Sign in to follow this  
ca

Danny Mills

I dont pretend to understand the red card and the yellow card then a red card suspension rules.

Will dirty Mills miss the Boxing Day game or not?

Please explain to me!!

I seem to recall it will next match if that is 6/7 days away, anything less (i.e. in the case with Boxing Day) and it''s the match after... although I''m only about 60pc sure of this... and the club may have a choice to start it sooner if they wish?

I always thought a straight red (which Mills'' was) warrented an ''automatic'' 3 match ban that starts immediately; whereas an accumulation of 5 yellow cards requires a 7 day period for the suspension to be processed. May well be wrong there, but the CAFC site make it sound as though today was his last appearance for the club as a result of his sending off.

[quote user="Quantum"]I always thought a straight red (which Mills'' was) warrented an ''automatic'' 3 match ban that starts immediately; whereas an accumulation of 5 yellow cards requires a 7 day period for the suspension to be processed. May well be wrong there, but the CAFC site make it sound as though today was his last appearance for the club as a result of his sending off.
[/quote]

I''m confused, did he get a yellow and then a straight red or two yellows and a red?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Quantum"]I always thought a straight red (which Mills'' was) warrented an ''automatic'' 3 match ban that starts immediately; whereas an accumulation of 5 yellow cards requires a 7 day period for the suspension to be processed. May well be wrong there, but the CAFC site make it sound as though today was his last appearance for the club as a result of his sending off.[/quote]

I''m confused, did he get a yellow and then a straight red or two yellows and a red?

[/quote]He got a yellow in the first half but a straight red for foul and abusive language in the second half, just like Hucks got a couple of years ago at Stoke. So will be a 3 match ban just a case of when it starts.

I believe as it was a straight red, he''s automatically out 3 games.  But seeing his loan is due to expire Jan 1, unless Man City extends him, I would think they would not want CAFC to appeal, so that when he returns to them, he is not suspended.  I would think they would want his suspension already served before he is returned.  If they do extend him, CAFC could try to appeal and stretch it out for as long as they need to.  But the whole card/suspension thing is very confusing, so I could be completely off here. Personally, I''d like to see him play and have us beat them with him on the pitch.  

According to the Charlton site, it is likely to be Mills'' last game for the club as his loan expires on Dec  31st. 1 interesting fact is that Hull had 3 players booked today...all for fouls on one Mr Danny Mills!

Suspensions take 7 days to kick in so he can play (Spillane was on the bench today despite being sent off midweek for the Reserves and his suspension doesn''t start til Jan 1).

"No foul was given and his comments to referee Bates in the aftermath earned him a straight red card."

One wonders what he said that warranted a straight red....

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

Suspensions take 7 days to kick in so he can play

[/quote]Not necessarily true Pete; when Dion was sent off at Charlton he was immediately suspended for the Wolves game 4 days later. Shackell was sent off in that game against Wolves and was suspended for the Man City game 3 days later.The reserve system must be different.

[quote user="Quantum"][quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

Suspensions take 7 days to kick in so he can play

[/quote]

Not necessarily true Pete; when Dion was sent off at Charlton he was immediately suspended for the Wolves game 4 days later. Shackell was sent off in that game against Wolves and was suspended for the Man City game 3 days later.

The reserve system must be different.
[/quote]

....and Hux started his 3 match ban immediately. Red cards at first team level take immediate effect.

A Player who is dismissed from the Field of play for Violent Conduct, Serious

Foul Play or spitting at an opponent or any other person, whether he has

previously been cautioned in the match or not, will be suspended

automatically from playing football in any match including non-First Team

matches commencing forthwith and until such time as his Club’s First Team

has completed its next three matches in approved Competitions.

http://www.thefa.com/NR/rdonlyres/E5AD8DC1-F5D4-45BD-B820-A205B7D38EB3/118665/SectionAFTCM0708.pdf

[quote user="yellow blood"]According to the Charlton site, it is likely to be Mills'' last game for the club as his loan expires on Dec  31st. 1 interesting fact is that Hull had 3 players booked today...all for fouls on one Mr Danny Mills![/quote]

If we didn''t beat that record by at least six players, I''d be disappointed.  To think he once played for England!

So if Spillane had been used yesterday, we''d have been in big trouble? He was sent off for serious foul play I think.

[quote user="cityangel"]So have we decided that Mills wont be playing on Boxing Day?[/quote]I think so.I was just trying to work out how many players at the club now played in the same team as Mills?  Not many - the only one I can think of is a young Rusty.

[quote user="Useless pigs lost me money"]

A Player who is dismissed from the Field of play for Violent Conduct, Serious Foul Play or spitting at an opponent or any other person, whether he has previously been cautioned in the match or not, will be suspended automatically from playing football in any match including non-First Team matches commencing forthwith.

[/quote]

Well now I''m confused again as he wasn''t sent off for any of these offences....

Theres an article on BBC Sport Website saying he now misses 3 games and having doubts over his future. Shame, i''d like to have seen Hucks rip him to shreds and get him sent off!

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"][quote user="Useless pigs lost me money"]

A Player who is dismissed from the Field of play for Violent Conduct, Serious Foul Play or spitting at an opponent or any other person, whether he has previously been cautioned in the match or not, will be suspended automatically from playing football in any match including non-First Team matches commencing forthwith.

[/quote]

Well now I''m confused again as he wasn''t sent off for any of these offences....

[/quote]For F&AL...(d) PLAYERS SENT OFF UNDER LAW 12 (6)A Player who is dismissed from the Field of Play for using offensive orinsulting or abusive language/gestures, whether he has previously beencautioned in the match or not, will be suspended automatically from allapproved First Team matches commencing forthwith, and until such time ashis Club’s First Team has completed its next two matches in approvedCompetitions.So it''s definitely automatic, but that confuses me since according to that he only gets a 2 game ban. [:|] Not that that affects us.