Sign in to follow this  
Bobert

Barry Skipper

Mr Carrow wrote on another thread:

"I think Barry Skipper had more to do with it than me Nutty. Did you speak to him at the AGM or were you at the back trying your hardest not to rock the boat? He`s not a happy bunny at all apparently, so that`s one more the board has managed to alienate"

Barry Skipper was moved out pretty smartish by Deliah when the Turners appeared on the scene in fact his shares were transfered to them leaving me to doubt if he ever truly owned them but held them as a nominee for Deliah. Barry had a self admitted desire the be the Club Chairman and was more than a little put out when Deliah handed the position to Roger Munby.

Over the years he courted the Shareholders Association Meetings offering himself as a conduit to the Board when Deliah and her husband were not even invited to attend. The majority of the shares not available to Deliah are owned by the members of the Shareholders Association and they are are probabley in a position to block and takeover of the club should they act together. It is hard to believe that Barry would have sold his shares willingly in the circumstances.

I too have heard that Barry has been giving his "true" version of why he "resigned", "retired" or whatever from the Board. so "lets be ''avin'' you" Barry and let us all know. It might provide us with a bit more insight as to why the Tiny Loan Deal and transfer did not go through.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Barry Skipper is not popular on here Bobert.....

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/636728/ShowPost.aspx

But then again maybe he is bad boy turned good all of a sudden....

[/quote]

Very good nutster......I also remember when Gazza Doherty was player of the season. George Best was sober. Iwan Roberts was overweight and unpopular. Wee Paul McVeigh was the darlin'' of the Barclay. Nigel Worthington was, err - Nigel Worthington. Delia was the supreme saviour - and Neil Doncaster was a footstool for Gordon Bennett.......Oh, and Skipper was the cabin boy......and England won the World Cup.

Go get your personal JCB nutster......and dig up a few more......use the large bucket......and dig deep.[|-)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Very good nutster......I also remember when Gazza Doherty was player of the season. George Best was sober. Iwan Roberts was overweight and unpopular. Wee Paul McVeigh was the darlin'' of the Barclay. Nigel Worthington was, err - Nigel Worthington. Delia was the supreme saviour - and Neil Doncaster was a footstool for Gordon Bennett.......Oh, and Skipper was the cabin boy......and England won the World Cup.

Go get your personal JCB nutster......and dig up a few more......use the large bucket......and dig deep.[|-)]

[/quote]

Well alright moody! [:P]

I was just sayin'' !!

Now I didn''t know much about Barry Skipper except what I have read on here which is why I was surprised by his sudden popularity of late. I also know nothing about Michael Foulger so I used the biggest bucket I could find and dug as deep as it would go and it seems nobody else does either. But, as Babes points out to me ''there''s a hole in my bucket'' so maybe it''s true that board members should remain anonymous [:|]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]bobert i think you must have too much time on your hands, how long did it take you to come up with that rubbish conspiracy?[/quote]

Well it is true that I have time on my hands confined to the house with the seasonal cough and cold and flem which don''t usually affect me but I do not write lightly and I heard that Barry Skipper had been telling his version of the resignation within a fortnight of him leaving the Board.

The blank signed transfer form for shares kept in the Board Room Safe is commom practice with Public Ltd Companies and I remember being required to sign one myself when I came to work for one of Norfolk''s biggest some years ago. I have also advertised for NCFC shares in the EDP within the last 12 months and not received a single reply. If none of the NCFC shareholders want to sell their shares why should Barry Skipper be different.

The NCFC Shareholders Association was formed in the days when Jimmy Jones was trying to mount a take over for the club and although the officers have changed since those days they are, as a group, generally out of favour with the Board and remain the strongest immediate opposition should they choose to use their power together.

It is well known that Deliah has put a million pound value on a directorship in NCFC and if Barry could not, or would not , match the Turners valuation Deliah would have no further use for him on the Board especially if he chose to oppose her on certain matters. He was very useful with his business knowledge when it came to land wheeling and dealing but that era has come to an end and the Turners have a business knowledge at least equal to that of Barry Skipper.

If we could gleen the reason for Skipper''s resignation we might come up with the reason why the Turners seem reluctant to put more money into the club and why there never seems to be any money in the transfer pot.

I believe that the club''s constitution states that board members have to step down at 65, and Skipper was approaching this age. I also believe that Delia and MWJ were instrumental in finding his replacements ie the Turners, but I don''t really know. I don''t know if Skipper was put out or not when Munby got the chairman job, but the board voted on it, it wasn''t Delia''s just to give away. So no need for conspiracy theories, Skipper had to go anyway.