Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

How much do we have to spend??????????

After bidding 750k for Iliev and also reports today that we are after midfielder Chris Armstrong from sheff utd for 900k we must have quite a healthy transfer kitty. Now that Ched Evans is not coming back, you''d think that a forward would be top of Roeders shopping list and i think we will see someone coming in very soon.  All this makes you think we have far more in the transfer kitty than the club is letting on. But how much has Roeder got to spend and why didn''t he spend just 250k more to get Taylor?

principle...we could probably do better with similar money rather than  play monkey to the brum organ grinder...we may get himtaylor wont go anywhere....brum dnt wanna pay 2 1/2yrs wages while he rots in reserves. so eventually we will get him for 750kbut on the 31st january...

[quote user="city til i die"]

After bidding 750k for Iliev and also reports today that we are after midfielder Chris Armstrong from sheff utd for 900k we must have quite a healthy transfer kitty. Now that Ched Evans is not coming back, you''d think that a forward would be top of Roeders shopping list and i think we will see someone coming in very soon.  All this makes you think we have far more in the transfer kitty than the club is letting on. But how much has Roeder got to spend and why didn''t he spend just 250k more to get Taylor?

[/quote]

someone i was talking to today went on about us having 5 million but where the hell he got that number from is beyond me

maybe its the new investors the cska chairman mentioned

[/quote]enough to A. escape relegation B. build for a realistic tilt at the orem next season.  anything else is not enough.

Exactly 1 million, four hundred and seventy six thousand pounds and 19 pence!

(Okay that''s a guess but it''s all anyones going to be able to do isn''t it?)

Personally I think quite a bit, possibly as much as £3m My logic being that the Board have inadvertantly backed themselves into a corner by appointing GR who has already proven that he knows what we need to improve. (Three matches to assess, then a two week break for Internationals during which some very shrewd loans were arranged).

No money for signings and it would be obvious who were to blame should we be relegated, for the hard of thinking it sure as hell wouldn''t be GR who immediately addressed the problems the fans could see for some time

A relegation battle on the pitch  would probably be a battle off the pitch that the current Board  would not survive.

Look use your brains.All the "where''s the money gone" brigade take note too......When clubs know you have money because you''ve been gobbing off about it (Scum & QPR for example) the they are going to lay hardball to get tha money off you. Fortunately our board are a little smarter. By not disclosing the amounts available the other clubs involved have to play a much more cautious game. There has always been money available... thanks to the board. its just very basic, very obvious business sense to keep your cards close to your chest.Very very simpleAs for "and why didn''t he spend just 250k more to get Taylor?"...... Roeder put a valuation on hoim and thats that. Its nota question that the club doesn''t have the £250k, its that Roeder does not wish to exceed the valuation. Quite right too.£250k is a lot of money. I sincerely hope we dont give it to Brady

[:)][:)][:)][:)][quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]Look use your brains.

All the "where''s the money gone" brigade take note too......

When clubs know you have money because you''ve been gobbing off about it (Scum & QPR for example) the they are going to lay hardball to get tha money off you. Fortunately our board are a little smarter. By not disclosing the amounts available the other clubs involved have to play a much more cautious game.

There has always been money available... thanks to the board. its just very basic, very obvious business sense to keep your cards close to your chest.

Very very simple

As for "and why didn''t he spend just 250k more to get Taylor?"...... Roeder put a valuation on hoim and thats that. Its nota question that the club doesn''t have the £250k, its that Roeder does not wish to exceed the valuation. Quite right too.

£250k is a lot of money. I sincerely hope we dont give it to Brady
[/quote]

Good point like that alot!! well said. Sounds right to me aswell roeder is playing a good game if taylor wants to come to us then he will reject other clubs. Then Brum  wont want to hold onto him and let him rot in the reserves they will want to get rid of him get abit of cash and free his wages so eventually they will accept our 750K bid.!!

