Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Most Foolish Quotes of The Year - 2007

I''ll start:

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: We don''t have homosexuals in Iran

Manchester City owner, Thaksin Shinawatra:  Sven-Goran Eriksson has a job for life

a BBC pundit - can''t remember whom - on Craig Gordon being dropped after letting in 7 the previous week..."Roy Keane is ringing the changes and after last week''s display, Gordon has been fingered and dropped..."

"It really p****d me off that a team-mate should poke

his nose in and say I need to think more about the team - especially

when it''s him who needs to think more about the group! We have the guy

considered the best in the world but Samuel Eto''o is also the best in

the world. I know he''s slagging me off but he should have the b******s

to say things to my face instead of stabbing me in the back." Barcelona

striker Samuel Eto''o after Frank Rijkaard claimed he refused to come on

as a sub against Racing Santander and was backed by Ronaldinho.

"People think that there is a time bomb in the dressing

room, but that isn''t true. Rijkaard has got the team under control.

Samuel Eto''o has a good relationship with the rest of the group and the

atmosphere is good" Barcelona captain Carlos Puyol approximately two minutes later

"I''m like a badger at the start of the pairing-up season."Plymouth manager Ian Holloway on reaching the FA Cup quarter-finals."Hopefully Gary Cahill will be in my stocking on Christmas morning."Sheffield

United''s Matt Kilgallon reveals his desire to make Cahill''s move to

Bramall Lane permanent, and what massive stockings he has.
"Playing Joe Perry is about as easy as getting Marmite off the bedsheet when you''ve had it on toast the night before." Steve Davis at Snooker''s UK Championship. "It''s not often you see a referee with two red balls in his hand, Willie." Dennis Taylor to Willie Thorne commentating on Murphy v Maguire in the UK Snooker Championships.Richard Keys: "Well, Harry, do you think that you''ll have to finish above Manchester United to win the league?

Harry Redknapp:
"You have to finish above everyone to win the league, Richard."
Most genius announcement of the year goes to... "There is no smoking at Layer Road - not even round the

back of the stands. Anyone caught smoking will be taken to the top of

one of the floodlights and dangled there until the next home match." Colchester''s announcer takes a softer line on smokers against Norwich than previously - Previous threats have included electrocution and being foced to listen to Will Young apparently!!
"He has won an Olympic silver medal so you can''t do better than that."Graham Earl talking to 5 Live about Amir Khan."The Italians aren''t the youngest side and may not be able to keep it up for 90 minutes." Pat Nevin during AC Milan v Celtic."We cannot fail to win - even if we face 13 players."Russia striker Aleksandr Kerzhakov wins the ''me and my big mouth'' award for his comments ahead of the Israel game."Having one shot in 90 minutes isn''t good, especially when that''s in the 93rd minute." Curo following the Plymouth away game."We''ll never play you again." Arsenal fans to their Reading counterparts when winning at Madejski stadium.

"You *******said that last year!"Reading fans reply.

"Derby will stay up" - Smudger

"when Norwich go down at the end of the season, club permitting i will go naked onto the pitch at carrow road and eat my clothes" - Smudger prior to the back to back luton and barnsley away wins (or something to that affect)

"we will meet 6.30 at the murderers" smudger when arranging his revolution.

actually everything smudger has said

bryan robson after sheffutd home defeat to stoke the other week said

"we were the better side until they scored"

problem was stokes goal was 43secs in to the game