Sign in to follow this  
Crispy

QPR have even MORE cash now!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/q/qpr/7154202.stmHmmmmm looks like QPR could buy themselves out of th relegation battle making our job a bit harder ! I know buying doesn''t guarentee sucess but at this level you have to be extremely stupid to spend a few million on players  and get relegated from the championsip!hmmmmmmmm what are your thoughts ?.....

Now i''m not one to come on here and have a go at the board but again another example of there people people out there who want to and will invest in Championship clubs!!I wouldn''t get so annoyed about it if i actually thought Delia and Co were proactively looking for fresh investment but it''s all quiet at their end!!!http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/q/qpr/7154202.stm

No. Any investment from people outside of the area is clearly risky and not one worth taking..

I could name 5 clubs who have suffered from foreign investment such as...

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"]Now i''m not one to come on here and have a go at the board but again another example of there people people out there who want to and will invest in Championship clubs!!

I wouldn''t get so annoyed about it if i actually thought Delia and Co were proactively looking for fresh investment but it''s all quiet at their end!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/q/qpr/7154202.stm
[/quote]

Since the Turners have turned up the rest of the board have very much relaxed on the idea of seeking investment IMO. To them they''ve found people with lots of money and don''t need to look for anyone else. Trouble is these newly appointed board members (Turners) are worth alot of money but don''t have access to most of it (all locked up in Central Trust).

We can only wait until January and see if they do have some real ideas for NCFC afterall. Likelyhood is the "loan" will be cancelled before we''d see anymore proper money. Why would they give us (not loan us) another £1-2m when they have a loan outstanding as it is? May just as well cancel the loan and say "We''ve cancelled your loan, thats ya lot for january".

[quote user="Crispy"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/q/qpr/7154202.stmHmmmmm looks like QPR could buy themselves out of th relegation battle making our job a bit harder ! I know buying doesn''t guarentee sucess but at this level you have to be extremely stupid to spend a few million on players  and get relegated from the championsip!hmmmmmmmm what are your thoughts ?.....[/quote]Maybe it will mean they can go after, oo, i don''t know, Ricardo Carvalho, rather than our Tiny!

There are often deeper reasons for these supposed investments, much more to do with the land value than any silly idea of a generous benefactor wishing well on some club they''ve never had any contact or interest in before.Shame on those who are too dim to see through this stuff.

[quote user="NegativeVibes"]

No. Any investment from people outside of the area is clearly risky and not one worth taking..

[/quote]

You''ll be happy when we are playing in the Anglian Combination then, will you?

If it''s a choice between being owned by Delia and co and staying on the same rocky road we''ve been on for the last few years risking relegation to league 1 or being taken over by a foreign owner and being able to compete again it would be the foreign owner every time for me. Obviously it would be even better if we could find a wealthy benefactor closer to home but the chances of that happening are far more remote and we need some significant funds from somewhere, beggars can''t be choosers.

I don''t mind investment outside Norfolk of course, although whoever we get needs to have very good intentions.

I''m concerned about just taking any old eccentric millionaire simply because they''re rich. Its got to be said that although Delia and Co probably aren''t doing enough to seek investment I do agree with their stance of not selling up to the first person to offer money. Get the wrong person in and we could end up with no club at all in no time at all (And yes I know this could still happen with our current setup but still).

Its risky which ever way you go - Stick with the current board who have no money or ideas or sell to a rich benefactor who wants to simply asset strip and sell of the land asap.

I totally agree there is probally a deeper reason for them buying the club and in the long term it will probally screw the club over. But in the short term (ie. this season) it affects us if they manage to bring in players of quality and stay up because it means our clubs job of staying in this league is harder due to there buying power. London club with money, or Norwich city........... Most players would choose QPR.

Nobody knows exactly why these guys are investing, but it looks like QPR is now a rich man''s play thing like Chelsea and Fulham. Now I love Norfolk to bits, but I think perhaps you can see why these investors are chosing clubs in West London rather than our lovely corner of the world? I doubt these guys are after assett stripping (when your dad is woth 50Bn why bother?) so this will be an exciting ride for the QPR fans. The only danger is, like Chelsea and Fulham, what happens when the owner gets board and wants a new play thing.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="NegativeVibes"]

[/quote]

You''ll be happy when we are playing in the Anglian Combination then, will you?

[/quote]

Lol. I was being sarcastic.

But at least in the Anglian Combination we will be the most ambitious club!

the problem is Delia is a cook, and the Turners in all honesty are some pretty well off locals. QPR have the biggest (but smallest) man in one of the most exclusive sports in the world, along with another main man in the sport.

