Sign in to follow this  
ncfcfaithful

Karen Brady in the Sun

Just read todays Sun and here''s the latest from Karen (if she was a bloke i''d smack her in the face) Brady....''Norwich Manager Glenn Roeder has been going on and on about how we are preventing his club from buying our centre back Martin Taylor.  he is sounding like Violet elizabeth threatening William she will ''scream and scream til i''m sick.''  Glenn is certain on-loan Martin wants to join the canaries in a £750K transfer, while we are certain we want to sell him to QPR for £1 million.  the difference Glenn, is £250K.  We are not a charity.  Make it up and he could be yours''.I''d love to say what i''m thinking but i''m sure it wouldn''t be posted but now she''s gone this public there is no way we will get him for under a million as this would involve Brady losing face!!  Although if i was her i wouldn''t mind losing that face and getting a new one!!!!!!

Well what a shallow person she really is, a diary in the Sun newspaper which looks as it was ghostwritten by a reception class. Classic.

What she says about the transfer tells us all we need to know. No, Ms Brady you are not a charity, but you are also not quite the astute businesswoman you think you are. If you are set on Martin Taylor going to QPR then perhaps you should speak to him and ask why he doesn''t want to go there? Keep on paying him to rot in your reserve team then and receive a big fat £0.00. Well done Birmingham. Shame about the takeover too.

one piece of good news is that its 1 million asking price not 1.25 as has been bandied about on here. QPR have from the sounds of it not made a fresh approach,or any other club come in,so the ball is in our court.

I think he is worth the money we will need a new CB at the end of the season with Dublin coming to end of contract.

It''s business.  You can understand why she''s holding out for the higher price.  At least it''s a million now, not £1.25 million.

How about we pay them £1.25 million plus Murray?

I may only be a fan but I reckon the difference between the 2 clubs is circa £250K, well the £1M bid is worthless is the player doesn''t want to got there. If he goes no where I reckon BCFC will have paid him circa £250K in wages, and medical fees etc by the end of the season when he could leave no nowt!!  Plus if you put our £750K in the bank for a further 6 months is could earn circa £30K in interest.

Therefore from a business point of view it makes sense to sell but we know it''s not about that, she has already lost face big time with the collapsed takeover. Anybody who can get £3M compensation for a manager (Bruce) and then claim a week later he was about to get sacked is clearly a tricky person to deal with.

My solution, offer £750 up front and give her another £125K when we avoid the drop or £250K if we hit the play offs.

Over to you Mr Doncaster!!

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"]  Although if i was her i wouldn''t mind losing that face and getting a new one!!!!!!
[/quote]

seriously??? i always thought she was quite fit!

I can see the phone call going like this:

Doomcaster: Karen, Neil D here. We would like to make a bid for Martin Taylor.

Brady: OK. The asking price is £1m.

Doomcaster: I would like to bid £750k

Brady: Im afraid that is well below our valuation, £1m will secure his services.

Doomcaster: No, its ok thanks. Its a great bid as it is as we wont be following up.

Brady: Ok, bye.

Doomcaster: Have a nice xmas, bye

If she is telling the truth, which i think she is, what is £250k in comparison to potential League 1 football? Unbelievable....

Is it just me or is the solution too simple for everyone to grasp?

We''ve offered £750k, they want £1.1m so all we have to do is find another £350k, deal done!

I think there''s a good chance of a deal being done in our favour because Birmingham will want to increase their transfer fund in Jan. and I think they would prefer to have a deal in place at the start of Jan rather than the at the end of it, if Martin Taylor prefers us over QPR then that also goes in our favour, both clubs are just ''playing hard ball'' at the moment.  We just have to hope that a lower premier league or upper championship club does not come into the picture and hijacks the deal!!

[quote user="Greg Sayer"]

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"]  Although if i was her i wouldn''t mind losing that face and getting a new one!!!!!!
[/quote]

seriously??? i always thought she was quite fit!