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]Look use your brains.All the "where''s the money gone" brigade take note too......When clubs know you have money because you''ve been gobbing off about it (Scum & QPR for example) the they are going to lay hardball to get tha money off you. Fortunately our board are a little smarter. By not disclosing the amounts available the other clubs involved have to play a much more cautious game. There has always been money available... thanks to the board. its just very basic, very obvious business sense to keep your cards close to your chest.Very very simpleAs for "and why didn''t he spend just 250k more to get Taylor?"...... Roeder put a valuation on hoim and thats that. Its nota question that the club doesn''t have the £250k, its that Roeder does not wish to exceed the valuation. Quite right too.£250k is a lot of money. I sincerely hope we dont give it to Brady[/quote]according to radio naarrolkss own neil adams - he says £250,000 for a footy team is not alot of money ''peanuts'' i think he said.  he made taylor our number 1 target.  obviously its not gonna happen now - which is a shame - cos he looked the real deal to many.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"] ......he says £250,000 for a footy team is not alot of money ''peanuts'' i think he said. [/quote]Think about that statement. Its obscene. £250k isn''t ''peanuts'' to a football club. Or a nurse, or solicitor, or bank, or insurance company, or a small country, or ChinaIts just an extremely stupid thing to say and sums up everything thats wrong with football.The posters on this board make me sick sometimes.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]Look use your brains.

When clubs know you have money because you''ve been gobbing off about it (Scum & QPR for example) the they are going to lay hardball to get tha money off you. Fortunately our board are a little smarter. By not disclosing the amounts available the other clubs involved have to play a much more cautious game.

There has always been money available... thanks to the board. its just very basic, very obvious business sense to keep your cards close to your chest.

Very very simple

As for "and why didn''t he spend just 250k more to get Taylor?"...... Roeder put a valuation on hoim and thats that. Its nota question that the club doesn''t have the £250k, its that Roeder does not wish to exceed the valuation. Quite right too.

[/quote]

Hope you are right - we will only see for sure at the end of the transfer window.

Personally and I hope i''m wrong - I actually don''t think we have too much to spend. The sale of Lewis, an up and coming talented keeper backs this up - especially as he was sold rather than asking for a move. Too me this looks like GR is having to sell before he can buy - not the sign of a club with a significant amount to spend this January.

I guess - and it is a total guess, that we don''t have more than £1m to play with (left over from the sales of Earnie and Etuhu in the summer) - this has now been enhanced Â£400k by the sale of Lewis. GR is looking to enhance this further with the sales of players like Brown and Murray. Gallagher has already gone, saving a wage (replaced by Pattison or Camera loan wages).

This is why we haven''t increased our bid for Taylor - we can''t afford to with the other players GR wanted (Pattison included).

As others have said, its all very well being linked with players, buying them is another matter.

I am sorry for being pessimistic but the board have let us down time and time again, they have spent their money but primarily on infrastructure rather than the squad, there is not alot left in the kitty - unless the Turners, or another investor is prepared to put their hands in their pockets

Very very simple

[/quote]

If you used your brains you would realise that the events of the last few years do not support your assumptions. All we`ve seen is our top players leave for millions to be replaced with cheapo`s (bar Earnshaw) and freebies-it`s why we`ve ended up in a relegation scrap. It`s really not that hard to work out. I`ll be the first to congratulate the board if we bring in a good number of players of the quality of Taylor, Armstrong, Iliev etc. but will you still be using the same old excuses if we don`t?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Very very simple

[/quote]

If you used your brains you would realise that the events of the last few years do not support your assumptions. All we`ve seen is our top players leave for millions to be replaced with cheapo`s (bar Earnshaw) and freebies-it`s why we`ve ended up in a relegation scrap. It`s really not that hard to work out. I`ll be the first to congratulate the board if we bring in a good number of players of the quality of Taylor, Armstrong, Iliev etc. but will you still be using the same old excuses if we don`t?

[/quote]

This post is a bit lame for you, Mr Carrow. You know better than most where the cash has gone but this post is about what cash we have now. The Earnshaw & Etuhu fees seem likely to be heading to cover losses & debt repayment but we will find that out when the relevent accounts are published. Everyone will have an opinion on what was said by the club when the fees came in but that doesn''y really add to this thread.

My theory is that we had around £1m quid for the window. Roeder worked on the basis that he could sign both Pattison & Taylor out of this cash. When QPR muddied the waters and Brum said they wanted £1m for Taylor that meant Roeder had to decide between Pattison or Taylor. With Doherty returning he decided to go with Pattison and use the change to add another CB (hence the Bulgarian guy).

Now it doesn''t seem like anyone thought we could anthing for any of the rest of the squad. So the £400k for Lewis and possible £350k for Brown has been a bit of bonus. But having played hard ball with Brum & starting working on plan b for Taylor Roeder doesn''t want to back down and compromise on valuations paricularly if the Bulgarian comes in and there is cover at CB.

So on that basis it looks like c£750k for an attacking player, the Evans loan fees for another loanee and what loose change Doncaster can find down the back of the CR sofa.

