Sign in to follow this  
Worf

AGAIN !!!

I went to the game today and am well in the mood to have another swipe at Cureton.

Although his service was fairly poor, he was AWFUL. Overshadowed by Evans in my opinion.

It was completely the wrong kind of game for Cureton - but that is hardly an excuse.

Why wasn''t Dion in the game earlier?! That game was made for him.

We need a striker with arial ability and pacy goalscoring prowess. Ameobi.

Shola Ameobi would be excellent in the team Roeder has unluckily inherited and I think would be a revelation at this level.

Tiny first, then Ameobi. Please.

CURO OUT

(Decent point though today, well done lads)

must admit that whatever curo did today, it didn''t come off.  how many times did he have a ball played in to feet (good) only for him to try an extravagent layoff that came to nothing??? evans wasn''t much better though.  apart from cushioning a header back to weaver, when he should''ve scored from a prem class cross from matty patty first half - he didn''t threaten to score for me.  also - what was that dummy in the pen area late 2nd half all about that a charlton player gratefully accepted and cleared???  dubs - looking his age now.  agree - we do need another tallish decent striker up front, and before anyone says it - brown and dave striker are not the answers. 

I thought Cureton did well in the first half but wasn''t in the game in the second half. Dion should have got on sooner, definitely. He gives us something to hit, something to work off.

If we got both Taylor and Ameobi I would be absolutely over the moon.

Cureton was poor today,  never looked like scoring and the link up play simply did not come off.  I dont think he was any worse than evans though,  and dion had no impact at all despite us hoicking the long ball towards him.

But our real problem today was the midfield.  The central pair worked well to win the ball but that was it.   In possession that hd not cutting edge.  When a colleague had the ball there was no real movement off the ball to either take the ball from the back 4 and to to create a pass(they are the ball players not Shax or Doc) or to get beyond the charlton defence and cause them problems.  On the contrary the hid themselves by ensuring they stayed in proximity to a charlton midfielder, meaning they were not available for a pass hat would keep possession.  Boy did we see the difference between Russell/Pattision and Fozzy today,  who craves the ball and gives his defence an option. 

Smith is clearly a central midfielder,  his movement was excellent,  with numerous good runs off the ball into space that were not exploited. He comes inside but at least can keep possession.   Croft is a wide player,  who I now call Talking Head,  he is always ona  raod to nowhere. To be fair he did actually get a couple of crosses to a yellow shirt in the box today which is a rarity so it was one of his better games,  but he is not good enough to start.   Hux has a game where he simply made no head way.    This left our only creative option being a long hopeful ball from the back 4. 

Pattison and Smith in central midfield unless fozzy is fit will give us tackling and movement and passing from the middle,   Hux on the left and Croft on the right me.

We do need a striker - the ones we have do not added enough in respect of defending from the front,  team build up play, creativity or even simple goal scoring.

However without better strength in depth in midfield we will continue to struggle.         

[quote user="Geeza"]

I went to the game today and am well in the mood to have another swipe at Cureton.

Although his service was fairly poor, he was AWFUL. Overshadowed by Evans in my opinion.

It was completely the wrong kind of game for Cureton - but that is hardly an excuse.

Why wasn''t Dion in the game earlier?! That game was made for him.

We need a striker with arial ability and pacy goalscoring prowess. Ameobi.

Shola Ameobi would be excellent in the team Roeder has unluckily inherited and I think would be a revelation at this level.

Tiny first, then Ameobi. Please.

CURO OUT

(Decent point though today, well done lads)

[/quote]

your Joking if u think evans did more than Cureton.. Evans looked like he wished he was at home with a plate of mince pies instead of being out there Yesterday!

Ok so maybe cureton didnt have the best of games, but point the finger at the rest of the team, particulalry shacks, who''s aimless hoofs upfeild were gobbled up by the charlton Defence. Cureton worked hard but we could of had Shevchenko out there yesterday... without the service he wouldnt of scored....

jas :)

Good stuff Jas

NO Cureton wasnt great, but Evans was no masterclass of his own.

Shackell was either made to look bad by Doc or hes becoming exposed as a bad player

Smith is not one name I would have on my teamsheet to be honest- either we see how he is in centre mid, or we turf him off back to London

Curetons coming in for alot of stick at the moment, some justified but alot of it not. He was better than Evans yesterday, and in the first half when the team played well he looked good, he looked as lively as ive seen him this season, it didnt quite come off but he looked sharp when he got it and could have had a goal.

Some people arent happy unless the whinging.

Yesterday.....I''m really glad it''s gone away. I thought it was as entertaining as the Pompey v Arse-nal game. Huffin''an'' Puffin'' an misplaced passin'' and our poor finishing. Yes, and the majority of our home crowd were impatient, frustrated and wanting to see a $hi*load of goals in the Charlton net.

I''m just pleased they didn''t have Andy ''chunkster'' Reid in their squad yesterday........If Alan ''Partridge'' Pardew was able to field a fully fit first choice squad - I think we''d have really struggled. Reid makes them tick and is influential in creating their chances and scores a few himself. In reality, I''d have settled for a point......but, we did slip down the table - and those 2 points dropped could affect our Championship survival.

It''s history......Now those three points from the Wolves is as crucial as ever.If we flag or falter - it will allow those below to gain ground on us. It is imperative that we strengthen in the transfer window.....If either Doherty or Shackle get an injury or get suspended, then there''s only Dion to fall back on.....I also felt we missed Fotheringham in the middle yesterday - and would like to see another midfielder with quality here. I suppose we will be in pursuit of the usual loaning mantra and attitude......The Donkster''s final (I wish) words in the Pink''un for this year, sort of indicate what Glenn and Co will be allowed to go for. No doubt though, that with the impending renewing of season tickets on the horizon, there will be a little cup of cheer with a sweetener brought into the club.

I am certainly more hopeful and optimistic for our survival than I was 4 weeks ago......but, we certainly ain''t safe yet.

I totally agree, and whats more I sat next to a guy who has been going since the 2nd World War and he said that this season was the worst City team he had ever seen. I am expecting big changes (finances permitting!) in Jan.  Well, here''s hoping anyway!