Now lets imagine we look in the Turners and Delias contacts books, and then do the same for Eccleston and Briattori. We can all assume that the latters would be rather larger and more exclusive. Im not really sure why they''re investing so heavily in QPR, there are clubs out there that would seem to have more potential, but they have it now and there aint a lot we can do about it.

concerning your future investement it is to risky to have a unknown person in charge as you dont know there motives, you should look to get a person looking for new challenge i;e mandaric, maybe madjeski (yes a w*nker but wealthy bloke) who looking to leave reading

as to qpr it is obviosly the most attractive area to buy out a team

as to there buys money doesnt garunteee anything proof wolves non promotion in the 90s but it looks similar to whu last year at this stage, in relegation zone, probs with current players and small squad and bang several high key signings and theyll finish above relegation zone

[quote user="City1st"]There are often deeper reasons for these supposed investments, much more to do with the land value than any silly idea of a generous benefactor wishing well on some club they''ve never had any contact or interest in before.Shame on those who are too dim to see through this stuff.[/quote]and an example of this is......................

I think if it was a choice between QPR with loads of money and Norwich City with loads of money, most players will still choose QPR! Infact, I''m pretty certain if it was a choice between QPR and Norwich City with loads of money, some players would still choose QPR!

There is bound to be an ulterior motive to this massive investment. Of course, it may well improve QPR''s standing and fortunes over the next few years, but that can only add value to the club which will make its investors smile all the more-as the saying goes, "they didn''t get where they are today" without knowing where to put their money.

As regards the land development thing, QPR is very near to the BBC and the BBC site in London will shortly be sold off and vacated (I say "shortly"-in the next 5 years I think) as the BBC are intent on moving themselves up to Manchester. That will result in a very large amount of brownfield land, ready for development, near to the football ground, maybe the two go together, who knows?

QPR could ultimately cash up and build a new ground on the outskirts of West London, that might see their investors sitting on a nice little asset to sell on. Of course, alternately, they could all love football and be lifelong QPR fans and are in it purely for the good of the club, you never know!

And, as a final thought-if they do end up with trillions of pounds to spend in transfers and wages, they might set their sites higher than Martin Taylor!

[quote user="Crispy"]I totally agree there is probally a deeper reason for them buying the club and in the long term it will probally screw the club over.
[/quote]

I doubt it, this guy is the 5th richest chap in the world - why would he want to screw over QPR football club??  More likely he is chummy with Bernie Ecclestone and has been asked to help out in Bernie''s latest fad.

Oh the bitterness!

QPR are going to be rich mens toys. As such they won''t asset strip (they don''t need to) or move the ground (how are they going to to get Supermodels to the wilds of the outskirts) but they probably will invest enough in the team to rival Fulham at the bottom end of the Prem.

That is just the way it goes.

QPR may have vast sums at their disposal now, but their Itallian Coach after initial success is now struggling, I am sure they will spend big or rather pay big but this will not neccesarily improve their team in the short term.  As for selling loftus Rd and moving to a new ground in West London where prices are exhorbitant may not be so straightforward or meet with the approval of Rangers supporters.  As for Premier football at QPR this not viable at Loftus Rd (too small) and long term success I believe unlikely and QPR most likely to be relegation fodder this term.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

As regards the land development thing, QPR is very near to the BBC and the BBC site in London will shortly be sold off and vacated (I say "shortly"-in the next 5 years I think) as the BBC are intent on moving themselves up to Manchester. That will result in a very large amount of brownfield land, ready for development, near to the football ground, maybe the two go together, who knows?

QPR could ultimately cash up and build a new ground on the outskirts of West London, that might see their investors sitting on a nice little asset to sell on. Of course, alternately, they could all love football and be lifelong QPR fans and are in it purely for the good of the club, you never know!

[/quote]

I thought it was only part of the BBC operations that were moving to sunny Manchester.

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"][quote user="City1st"]There are often deeper reasons for these supposed investments, much more to do with the land value than any silly idea of a generous benefactor wishing well on some club they''ve never had any contact or interest in before.Shame on those who are too dim to see through this stuff.[/quote]and an example of this is......................[/quote]NCFC Faithfull - the best example of this is Wimbledon. Hammam sold their ground to Safeway (for GBP 8m) and then sold the club to a couple of Norwegians. Their plan was to relocate the club to Dublin, to create an Irish English Premiership ''franchise''. They failed in this, the Irish FA wouldn''t grant permission, but the English FA did allow them to move to Milton Keynes where the Norwegians hoped they could create a smaller MK ''franchise''. Wimbledon FC no longer exists, most of the fans now follow Wimbledon AFC in the Ryman League Premier. MK Dons, the club formed out of Wimbledon in Milton Keynes, are currently top of League 2. Hammam is believed to have made GBP36m out of Wimbledon altogether.Unbelievably, he was allowed to invest in Cardiff, where he hired Peter Ridsdale as Chairman (remember him from Leeds?). Hammam is no longer there, it is owned by a hedge fund (who are trying to do a land deal with the current stadium and with the local council to make a profit). Whilst he was there, he got the club to borrow 24m from ''unknown sources''. These ''sources'' are fronted by a Swiss bank, nobody can find out who is behind it. Can you guess who it is rumoured to be? As the club lost 9m in one financial year, he paid himeself nearly 1m in ''management fees''. He also publickly leant over 1.5m in a short term loan to the club with an interest rate 6% over the base rate.There are many, many more examples of this sort of thing.