Sign in to follow this  
Canary Wanderer

The Interesting league we are in

I keep doing some maths seeing where we are where we could be. Looking at other teams recent performances and I think it is going to be a very interesting 2nd half of the Season.

For Example

QPR - Almost at the bottom - Now reported to be one of the wealthiest Clubs in England.

Crystal Palace - Under our old friend Neil Warnock unbeaten in the last 6 - Starting to climb the table steadily.

Ourselves - New needed guidance under Glen 5 wins out of 7. A new centre half (Tiny) and probably striker (Zamora or Riordan for me) could we hold this form and make playoffs ?

Watford - Starting to lose their way can Boothroyd keep them on track ?

Stoke City - Fantastic last 6 games have they got the squad and stamina to make it ?

Bristol City - Newly promoted can they make it up in the first season ?

Anyway my prediction - Automatic - WBA & Palace

Play Offs - Bristol, Stoke, Ipswich (unfortunately) and either wait for it - Watford, QPR or Norwich.

What are other peoples thoughts ? Come on you yellows and lets beat Ipswich in the final of the Play Offs - Happy days

whats so good in this league is any one can beat anyone on their day and it happens more often than not, there no easy teams to play now adays, there no one at the bottom who screams out as down n out i.e wimbledon, walsall, crewe etc...

as to your predictions norwich need top 2 form to reach playoff, not impossible but hard job as to palace top two no chance

as to playoffs only one i fancy is stoke for sure

i think wolves, charlton, sheffutd got way to much for likes of qpr, ipswich at the moment in the long run. remember the 3 i mentioned still spending big in january, hence wolves started it off with 2.5m bid for ledley yesterday

This is the most "interesting" league for ages. - At the half way stage only 21 points separate the leaders from the bottom club - at this point last year there were 36 points between Birmingham and Leeds.

Having said that there are a couple of gaps - three points separate Blackpool in 17th and Coventry in 16th and there is a 9 point stretch between 1st and 7th.

Crucially though only 10 points separate 7th and 21st - Game On!!!

Now will people please stop bleating about the Premiership being the best league in the world! The Championship is more open and competitive than any other in the world. 

With the league headed by a club which, apart from Michael Ancram and Elton John''s passive support are relatively poor and propped up by the new "richest club in the world" its going to be a rollercoaster ride to the finish!

It will be interesting, and with everyone beating everyone i reckon 70 points would be enough to make the play offs. There wont be that many points (15-20?) between 6th and 22nd. I think we''ll have something to play for somehow in april thats for sure.

[quote user=" Desi Rascall"]the way watford have imploded is quite spectacular, anyone know whats going on there?[/quote]

I don''t really know anything inparticular but looking from an outside position, theres 2 points of note why they have stuttered

1) Jay Demerit - The tall centre-back in my opinion is one of the best centre-backs in this division, extremely underated and has come on leaps and bounds, he recently got suspended for 3 games and hence watford were missing his presence

2) Adam Johnson - The on-loan ''boro winger watford had, again way too good for this league and proved what talent he had, constantly set-up goals for king and the other chap and also chipped in with a few himself.... now back at ''boro, and rumours suggest they have a real fight on their hands to keep him at the club likewise with downing

As for the league.. yep its extremely competitive with accumulator bets nie on impossible to predict! I really do fancy stoke to make the top 6, VERY impressive at home and starting to pick up away.. i think west brom will win it, with the likes of charltona and possibly bristol city lurking (who have a great goally in ''brasso'').. palace are on great form atm and under warnock are proving a tough nut to crack

The Januuary window will be extremely interesting with teams like wolves and qpr having alot more finacial muscle, as for norwich things are starting to look good again and with roeder in charge, were likely to get better deals with his contacts in the game, and i''ll go for a top halve finish

ahh cheers,

West Brom i would tip for an Automatic promotion place,then palace,they have form for making up lost ground and warnock is a good motivator.

Playoffs, Stoke,bristol city and watford, the final place being well and truely up for grabs,

[quote user="sydneysider"]I reckon we''ll end the season on 65-69 points................[/quote]

bloody hope so mate

(in an aussie accent)

i like way charlton seem not to won back to back games in like 4months yet they still always 3-4th in league

as to teams losing ground got to be wolves n watford at the moment, think 3-4games ago wolves were 3rd and 1pt of wba

as to prediction mine would be

1. wba

2. watford

3. stoke

4. charlton

5. wolves

6. bristol c

norwich coming 10-15th, great deal depends on jan window, my team could either make great run after or compltly drop out of top 6. i fancy my top 4 to deffo make playoffs, with maybe sheff utd instead wolves or bristol c

Fantastic league this season, makes the Premiership look even duller than normal.

Automatic   -   West Brom and Stoke

Play-Offs   -   Watford, Charlton, Palace and Wolves

Relegated   -   Colchester, Scunthorpe and any one of several.

1. Watford

2. West Brom

3. Stoke City

4. Bristol City

5. Ipswich

6. Charlton

7. Crystal Palace

8. Sheffield United

9. Wolves

10. Barnsley

11. Norwich

12. Hull

13. Plymouth

14. Burnley

15. Cardiff

16. Coventry

17. Blackpool

18. Southampton

19. QPR

20. Scunthorpe

21. Leicester

22. Preston

23. Sheffield Wednesday

24.Colchester

[quote user=" Desi Rascall"]the way watford have imploded is quite spectacular, anyone know whats going on there?[/quote]

I think Boothroyds been found out to be honest... it wasnt his players that went up, but it was his signings hat went down... they are now spiralling downwards and their form of late hasnt been great... i think he''s a lucky manager and i think the lucks run out for him....

reckon he''ll be the next manager for the sack

jas :)

Come on lets be havin you!!!

Does nobody think there is any chance of us getting into the playoffs?

Watch this space if we pick up 4 points from our next two game carrying on current form we''ll be in the top six come end of the season...

The board are going to give Roeder £15 million to spend and all will be good Stick out tongue [:P]

Bloody hell maybe I should calm down on the mulled wine...Party!!! [<:o)]Drinks [D]Drinks [D]Beer [B]Party!!! [<:o)]

[quote user="Jonnyboy"]

Come on lets be havin you!!!

Does nobody think there is any chance of us getting into the playoffs?

Watch this space if we pick up 4 points from our next two game carrying on current form we''ll be in the top six come end of the season...

The board are going to give Roeder £15 million to spend and all will be good Stick out tongue [:P]

Bloody hell maybe I should calm down on the mulled wine...Party!!! [<:o)]Drinks [D]Drinks [D]Beer [B]Party!!! [<:o)]

[/quote]

Hilarious

1. West Brom

2. Watford

3. Charlton

4. Stoke

5. Sheff Utd

6. Crystal Palace

7. Bristol Cty

8. Wolves

9. Burnley

10. Norwich