Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Marlon Harewood?

Was he at West Ham with Roeder? Can''t seem to get a look in at Villa, who are reportedly eying up Defoe also. Never found his form after his first season at WHU, needs to drop a division to rediscover his form. Thoughts?

[quote user="a1canary"]Was he at West Ham with Roeder? Can''t seem to get a look in at Villa, who are reportedly eying up Defoe also.

Never found his form after his first season at WHU, needs to drop a division to rediscover his form.

Thoughts?
[/quote]

The word is that he is returning home to Forest.

[quote user="a1canary"]Was he at West Ham with Roeder? Can''t seem to get a look in at Villa, who are reportedly eying up Defoe also. Never found his form after his first season at WHU, needs to drop a division to rediscover his form. Thoughts?[/quote]Well he certainly has  the attributes to be a good all-round player - he''s strong, direct, fast and has decent technique. I remember him, Huckerby and David Johnson tearing us to shreds playing for Forest a few years back. I think he''d do a job at this level, and certainly pose more of a threat than Brown, Strihavka and Martin combined. Trouble is, he''s notoriously inconsistent - some days he looks like a complete carthorse. He wouldn''t come cheap, either - Villa paid about £4m for him I think, maybe more...

[quote user="a1canary"]Was he at West Ham with Roeder?

[/quote]

Harewood was not at West Ham when Roeder was there.

Also I believe but might be wrong that Martin O''Neil has come out just recently and said that Harewood is not for sale and even if he was we couldn''t afford him.

Not that old chestnut again. His name has been doing the rounds since the Worthy era. I would think probably not........again.

1. mon has come out and says he keeping him, as they got smallish squad, and challenging for europe, they only have gabby, carew and moore up front. if anyone leaving up front its moore to wba. thats even if villa get defoe or any other striker

2. 4m they paid for him, i think if they sell they get least 2.5m

3. if he leaves i see him going prem side, bolton, derby, fulham would all go for him

4. have norwich got the money?

and to the bloke saying forest. NO CHANCE. why would he drop 2leagues and were would they get the fee from

if anything forest sign leon best

I was always only thinking in terms of a loan deal but if O''Neill wants to hang on then that''s that. I just wish he''d play him ''cos he''s in my fantasy team!

He''s a good player and would be a force in the Championship, love to see him here!