Sign in to follow this  
Red Canary

Best away support in the league!!!

Sorry dont want to seem "up Norwich" and all that BUT...

We do have the best away support in the league.

I mean last season he had the likes of Leeds and Sunderland who would bring a decent number of fans but i dont see many away fans at Carrow Rd, in comparison to the support we take away! Maybe the introduction of so many Tuesday night games is the problem.

So what i want is a good honest debate with as many different teams fans as possible? Please make your case for your fans!

This means i''m inviting the controversial WE8WBA to air his/hers views and the binners ....!!!

(And this does have a bet riding on the outcome so please come on guys say we are the best!!!)

haha would i ever disagree hehe

i can only comment on my experiences of norwich coming to molineux as obviosuly i dont see your crowd away etc...

the only time i remember in the last 5-10yrs which i can remember norwich would be playoff semis which is to be expected

this year you didnt fill you allocation, you didnt sing that much

i wont critise you to much as you were doing poor and god lets face it you didnt have much to sing about that day

im not saying my team is the best away support in league either

i would say best away would go to sheffweds and bristol c in my opinion, as they sell out their allocation every week, always make alot of noise away regardless i always see and their teams arent meant to be the most promosing this season so its not like they got easy option when they are top etc.. to pop and support the team

at carrow road i would put you top 3 for home support in our league easily

away you just seem like most away supports in wolves, saints, wba, charlton. take big numbers to big games, always have hardcore regularls, sing often but are nout special

There''s a good reason City fans don''t go to Wolves. It is a shithole populated by a large number of morons stuck in some 1970''s timewarp.You''ve only to read the illiterate and inane ramblings of the Wolves fan on here to get some picture of what attractions that part of the black country holds.It should also be born in mind that much of City''s away support is ex pats living locally rather than Norfolk based fans.Vocal support also has the downside of having to put up with power mad stewards, most noticably at Plymouth where some cretin spent most of the second half clambering over the seats to tell one City fan to sit down - whilst the home fans were stood up continously.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

The best fans go to Scunthorpe [:D]

Anyway, must call it a night - early start tomorrow for the drive up North...

[/quote]

Our home support has been poor this season, but I believe we must have the biggest away support in the league, over 3,000 to Charlton (The only team to sell out the away end all season, including london teams), 2,500 to Watford, 1200 to Bristol on a tuesday night, 1500 to Cardiff for a noon kick off, 1100 to Hull fdor a noon kick off, 1,000 to Plymouth (compared with Norwich 550), 2,500 to Qpr etc etc, no side apart from COl who has brought over 2,000 to the Fortress this season!

I wouldn''t say we have the best away support, for me Sheff Wed would probably be among the best, travel in decent numbers and make plenty of noise even if it is the same annoying song they sing. We are probably in the top 6 which is quite good considering the mileage that has to be covered to get to most away games.

agreed kdncfc,

as to the moron above, i was saying anything about wolverhampton etc.. just going on about when i witness your support

end of day wolves play away in cardiff, luton, millwall wherever aslong i can go i will go regardless of it being sh*t holes or not

thats what make real loyal fans from home supporters in my opinion, its easy to say we got man utd in cup il go there, its something else when you come to grounds like cardiff

as to wolverhampton, i admit its not the best place in uk, but im sure its in the top 12grounds in our league, so to have a dig is not very sensible

Wolves have always taken good away support with them, so have wednesday. But I''d probably say not only are we one of the best away supported teams in the cc but also in the whole country. We took the most fans to quite a few games when we were in the prem; boro and portsmouth spring to mind (both were around christmas too). We took the most to fulham and bolton which again was a good acheivement. Although travelling to away games is beyond my capabilities at this time, when I do get a chance I''ll go because it''s a great time supporting our club around such friendly people. We make ourselves stand out by our away fans not being thugs, not saying all other teams away support are though.

i know you went down in prem but was your 1st time in top flight for while i know

my point is,

its easy to support your team near top of league or in top flight, i look at the fans near bottom who continously support there team

as i said i would put norwich in bracket with likes wba, wolves, saints etc...

but top two in league clearly sheff weds and bristol c

did you lot see how many bristol took to plymouth? they sold 4k tickets, now thats impressive in our league for average game

[quote user="we8wba"]

i know you went down in prem but was your 1st time in top flight for while i know

my point is,

its easy to support your team near top of league or in top flight, i look at the fans near bottom who continously support there team

as i said i would put norwich in bracket with likes wba, wolves, saints etc...

but top two in league clearly sheff weds and bristol c

did you lot see how many bristol took to plymouth? they sold 4k tickets, now thats impressive in our league for average game

[/quote]Yes they sold around 4k but remember that''s the equilivilent to them of a London match to us, if not greater as there are fewer. Bristol city didn''t take a lot of fans to carrow road even though they were on a good run. In my opinion our away support is and always has been greater than wba and saints and probably wolves. Sheff. wed. is the only team in this league that I feel has as equally good away support compared to us. I mean you say that the prem was the first time in a while for us, well the same would apply to bristol city, but I think that''s regardless the point. The average away travel for norwich fans is one of the longest in the league and yet we still bring the greatest numbers, to me that warrants us to be label the best (if not, one of the best) away supported clubs in the league.

[quote user="City1st"]There''s a good reason City fans don''t go to Wolves. It is a shithole populated by a large number of morons stuck in some 1970''s timewarp.

You''ve only to read the illiterate and inane ramblings of the Wolves fan on here to get some picture of what attractions that part of the black country holds.

It should also be born in mind that much of City''s away support is ex pats living locally rather than Norfolk based fans.

Vocal support also has the downside of having to put up with power mad stewards, most noticably at Plymouth where some cretin spent most of the second half clambering over the seats to tell one City fan to sit down - whilst the home fans were stood up continously.

[/quote]

Blimey, if anyone ever wanted to see a classic example of a keyboard warrior.......[:|]

We have good numbers but volume is not so good. On the Ball city is a good song when sung heartily by thousands, but when sung by a few its a terrible sound. I would say Wednesday are top, with us in the top six with others like WBA, Bristol etc. But considering our success, or lack of it, probably equivalent to 2nd.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="City1st"]There''s a good reason City fans don''t go to Wolves. It is a shithole populated by a large number of morons stuck in some 1970''s timewarp.

You''ve only to read the illiterate and inane ramblings of the Wolves fan on here to get some picture of what attractions that part of the black country holds.

It should also be born in mind that much of City''s away support is ex pats living locally rather than Norfolk based fans.

Vocal support also has the downside of having to put up with power mad stewards, most noticably at Plymouth where some cretin spent most of the second half clambering over the seats to tell one City fan to sit down - whilst the home fans were stood up continously.

[/quote]

Blimey, if anyone ever wanted to see a classic example of a keyboard warrior.......[:|]

[/quote]

You took the words out of my mouth Carrow. I think City 1st should try crawling out of his backside.