote]

Does he need a work permit, being an EU citizen and all?

[/quote]

This rule still work for Bulgaria and Romania so still this country players need work permit Liverpool failed to grant visa for his new yuong keeper Bulgarian Mihaillov because that he is now on loan to Twente.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Boris"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]taylor = known quantity, proven player, past pedigree, top gun.

vlad = unknown quantity,  proven domestic pedigree,  foreign gamble, has an all or nothing ''vidic'' or ''dave striker ''potential.

in short, he could be a good''un - top 6  type player, or he could bomb and leave us  with egg over our chops, and facing a relegation battle.  roedy has made some good buys so far, for me - this has ''risk'' written all over it. 

we don''t know the details over taylor yet, but if the boy was willing to come here, and we haven''t gone back to brum cos of ego''s within NCFC, then we could be cutting off our noses to spite our faces here???

are the powers that be acting in the best interest of NCFC???  i say, take a deep inhale of breath, step back from this eastern euro deal, then personally, i''d be upto brum tommorrow with a suitcase of used £50''s in the boot, give brady her cash in the flaming car park, with a forced smile, and put tayor on the back seat.

[/quote]

[/quote]

convincing arguments boris, and thanks for your excellent first hand reporting of the situaaashun out there.

sure, if roedy is eyeing iliev up, then i''m prepared to accept that he must look a good player - roedy hasn''t signed a lemon yet!!!  its clear that iliev should cost NCFC less, in terms of cash - but does roedy need to take a gamble.

with taylor, you know what you''re getting - and city looked a better team with him in the side.  shouldn''t that be enough for City to go for him, or someone similar based in the champs already???

the pace of the english game requires  excellent levels of fitness -  an arsenal frech import said recently that the first thing they do when arriving in england, is do extra gym work to beef up and  attain extra physical stamina.  unless iliev is built like a tank, is tough as teak, can run all day and has good pace - then forget it man!!!  we''re 2 points off bottom and need to climb up - there''s no margin for error in my view, and therefore no gambles should be taken - simple as.

[/quote]

You miss point that Taylor price is so high for us coz is not easy team like Norwich to pay 1 milion+ pounds for 29 year old deffender.

Same time for me is complete joke team with any ambitions to have only 2 centre backs in whole squad and if some one is inj or sussp to playe there god know who out of posision.

This mean we need badly at least one centre back from this market january at least for cover and belive me Iliev have class and you will foind very hard to find in January any normal deffender in overpiced endglish market for around 350 k pounds so I not see where is gamble.

SImply taylor is bets choise for us now because is prouven but no way we to pay milion so if price is still same we have Iliev alternative imo.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fWu_OLB7dKI

No he doesn''t need permits and all that jazz. If he''s Czech Rep international standard (or even bench) then we''ll have him. The Czechs are technically superb and if he scored against Liverpool then he''s obviously UEFA/Champ Lge standard. Czech Rep always does better than England internationally. Take all this into account with the two names Shackell and Doherty then mix it with the intelligent reasoning of Roeder then I think it''s no risk at all. If he can defend and has any notion of going forward and that a centre half could actually start a forward move by passing and not just ballsing stuff up then GET HIM. A million euros is roughly £750,000. Bargain. Forget Tiny - he''s never since he left said he wants to come back.,regardless of the fevered speculation on here. Lets get Illiev - sounds cool as well :-). This frees up Shacks to man a kiosk with Big dave, the Judge and Gunny at half time in the Upper Barclay. Survival and knocking out the Mars Bars and pies - the hierarchy will be well chuffed too.

Not sure that the Bulgarians (and Romanians) have the normal EU free access to the UK. being new EU. countries (unlike the time when Poland, the Baltic states, Slovenia, Czech, Slovakia, Hungary, Malta and Cyprus joined). This time I believe there are certain conditions, e.g., if they register as self employed they can enter and stay in the UK. I can''t remember what the other conditions are. 

I wonder if we are in for Iliev at 700,000 as he is 50 grand less than Taylor. Or is Roeder going for both? We need more strength in depth.

[quote user="Scottlarock"]No he doesn''t need permits and all that jazz. If he''s Czech Rep international standard (or even bench) then we''ll have him. The Czechs are technically superb and if he scored against Liverpool then he''s obviously UEFA/Champ Lge standard. Czech Rep always does better than England internationally. Take all this into account with the two names Shackell and Doherty then mix it with the intelligent reasoning of Roeder then I think it''s no risk at all. If he can defend and has any notion of going forward and that a centre half could actually start a forward move by passing and not just ballsing stuff up then GET HIM. A million euros is roughly £750,000. Bargain. Forget Tiny - he''s never since he left said he wants to come back.,regardless of the fevered speculation on here. Lets get Illiev - sounds cool as well :-). This frees up Shacks to man a kiosk with Big dave, the Judge and Gunny at half time in the Upper Barclay. Survival and knocking out the Mars Bars and pies - the hierarchy will be well chuffed too.
[/quote]

Which would be fine and dandy if he was from the Czech Republic but (and the clue is in the Topic Title) he is actually Bulgarian.

