Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Web team - Ruling on Binners on this board - vote here!

Hi Webteam - i''m sure you would agree that it should be down to the board users whether or not we should openly allow binners on here to discuss topics. Obviously you can''t stop people pretending to be city fans but i think that''s a different issue and you''ll always get a bit of that. This is about discussing topics with binners that invariably turn in to slagging matches. And we do enough of this between ourselves as it is.SO, i  propose a user vote to the question:Should we let Ipswich fans use this site?Yes or No?I''ll start us off.... NO. (In principle i don''t mind and i have plenty of debates with my binner friends but on here, it just doesn''t work.)

If fans of rival teams post sensible messages that''s fine by us - you can always ignore them. We do delete junk sometime, but it doesn''t happen too often because, I believe, the approval puts people off (although sometimes nonsense does slip through when we''re not concentrating enough!).

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"]If fans of rival teams post sensible messages that''s fine by us - you can always ignore them. [/quote]That''s not technically true though Vince. If i''m having a discussion with fellow fans and then in jumps a binner, i can''t ignore it, particularly if he/she starts having a dig. At the state of our youth set-up to quote a recent example! Yes, it''s in a state, but it''s like insulting your mum isn''t it!? Only you or your family (fellow fans) are allowed to do that, NO-ONE else!I''m happy to go with the majority and maybe i''m just being petty, but i''d like to see if others feel the same!

I feel secure in myself and am happy to debate with fans of most other Clubs. The only ones who get my back up are those who follow certain monied Clubs who think themselves superior beings but bring it on.

This is a City board for City fans.Much like the Barclay is the City end you don''t expect away fans in there. So emphatically, NO

I don''t care.  Some of them occasionally make sense.  The ones that don''t, I ignore.  Besides, it''s a public forum.  The beauty of free speech is that everyone''s entitled to a say, and I would hate to go against everything our forebears fought for just to prevent me reading the bleatings of a few binmen.

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="Web Team - Vince"]If fans of rival teams post sensible messages that''s fine by us - you can always ignore them. [/quote]That''s not technically true though Vince. If i''m having a discussion with fellow fans and then in jumps a binner, i can''t ignore it, particularly if he/she starts having a dig. At the state of our youth set-up to quote a recent example! Yes, it''s in a state, but it''s like insulting your mum isn''t it!? Only you or your family (fellow fans) are allowed to do that, NO-ONE else!I''m happy to go with the majority and maybe i''m just being petty, but i''d like to see if others feel the same! [/quote]If Ips**t fans want to come on here then it''s a pretty sad indictment of their state of mind as far as I''m concerned. I personally wouldn''t even want to look at an Ips**t board, let alone post on it. If they''re retarded enough to want to come on here and be abused by a legion of Norwich fans, let them go ahead!

I have no objection to fans of other teams - We8wba and happyhammer andy are just fine by me.They post sensible and reasoned posts the majority of the time.CLblue however is just a wind-up merchant and does nothing except gloat over his perceived financial status of his team. Whilst he may be misguided and wrong, it is difficult to ignore him. Whilst I get censored for my view of Evans - he is allowed to call me an idiot unprovoked. slightly unfair i feel.

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"]If fans of rival teams post sensible messages that''s fine by us - you can always ignore them. We do delete junk sometime, but it doesn''t happen too often because, I believe, the approval puts people off (although sometimes nonsense does slip through when we''re not concentrating enough!).

[/quote]

No objection from me Vince. Let''em all come if they like.

Adds a bit more spice to board I think. As long as it doesn''t turn into anything nasty.

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="Web Team - Vince"]If fans of rival teams post sensible messages that''s fine by us - you can always ignore them.

[/quote]

That''s not technically true though Vince. If i''m having a discussion with fellow fans and then in jumps a binner, i can''t ignore it, particularly if he/she starts having a dig. At the state of our youth set-up to quote a recent example! Yes, it''s in a state, but it''s like insulting your mum isn''t it!? Only you or your family (fellow fans) are allowed to do that, NO-ONE else!

