Sign in to follow this  
Jonnyboy

Dean Ashton...how much??

Right, there has been so much press now about him leaving that it''s got to be on the cards...

If he does go to Man city for a reported £7m!! how much of that would we get?

The pinkun suggests that we would get 15% therefore a return of £400k??

maths isn''t my strondest field but surely 15% of £7m is about £1m??

Very nice if this happens, and good business...

http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpagenews.asp?newsid=178563

http://www.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED02%20Jan%202008%2017%3A58%3A41%3A937

I think you will find it was 15% of any profit the Hammers make on him - not 15% of his total sale.

[quote user="Jonnyboy"]

Right, there has been so much press now about him leaving that it''s got to be on the cards...

http://www.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED02%20Jan%202008%2017%3A58%3A41%3A937

[/quote]

I am pretty sure that a sell on clause is only based on profit. If we sold him for 7m and West ham also sell him for 7m I dont think we stand to get anything at all. We are only entitled to 15% of anything over that 7m. I think that is right.

[quote user="Jonnyboy"]

[/quote]

The 15% sell on fee only applies to any profit West Ham make on the deal.

Therefore if he goes for £7 million we get nothing because they bought him for £7.25 million.

He would have to go for £10 million for us to get £400k.

It''s 15% of any profit.

The £400k that the pink''un alludes to would only fall due if Ashton were sold for the sum of £10,000,000 (the figure currently bandied in the media)

If DA were sold for £7m we''d get nothing.

Not sure if WHU still owe us any payments on the original deal, suppose if they do then they''d have to cough up which might see the transfer kitty miraculously boosted.

The sell on clause is on "any future profit" West Ham make on him, so if he sells for 7m, we will get nothing. Can''t see Ashton going that cheaply though, he is a big fan favourite and West Ham aren''t that short of cash.

In my opinion if Darren Bent is worth £18,000,000 then Ashton is worth far more!Bent is Knowhere near England Class yet i believe ashton to be our 3rd best striker to Rooney and Owen when fit. So should be worth at least £10,000,000I admit though, I think that Darren Bent was the most ridiculous transfer fee of recent times! He is a decent Prem player for a mid table team.

D''oh!

I agree with you Snakepit boys, especially with the expected £150m transfer budget Svens going to get.

I think West ham will want a lot more then £10m knowing this

As a long suffering Spurs fan I can tell you from first hand experience that Darren Bent isnt worth £18, never mind £18 million. I saw him first in our defeat at Newcastle (It is cold in the away seats a million miles in the air innit) and he shows no real qualities to me other than a bit of pace.

Ashton - different class of player. If Wet Spam wish to do a swap with "Benty" they are more than welcome - players like him are rare these days (the "Sheringham" style of footballer).

i agree ashton is better than bent

reasons i would give bent higher fee is

fitness as ashton injuries of late

and goals, bent has better goal scoring seasons than ashton i think

anyways bent is overrated at 18m ashton is about right 8-10m i think

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]In my opinion if Darren Bent is worth £18,000,000 then Ashton is worth far more![/quote]If Darren Bent is worth £18,000,000 then Chris Brown is worth far more!

[quote user="James Maloney"]
If Darren Bent is worth £18,000,000 then Chris Brown is worth far more!
[/quote]

hmmm... I dunno about that. But I like your sarcasm :-)

£15 m

Bent cost 18m.

doubt it with his recent injury record

i would expect a fee to be around 8-11m although i dont even think whu would consider a bid at the moment

£11 mill. He is the best footballer I''ve seen at Carrow road in my opinion. He is very talented player that not only scores goal but creates so many as well. He scored again at the weekend and it won''t belong before he gets his rightful place in england''s starting line-up. In-fact I think Ashton would be perfect for Man City up front. With such a quality strike force they could even get a champions league place.

[quote user="riverender"]maybe the 7m we got for Ashton is the same as the 1m euros we paid for Strihavka. Doncaster never tells the whole story[/quote]When did he tell us we bid 1m for Strihavka?