[/quote]

My mate also uses the term ''fit as a butchers dog'' to describe her!!  I''ve just been to the butchers and below is a link to a picture i''ve taken of his dog.

http://alesrarus.funkydung.com/images/ugly_dog.jpg

Just pay the £1m and be done with it,  ask  25000 fans on saturday what to do?  and they all will shout SIGN HIM UP.  for gods sake, we can get £250k for murray and we have our man Taylor.  whats the big hoo har about.  Doncaster,  cough up and fast.  we want that guy by Jan 2st PLEASE.

[quote user="Optimisticcanary"]Just pay the £1m and be done with it,  ask  25000 fans on saturday what to do?  and they all will shout SIGN HIM UP.  for gods sake, we can get £250k for murray and we have our man Taylor.  whats the big hoo har about.  Doncaster,  cough up and fast.  we want that guy by Jan 2st PLEASE.
[/quote]

Why not have a whip round on Saturday.....I''d pay a tenner (if I was going) .....ahem!! [:$]

I would say just pay the £1m and get on with it but I honestly think Birmingham will crack first. They need the money for january and if Taylor simply will not go to QPR then their bid is worth less than an old bus ticket.

At the end of the day we need him so please just get this sorted out.

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"]
''Norwich Manager Glenn Roeder has been going on and on about how we are preventing his club from buying our centre back Martin Taylor. [/quote]

I think that Glen has been quite quiet regarding Taylor in in the last couple of weeks. I think this is a desperate attempt by Karen Brady to try and keep up the publicity around Martin Taylor.  She knows that he won''t go to QPR so she is doing her best to make everyone believe that he will go there so we up our offer.  I think Taylor will end up with us but at what price we''ll have to wait and see

[quote user="ricardo"]

How dreadful. A club trying to get best price for one of its players.

Bloody disgaceful imo.

[/quote]

They aren''t going about it the right way though. Taylor doesn''t want to go to QPR, so a one million pound offer might as well be a twenty million pound offer.

The best price they are going to get for him is our offer. We''ll see how talkative she is at the end of January when she still hasn''t sold him. Not a good way to go about getting the best price is it.

I don''t understand this??

How can a club get the best price for a player...

I thought they all had release clauses...

Surely we have triggered that...

Stick out tongue [:P]Stick out tongue [:P]

So are you all now saying Roeder is a numpty cos he''s undervalued Taylor? Or are you going to pin this on the board as well?

For as much as I would like to see Taylor at NCFC. The club has not been in free fall since his loan period come to an end . The current situation probably isn''t Taylor''s fault but Brady should be told to  F*** off.

[quote user="Jonnyboy"]

[/quote] Unfortunately Johnyboy I think we are one of the few clubs that allow anyone we sign, to have a release clause.  I believe Doncaster said that if we didn''t include the clause for Earnshaw he wouldn''t have signed for us.  Maybe this is why the Turners have joined our board as they understand how to run a business.

[quote user="Jonnyboy"]

[/quote]

No, no, no you''ve got it all wrong Johnnyboy, it''s only Norwich players that are allowed to have release clauses.

[quote user="Jonnyboy"]

[/quote]

Perhaps Brum don''t have to offer release clauses to get decent players to join them.

Release clauses are only requested when a player thinks he can move on up to a higher league and higher pay.

I would be very surprised if Taylor had one.

What gets me about this thread as the way people jump to attack Brum for doing what we would do in a similar position. If we were forced to let someone go for a lower price than we thought acceptable just think what would be said on this forum.

Odd that they want to sell Taylor so they can buy...another Centre Half. Yet from what we''ve seen, would have thought they could save the money and play him. Still hope we do a sensible deal, and get him, but there is also the little matter of his wages to agree, which would make up more of the overall package than the transfer fee.

[quote user="ricardo"]

How dreadful. A club trying to get best price for one of its players.

Bloody disgaceful imo.

[/quote]

Christ, if this is true we are pissing about over 250K  what a bunch of t**ts we have at our club...  I hope this haggling doesnt prove too costly, 20th position does not bode well at the moment.

[quote user="Jack Flash"]Odd that they want to sell Taylor so they can buy...another Centre Half. Yet from what we''ve seen, would have thought they could save the money and play him. Still hope we do a sensible deal, and get him, but there is also the little matter of his wages to agree, which would make up more of the overall package than the transfer fee.[/quote]

Taylor is nowhere near quick enough for the Premiership, that is why he has slipped down the league.