I''m happy to go with the majority and maybe i''m just being petty, but i''d like to see if others feel the same!
[/quote]

I empathise with your viewpoint A1 but I don''t support banning posters, no matter what their allegiances. Once that starts, there are all kinds of challenges to where the line should be drawn for assorted reasons, and it''s difficult to imagine that posters that number at least in the hundreds can ever agree to a single set of rules. In any event, in the final analysis, I believe it''s not our in our brief. This is a forum provided to us by others as a free of charge service. Our rights of choice are to use it or not.      

[quote user="a1canary"]Hi Webteam - i''m sure you would agree that it should be down to the board users whether or not we should openly allow binners on here to discuss topics. Obviously you can''t stop people pretending to be city fans but i think that''s a different issue and you''ll always get a bit of that.
This is about discussing topics with binners that invariably turn in to slagging matches. And we do enough of this between ourselves as it is.

SO, i  propose a user vote to the question:

Should we let Ipswich fans use this site?

Yes or No?

I''ll start us off.... NO.

(In principle i don''t mind and i have plenty of debates with my binner friends but on here, it just doesn''t work.)
[/quote]

It doesn''t matter who posts here. If it''s libellous, it''ll get banned. If it''s nonsense, no one will answer it.

We''re all grown-ups - let''s not start unnecessary censoring.

I am a Bradford City Season Ticket Holder - but I would like to stay on this board. I first enjoyed the Canaries when I heard the fans chanting Iwans name. I could n''t believe their hero was a toothless Welshman. But I then could not help following Norwich and then found this website to keep up with all the news about the interesting Doncaster and the wonderful Worthington.

So much so that Iwan beacame one of my heroes and for a laugh, I named my son "Iwan Robert James"... after a toothles Welsh hero indeed.  

I am all for anyone posting on here, whoever they support. I can take a bit of banter from the scummers etc. Why not? It''s only football after all. Why should we ban them or act so high and mighty as if we are the only supporters who matter? Isn''t that a tiny bit arrogant?

I enjoy Happyhammerandy''s posts, and We8 from Wolves and Cam from Colchester. Have we anymore at the mo?

PinkUn mods: Please don''t ban them. As to their posts leading to slanging matches. I think us as City fans can all say we have been guilty of that ourselves to each other.

Why do so few people read posts properly - not even the post title! I was talking about IPSWICH fans, not happyhammer, w8, cam etc. Viewpoints from other fans are welcome, even binners on occasion. But there''s a binner on here at the moment who is winding people up and taking advantage of the general good grace on this board.However, it seems the general concensus is not to stop binners posting, so i''ll go along with that. Just wanted to know what people thought.

[quote user="a1canary"]Why do so few people read posts properly - not even the post title! I was talking about IPSWICH fans, not happyhammer, w8, cam etc. Viewpoints from other fans are welcome, even binners on occasion. But there''s a binner on here at the moment who is winding people up and taking advantage of the general good grace on this board.

However, it seems the general concensus is not to stop binners posting, so i''ll go along with that. Just wanted to know what people thought.[/quote] A1 - I think most of us can read, and speaking for myself, I was replying to all the posts above me. As to your concerns, I think just as much banter/abuse is hurled around between City fans as the same between City fans and those from Ipswich. They don''t bother me. Where should censorship stop? Banning everyone who doesn''t like certain players, the board? The mods do a good job keeping the board at a healthy level of debate. After all, everything on here is just opinion. It''s a messageboard. I have been on other fan sites and have been welcomed on there. If you treat others with respect you are likely to receive the same courtesy.

Are we the league of gentleman - a local board for local people???  Surely that plays to the little norwich image so hated by the board detractors?

Its the same as with the city posters - there are ones you agree with and ones you dont,  and trolls on the wind up.  

Surely its a Norwich City based football discussion forum,  not a football forum just for norwich city fans?

If the city contributors could match the likes of HappyHammer,  we8wba and camuldonum the quality of discussion would be second to none.  The more of them we have the better. 

ClBlue, the living proof that all men are certainly not equal, a man so far removed from reality he has an imaginary friend called Trevor,  enjoys connecting 9V batteries to his fillings and prefers the company of small rodents. 

