Sign in to follow this  
ncfcfaithful

Karen Brady in the Sun

It is easy to spend someone else''s money but 250k is still a lot of money to most people and if it isn''t a lot of money then why not donate it to the club? I suspect there is just some hardnosed negotiation going on here and the directors would be negligent if they did not try to get the best deal for the club given that it appears that Taylor would like to come here just as Brady is right to try and get the best deal for Birmingham. I suspect Turner did not make his money by naively giving 250k to someone just because they asked for it.

Well i´for one am happy we bidded 750 k for him, thats a decent offer, and even then from reading between the lines, we could get a few more players on top of the 750 k. so it sounds good imho.

Wether we get him for that price ( fair price it is to ) IS ANOTHER MATTER.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Jonnyboy"]

I don''t understand this??

How can a club get the best price for a player...

I thought they all had release clauses...

Surely we have triggered that...

Stick out tongue [:P]Stick out tongue [:P]

[/quote]

Perhaps Brum don''t have to offer release clauses to get decent players to join them.

Release clauses are only requested when a player thinks he can move on up to a higher league and higher pay.

I would be very surprised if Taylor had one.

What gets me about this thread as the way people jump to attack Brum for doing what we would do in a similar position. If we were forced to let someone go for a lower price than we thought acceptable just think what would be said on this forum.

[/quote]

Oh no they''re not ! Release clauses are mandatory for players joining Norwich so they can leave for whatever reason they wish at whatever price threshold they deem suitable i.e., the lower the better.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

I can see the phone call going like this:

Doomcaster: Karen, Neil D here. We would like to make a bid for Martin Taylor.

Brady: OK. The asking price is £1m.

Doomcaster: I would like to bid £750k

Brady: Im afraid that is well below our valuation, £1m will secure his services.

Doomcaster: No, its ok thanks. Its a great bid as it is as we wont be following up.

Brady: Ok, bye.

Doomcaster: Have a nice xmas, bye

[/quote]

As someone said here the other week, it probably was more like:

Doomcaster: Karen, Neil Doncaster here. We would like to make a bid for Martin Taylor.

Brady: OK. The asking price is £1m.

Doomcaster: Um.... sorry, I must have the wrong number.

(Hangs up phone)

Doncaster:  Get me the chairman of Nuneaton Borough.

if taylor wants to come here, then in the best interests of brum, they will sell him to us.  having a player rotting in the reserves makes no business sense.  so expect taylor to arrive for £875,000 (meeting in the middle) to save face.  if he goes elsewhere, then he didn''t want to come here in the first place and brum were right in holding out for a bigger fee.

The player, in effect, becomes an asset of the club does''t he? If you buy him for 1.25m and eventually sell him for, say, £750k, your outlay is only the difference. Not bad, if Roeder thinks that his arrival could keep you in the league, isn''t it?

I am not so sure Mister Chops.The conversation would have started enquiring as to the possible extention of the loan. Brum obviously said no unless you are prepared to table a bid right away in the region of £1million+ as we have already recieved a bid of this region from another club.We then probably said, and quite rightly, but Taylor here is rather fond of us - would £750k not do?We all know the answer to that - but what is interesting is that since then there have been these heated words and now what seems to be a retreat on her previous position. Remember that Glenn has stamped out his message - and hers was still part truth and part falsification.Now it seems not only that we DID put in a bid but that the very fact she has incuraged us to place a higher bid, that the other interest has dwindled as a result. Otherwise why come out into the public domain and say how much it would cost to sign him when the papers have been suggesting a higher price?Roeder it seems knows how to play the transfer game.

[quote user="ron obvious"]

Hang on, according to Brady, there''d been no offer from Norwich - so where did £750k come from??

Make your mind up Missus.

[/quote]

verbal offer from doncaster,qpr put theirs in writing,brady has taken the attitude that our offer coming after qpr was derisory. I think it was a fair offer under the circumstances (since i guess that QPRs actual offer was not disclosed until this week)

My heart says pay the excess money,my head says its already been spent on hartson and glenns priorities lie elsewhere.

But til the transfer window shuts i am holding out for a miracle.

From the BBC site 6th April 2007

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/6532913.stm

" Taylor signs new Birmingham deal 
Birmingham defender Martin Taylor has signed a new three-year deal with the Championship promotion contenders.
Manager Steve Bruce believes the offer of an extension to his contract is no more than Taylor deserves.

"Tiny has signed a three-year deal with a two-year option and he fully deserves it," said Bruce.

"He''s done well over the last few years for us, and as a player and a professional he never causes you any grief as a manager."

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

[quote user="Optimisticcanary"]

for gods sake, we can get £250k for murray 
[/quote]

Could you please advise as to who is going to pay £250k for Murray when he''s out of contract at the end of  the season?

[/quote]

Peter Grant might if he takes over a club

Reading between the lines, this is great news. A couple of weeks ago she was stating that we hadn''t made a bid, relations were looking decidedly frosty. Now she is re-awakening the deal and this can only be seen as good news;- all quiet on the QPR front- no other club in the frame (yet)Brum were never going to sell him to us before the transfer window, as they would have a better chance of getting a better price in the transfer window, Brady stated this openly. Now they are inviting bids from us. Anyone using this as ''evidence'' to criticise either party just doesn''t understand how football negotiations can work!

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]The very fact she has a column/diary in the sun tells us all we need to know![/quote]Quite.When I saw the words "Karen Brady" and "The Sun" in the same sentance, I thought it must be some sort of "Bad taste top 10 of tackiness" list the papers seem so keen to publish on slow news weeks such as this."Glenn is certain on-loan Martin wants to join the canaries in a £750K

transfer, while we are certain we want to sell him to QPR for £1

million.  the difference Glenn, is £250K.  We are not a charity.  Make

it up and he could be yours''.Well Karen, let me introduce you to the real world, not one I''d expect a columnist for the Sun to inhabit. If Taylor doesn''t want to join QPR and refuses to sign, they could be willing to pay 5 million, it matters little, because if Taylor is happier sitting in the reserves picking up his pay packet, then you''re the one who ends up looking a pillock at the end of the day. And all for 250k. Silly girl.Still, anyone whose moral compass allows them to take a wage from one of Murdoch''s filthy rags is verging on subhuman anyway, we shouldn''t be suprised.

Hey if I was a  board member, I''d much rather spend

£250,000 converting Scores to the restaurant Yellows than on the defender

Martin Taylor and I’m sure you all would too.

Hmm what’s the saying....  Oh yeah.  "FOOTBALL must come

first".

According to her earlier, we didn''t even put an offer in, so somebody was lying back then then. I''m with roeder, he shouldn''t let himself pay over the odds for a player just because another team want him. He doesn''t want to go to QPR and won''t, therefore that offer is void and the norwich one is the only viable one. Taylor isn''t going to play for brum, he''s only gonna cost money through wages so why are they getting so keen on trying to offload a player for more money and put off the only the viable buyer.