Sign in to follow this  
Viva La Roeder Revolution!

How much money do you think could be made from the sale of fringe and reserve players in January??

Personally I think we could make around 500k which would boost our kitty to get Taylor and other loanies.

Ryan Jarvis - 100-200k

Gallacher - 200K

Murray  - could we make a bit of money for him even tho we got him on a free? -50-100k?

Brellier - I thought he would have been great obiously my mistake  - 100-200k?

Your thoughts please?!!!

OTBC!

Who''d buy any of them. Unless Peter Grant is given a new managerial post I''d say we''d be luck to off load any of that lot on frees

Very few people remember to factor wages into the equation, either when buying or selling. As we don''t know what the players are on, it''s very hard to do so. But just keep in mind that players sold also free up their wages for the remainder of their contracts.

Re: How much money do you think could be made from the sale of fringe and reserve players in January??

Roughly speaking, an extension to ''Yellows'' and then maybe a complete carpet replacement in the Lounges of the City Stand. Hopefully, and depending if the fringes do something out of the ordinary from now until the January transfer period, I''d certainly expect new furniture and decor in the Top o'' the Terrace......Restyrunt.

Just an assumption, that''s all.[:|]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]£2.47, an old unwrapped sticky boiled sweet with bits of fluff on it, a paperclip and an unused 2nd class stamp..... [/quote]

Blimey Sons, do you think any clubs are willing to risk that much.

I suppose it all boils down to the fact that we''ve no no more family silver to flog off. In the past we used to have a never ending supply of exciting young players coming through from the youth team, they''d get promoted to the first team, perform really well and within a year or two,  along would come the big clubs to take them away for good money. We fans always detested this policy but, with us not getting big enough attendances at games there was an understanding that we had to sell to survive. Now we''re getting superb attendances but losing money each week.

For the last 10 years or so, we haven''t had any good young prospects coming through the ranks to excite us/ be a saleable option. The youth team set up seems to have been going downhill each year.

Glen Roeder, and his new coaching staff are all superb youth coaches so hopefully they can get us back on track. I''m sure they''ll sort it out, it''s what they are good at.

Happy Christmas to everybody, 9 points before the New Year would be "Lovely Jubbly" 

My thoughts are that in some cases people are being somewhat harsh.

Gallacher is a definite sell on, and is likely to go for under £250k either in Jan or at the end of the season.

Murray has struggled for fitness since arriving, and being fair has not been given fair run in the side and was often played either when unfit/ill or out of position. Possibly a very useful squad player if he could get his form back.

Brellier is an odd one as he''s clearly got the ability, but like Murray has seemed to struggle for fitness and a string of niggling little injuries. He really does need to be playing to show his abilities, and being fair, which players ever perform well in the reserves at any club? He''s also suffered from the fact that Rusty was brought in as a very similar type of player, and so far Rusty has had the better luck with injuries and fitness, hence why he''s getting the nod ahead of him.

As for Ry Jarvis, I actually feel quite strongly about this, as whilst I''m as frustrated as the rest of us at his seemingly lacksadaisical approach to the game, especially considering when he looked very promising bursting onto the scene at 16 years old. He has never been given a fair run of games at the club to prove his ability (aside from a minor 8 game stint whilst still 17), and playing as a sub for Kilmarnock is hardly going to make any improvements to his game. What does need to be recognised also is that he''s still only young.

A striker is meant to be in their prime at 29 years old, nearly 8 years away for Jarvo, so why does everyone expect the finished product now? If it wasn''t for the odd few players in recent years who have been coming through very early (Rooney, Fabregas, Agbonlahor), then many wouldn''t be expecting as much from him, but it appears to some fans that if you''ve not managed to get a transfer to a top premiership team before you''ve hit 20, you''re obviously crap.

Look at the players ahead of Jarvis each season he''s been with us, and can you honestly say that you''d have dropped one of them in favour? For example, take the 03/04 season - we had Iwan, Hucks, McKenzie, Svensson, McVeigh and Crouch (admittedly only for 3 months) all vying for the starting places, and it was always going to Iwan and 1 other - not easy to get past players like Svensson and Crouch.

Jarvis has already shown his ability whilst playing for the England U-teams, scoring 8 in 22 games. He''s unlikely to ever be a 20 a season striker, but he could easily be a double figure guy regularly. Play him with the right partner and he could do very well.

In all honesty, the only one of the four mentioned I''d offload would be Gallacher, I think we need players like Murray and Brellier to give us a sensible squad size, bearing in mind that they are decent players when fully match fit. And get Jarvo back from being on-loan, as I think that he''s got the potential, but needs a manager like Roeder to show him some faith and give him some motivation to bring out this potential.