None the less the less reading this berks postings are great comedy and are a joy to behold and are to be encouraged, let’s do a CLBlue  in celebration of his intelligent and insightful contributions

“I want to owe lots of money to somebody else because that way we are better off, don’t care about the last time my club borrowed lots of money they couldn’t afford and the greater consequences to the community in general.  What is more I want lots more money thrown at the club by way of a new share issue that renders all the other shareholders holdings worthless so I can delude myself that somebody who borrows a million is a millionaire  and we can compete with Chelsea.   The mark of any big club is to regularly get under 20,000 and I am delighted to be part of such a massive and well run club”

CLBlue represents a great opportunity to relive the days of yore when local ner-do-well’s were tied into the stocks and had rotten fruit and eggs thrown at them, let this proud tradition continue.

No folks this delusional cretin is to be actively encouraged but I’m not so sure about this W8WBA, what on earth does he bother for, get rid of him

[quote user="Bury Green"]

ClBlue, the living proof that all men are certainly not equal, a man so far removed from reality he has an imaginary friend called Trevor,  enjoys connecting 9V batteries to his fillings and prefers the company of small rodents. 

None the less the less reading this berks postings are great comedy and are a joy to behold and are to be encouraged, let’s do a CLBlue  in celebration of his intelligent and insightful contributions

“I want to owe lots of money to somebody else because that way we are better off, don’t care about the last time my club borrowed lots of money they couldn’t afford and the greater consequences to the community in general.  What is more I want lots more money thrown at the club by way of a new share issue that renders all the other shareholders holdings worthless so I can delude myself that somebody who borrows a million is a millionaire  and we can compete with Chelsea.   The mark of any big club is to regularly get under 20,000 and I am delighted to be part of such a massive and well run club”

CLBlue represents a great opportunity to relive the days of yore when local ner-do-well’s were tied into the stocks and had rotten fruit and eggs thrown at them, let this proud tradition continue.

No folks this delusional cretin is to be actively encouraged but I’m not so sure about this W8WBA, what on earth does he bother for, get rid of him

[/quote]

I''m afraid that we are going to have to agree to disagree on matters, I know numerous Town supporters all of whom like myself are shareholders and Well paid professional people, we are all delighted with the deal we have, it''s a totally win-win scenario, as our less successful rivals you will always be bitter and negative towards anything positive that happens to ITFC much as many of ours would be negative if a similar deal happened to NCFC! It''s called rivalry! I have had all the assurances I feel that I need regarding our deal and now look forward to a more stable time ahead! No one knows exactly how things will pan out, but we have spent five years completely off the footballing radar competing with stupid little teams, the time has now come for us to regain our premiership place which is where we should be!

Of couse we should allow other supporters on the board, even Ipswich ones.

The point of this board is to discuss all things NCFC and having an outsiders viewpoint of our club is a perspective we can''t provide for ourselves. It broadens the debate and gives us the chance to have a pop back when given the chance. Its more entertaining than listening to Smudger rant on endlessly about his one topic and long may it continue.

The issue for me is not whether a poster supports this club its whether they are a troll or not. If an Ipswich supporter comes on here to enter healthy debate about the comparative situations at the two clubs- great. likewise fans of other clubs.

What is distasteful is anyone being abusive and just trying to cause trouble or be offensive. That won''t depend on who they support. In fact, if a Norwich fan came on here and something like:

99.9% of City fans are spineless fools

[City fans are] a band of mindless morons

[City fans are a] nacy [sic.] boy bra waving army

or calling a poster a yank fool

that would be trolling at its worst. Hang on though, that''s already happened (although I''m not sure it came from a fan) and it all got accepted (in just one thread as well)

So, moderators, why ban Ipswich supporters when you have this sort of contsructive material (!!) which you are seemingly happy to let through..........

I rarely post on here, in fact my posting on all NCFC message boards has curbed over the last couple of years I have been at University. Hence usually I just skim through and read people''s opinions etc.

Therefore the fact that I have had to post on this shows my frustration at the claim by the first poster. I think it is utterly ridiculous to claim that it is right to ban a fan from another team, ok they may be Ipswich fans, just because of that. You claim it is irrelevant to the other fans on this board, but it is not, it is just the fact that we see Ipswich as our rival.