Yes, I feel rather foolish. However still technically excellent but unfortunately no access to a border free Europe. Still worth the pursuit and the rest of my post still stands. Thanks Bunny.

Hope we beat Watford to his signature, Tiny was very good for us but Iliev i think is an even better defender. Fingers crossed.

[quote user="Boris"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Boris"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

convincing arguments boris, and thanks for your excellent first hand reporting of the situaaashun out there.

sure, if roedy is eyeing iliev up, then i''m prepared to accept that he must look a good player - roedy hasn''t signed a lemon yet!!!  its clear that iliev should cost NCFC less, in terms of cash - but does roedy need to take a gamble.

with taylor, you know what you''re getting - and city looked a better team with him in the side.  shouldn''t that be enough for City to go for him, or someone similar based in the champs already???

the pace of the english game requires  excellent levels of fitness -  an arsenal frech import said recently that the first thing they do when arriving in england, is do extra gym work to beef up and  attain extra physical stamina.  unless iliev is built like a tank, is tough as teak, can run all day and has good pace - then forget it man!!!  we''re 2 points off bottom and need to climb up - there''s no margin for error in my view, and therefore no gambles should be taken - simple as.

[/quote]

You miss point that Taylor price is so high for us coz is not easy team like Norwich to pay 1 milion+ pounds for 29 year old deffender.

Same time for me is complete joke team with any ambitions to have only 2 centre backs in whole squad and if some one is inj or sussp to playe there god know who out of posision.

This mean we need badly at least one centre back from this market january at least for cover and belive me Iliev have class and you will foind very hard to find in January any normal deffender in overpiced endglish market for around 350 k pounds so I not see where is gamble.

SImply taylor is bets choise for us now because is prouven but no way we to pay milion so if price is still same we have Iliev alternative imo.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fWu_OLB7dKI

[/quote]

any news Boris?

is he on his way.. or did he say "norwich Who?"

jas :)

Well Iliev just fly to England and according hime there is not be trial etc simply come for  medical checks and few trainings and if is talks about finansials parametres is OK he till end of week must be new Norwich City player!

About Watford he was very close to sign to them last season but CSKA broke the talks in last moment and for now Watford no new talks about him so we not chalenged other teams for this sign.

So Iliev tomorrow will be at Colney I hope very much this deal to happen because my opinion is that this deffender will suit to English football + he is big pro no doubt about that! 

Not say "Norwich who" mate be sure !

The boy is very positive and say will try to make all to sign the deal.

I say him only big positives about club about Colney about attendance around 25 000 etc ...

He was on Frankfurt airport 40 min ago so must be in Norwich this night for sure!

He is very big motivated in evry game very strong fisicly with big expirience I much belive that will be good signing hope all to be OK with finansial parametres and my country man to be Canary soon!

[quote user="Alex"]

Hope we beat Watford to his signature, Tiny was very good for us but Iliev i think is an even better defender. Fingers crossed.

[/quote]

Wasn''t it Watford that were keen on Big Dave initially as well!

If thats the case lets hope this deal works out better!

I would be pleased with this signing indeed

We may say ''we need Taylor'' etc etc but how do we know Illiev wont be even better?

Yeh yeh ''he might also be half as good'', but this isnt the thinking we need right now. We have to trust Roeder to have a good knowledge of what he is getting and why he is getting it.

I would also like to say a big thankyou to Boris, who has been really good to supply us with this information and stick with it the way he has. [Y]

Im intrigued that Boris knows so much about this guys whereabouts :)

He should be our scoutee!

Talking of CB''s, im very glad to see the Doc has played well over the XMas/New Year period :).

This chap sounds good anyway, i hope if he joins he can adapt to our game.

How does football in Bulgaria compare to that of England?

[/quote]

This just about sums up the pink ''un message board. He''s either going to be brilliant or rubbish. The board''s either brillaint or rubbish, the fans are either brilliant or rubbish.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that the vast majority of people fall somewhere in between? He could for instance turn out to be a good quality defender, making a few mistakes, having a few brilliant games and do a very worthwhile job for us for a few years. a bit like Malky, or Big Dunc, or Flem.

Apparantly Illiev is in for medical tomorrow!

"Norwich are reportedly on the verge of a major defensive capture in the form of Bulgaria international Valentin Iliev.

Iliev will undergo a medical at Carrow Road on Tuesday, according to daily Topsport, ahead of completing a €1 million transfer.

The 28-year-old has five caps to his name at international level,

and he was voted the best defender in Bulgaria three seasons ago.

Iliev, who once turned down a move to Watford, believes the time

could be right for him to test his skills in the English Championship."

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/01/07/Championship-Norwich-to-sign-Iliev/