That does mean that as far as £250k being peanuts it is in fact a third of the total budget and Adams is taliking out the top of his head again.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

. but will you still be using the same old excuses if we don`t?

[/quote]Depending on circumstances ....yes I will. Current circumstances are that SO much effort is going into securing the right players AT THE RIGHT PRICES. Taylor the current case in point.I have a fair idea thanks to T07 how much is available and its not to be sniffed at, however there is nothing to say we will spend it if the right deals are not on offer (which happened twice to Grant in fairness to him)Its one of the things I like about Roeder, his awareness of the financial side of the club is extremely impressive, he''d do well running any business (cos like it or not thats what the club is), never mind a football club

My point is that the post i responded to is basically a carbon copy of what i`ve been reading every transfer window since relegation and that the argument does not hold water any more. I seem to remember reading on here in the close-season that Grant had already been given a sizeable transfer budget before the £5.5m player sales, yet we have now sold £6m+ of players and spent less than £3m. 

Preston have spent £1m+on a player twice this season and they have half our crowds and no recent Sky millions. We have spent £1m+ twice in the 11 or so years the board have been in charge. It`s this obsession with scrabbling around in the bargain bin which has wasted millions on the likes of Louis-Jean, Jarrett, Thorne, Gallagher, Hughes, Lappin, Brown, Robinson etc. and given the recent events re. Taylor i see no evidence that this approach has changed.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

My point is that the post i responded to is basically a carbon copy of what i`ve been reading every transfer window since relegation and that the argument does not hold water any more. I seem to remember reading on here in the close-season that Grant had already been given a sizeable transfer budget before the £5.5m player sales, yet we have now sold £6m+ of players and spent less than £3m. 

Preston have spent £1m+on a player twice this season and they have half our crowds and no recent Sky millions. We have spent £1m+ twice in the 11 or so years the board have been in charge. It`s this obsession with scrabbling around in the bargain bin which has wasted millions on the likes of Louis-Jean, Jarrett, Thorne, Gallagher, Hughes, Lappin, Brown, Robinson etc. and given the recent events re. Taylor i see no evidence that this approach has changed.

[/quote]

Preston are spending some of the money they got for Nugent & the Sky millions are long gone as you know well. This post is about this window and where we are now. Whicjch looks like net spending of c£1million to me.

[quote user="city boy 4 life"]

[:)][:)][:)][:)][quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]Look use your brains.

Very very simple

[/quote]

Good point like that alot!! well said. Sounds right to me aswell roeder is playing a good game if taylor wants to come to us then he will reject other clubs. Then Brum  wont want to hold onto him and let him rot in the reserves they will want to get rid of him get abit of cash and free his wages so eventually they will accept our 750K bid.!!

[/quote]

Sounds probable. However Glenns Roeders bid of £750k is way short of Taylors true valuation. KB is holding out for 1m because the Birmingham board know that they will probably get that before the end of the transfer window. It’s the classic waiting game. I would love to see Taylor sign for us but we will have to fork out more than £750k.

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

Preston are spending some of the money they got for Nugent & the Sky millions are long gone as you know well. This post is about this window and where we are now. Whicjch looks like net spending of c£1million to me.

[/quote]

Fair enough, i take your point and i agree with your estimation on the money available to spend (unless there has been some cash injection which is being kept under wraps). As for Preston, they have received about as much as we have in transfer fees but have spent more. And as far as i know they didn`t have a £2m cash injection at the start of the season either.

[/quote]

Hardly a healthy transfer kitty is it CTID???

A £million is peanuts in signing a player nowadays... just take a look at the quality of the players you mention above if you need evidence of that.

For anything to change at Carrow Road approx £5million minimum would need to be spent on the team... that just ain''t going to happen until there is a major overhaul in the boardroom.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="city til i die"]

[/quote]

Hardly a healthy transfer kitty is it CTID???

A £million is peanuts in signing a player nowadays... just take a look at the quality of the players you mention above if you need evidence of that.

For anything to change at Carrow Road approx £5million minimum would need to be spent on the team... that just ain''t going to happen until there is a major overhaul in the boardroom.

[/quote]

Hey, why don''t you organise a protest, that''ll you ''em?

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]
I have a fair idea thanks to T07 how much is available and its not to be sniffed at[/quote]

Please explain how T07 knows how much there is available?

[quote user="yellow hammer"]

[/quote]Crystal ball - what do you think?

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="yellow hammer"]

[/quote]

Crystal ball - what do you think?
[/quote]

Maybe a gullible (but magical) "Glittery Gonad?"[:|]