Surely friendly banter or debate with the ''other side'' should be encouraged on a public forum such as this. If we just had the moronic views of some of the fans on this board (not that I am claiming anyone in this post to be) I suggest that it would be just as bad, if not worse. It seems to me fair if someone is giving unjustified abuse or simply playing the fool then yes remove them from the system, but removing them for the fact that you don''t like who they represent is ridiculous.

Consequently my view is a resounding yes, let Ipswich fans on here, but if they overstep the mark, like any fan be they Norwich or not, ban them.

I don''t mind a few binners coming on here, they add a bit of friction to the debate. After all, when they do speak out of turn we outnumber them by about 500 to 1, so the Norwich City viewpoint should prevail every time (rightly or wrongly).

[quote user="a1canary"]Hi Webteam - i''m sure you would agree that it should be down to the board users whether or not we should openly allow binners on here to discuss topics. Obviously you can''t stop people pretending to be city fans but i think that''s a different issue and you''ll always get a bit of that.
This is about discussing topics with binners that invariably turn in to slagging matches. And we do enough of this between ourselves as it is.

SO, i  propose a user vote to the question:

Should we let Ipswich fans use this site?

Yes or No?

I''ll start us off.... NO.

(In principle i don''t mind and i have plenty of debates with my binner friends but on here, it just doesn''t work.)
[/quote]

Maybe you shoud run for Goverment and stop foreigners moving here aswell

[quote user="clblue"][quote user="Bury Green"]

[/quote]

I''m afraid that we are going to have to agree to disagree on matters, I know numerous Town supporters all of whom like myself are shareholders and Well paid professional people, we are all delighted with the deal we have, it''s a totally win-win scenario, as our less successful rivals you will always be bitter and negative towards anything positive that happens to ITFC much as many of ours would be negative if a similar deal happened to NCFC! It''s called rivalry! I have had all the assurances I feel that I need regarding our deal and now look forward to a more stable time ahead! No one knows exactly how things will pan out, but we have spent five years completely off the footballing radar competing with stupid little teams, the time has now come for us to regain our premiership place which is where we should be!

[/quote]

Quod erat  demonstratum

Your delusion knows no limit unlike your use of the English language, given its chronic paucity I’m guessing you don’t charge much for which ever service it is you offer.  Hold on a minute, given its Ipswich we are talking about I think I might have  an idea what this service might be, you naughty boy.

I know numerous Town supporters all of whom like myself are shareholders and Well paid professional people

Tell me, you seem to believe that if you repeat something often enough it becomes the truth. Unsurprisingly I also know a number of Ipswich Town share holders who are anything but happy with this deal and are deeply concerned that Sheepshanks was so desperate to have his directors guarantees removed after your administration he took the only offer available to him and whilst it might well be in his best  interests it certainly isn’t in the best long term interests of the club.

[quote user="Bury Green"][quote user="clblue"][quote user="Bury Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Quod erat  demonstratum

Your delusion knows no limit unlike your use of the English language, given its chronic paucity I’m guessing you don’t charge much for which ever service it is you offer.  Hold on a minute, given its Ipswich we are talking about I think I might have  an idea what this service might be, you naughty boy.

I know numerous Town supporters all of whom like myself are shareholders and Well paid professional people

Tell me, you seem to believe that if you repeat something often enough it becomes the truth. Unsurprisingly I also know a number of Ipswich Town share holders who are anything but happy with this deal and are deeply concerned that Sheepshanks was so desperate to have his directors guarantees removed after your administration he took the only offer available to him and whilst it might well be in his best  interests it certainly isn’t in the best long term interests of the club.

[/quote]

As I said we will agree to disagree, the deal got unanimous backing from shareholders both large and small, I think I will go along with the MAJORITY rather than  listen to the deluded ramblings of a bitter rival supporter who''s judgment is clearly clouded by both his hatred for all things ITFC and his own clubs major shortfalls!

[quote user="Bury Green"][quote user="clblue"][quote user="Bury Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Quod erat  demonstratum

[/quote]

Bury...Loving your work. As a Bury former inhabitant and current employee I can relate to your dislike for the blue tainted gene pool down the road.

CLBlue...had enough yet? Throw in the towel. We all know that your professional shirt and tie is in fact N.C.P car park issue.