Sign in to follow this  
Swarney

T'other half

Is anyone and their other half both NCFC fans? Sorry I''ve always wondered what is like. is it good, something else to talk about and do together, celebrate together, or is it better to get down to carrow road on your own for a break? I''ve always thought be good to go to Norwich games with a lovely female etc or is it my relatively young naivety?

I have to put up with an Everton fan - and working with a bunch of scousers you can imagine what a bunch of old women they are moaning about being a red or a blue...I pride myself in being unique - with my City screensavers and team photos etc. Proud to be a City fan on my own!

Well my other half is from Ipswich, she is not the biggest town fan but went to the playoff final when they went up and her family are pretty diehard - have great banter with them and to be fair considering where they are from they''re o.k. Bragging rights very much with me this year and I loved it! After setting up canary supporters networks in The United States, Peru and Madrid I am going to be heading out to South Africa in the Autumn to recruit international canaries.

OTBC!

My other half is. Or at least since I took her to see us draw 1-1 at home to WBA about 4 years ago.

Slowly but surely - having brainwashed my mum and my dad - I''ve got Michelle to the stage where she''s got membership, about 7 tops, scarf, cap, all the mullarky. She bought me a brick for the Jarrold stand and was more than happy for me to fork out on shares. She came to Cardiff for the playoff final and to all the games I went to last season, including Wimbledon, Reading, Palace and Watford. Oh, and she was standing on the sofa in Squares after the Preston game, leading the singing in our corner.

I''m now working on her parents - her mum already texts me after each game and now wants to get Sky in so she can watch us live next season. Her Dad is proving a little more tricky although experience shows it''s merely a matter of time. It took me 10 years to get my Dad listening to Radio Norfolk every Saturday so miracles don''t happen overnight.

It''s not all smooth sailing though. We''re getting married in August but when I mentioned nuptuals at Carrow Road, she was having none of it. Bleedin'' part timers.

My girlfriend is from Cardiff, but during the most exciting points of last season & due to my fanatical interest she inevitably became more interested in norwich.

In fact, instead of saying ''norwich need to win today'', she began saying ''WE need to win today''.

Conversion to a major football fan is almost complete....

Indeed, my other half is. Has a season ticket with me in the New Stand

Bloody great when City win and we''re both excited about the result, shall we say?

Craig

Have a similar situation to Tufnell Park Canary''s; when I started seeing my girlfriend she hated football and found my fanatism for City quite odd, however she''s slowly (but surely) coming round to the ways of the Mighty Yella''s and even remarked that she was looking for City''s results in the run up to the end of the season...
Not sure if thats love or whether shes actually interested (hope its somewhere in between...) but its great having a girlf to talk to about City without her losing interest in the conversation...

Blackburn? I thought you said she was a football fan? Ho-ho....

I went out with an Ipswich Town fan once. Oh dear, oh dear...

It''s ok Pete. The nice thing is she knows that Blackburn are c**p! Think the important word in your last thread is that you went out with a Binner "Once!!" ;-)

Ooh, just noticed this will be 995! Only 5 more to go

My whole family are season tickets holders and sit together at every home game. It''s great to have someone to talk to btu it does get on my nevers when I just want to be on my own. To cheer on my team in peace, if thats possible?!

I too once went out with a tractor girl and travelled up to the 1979 league cup game replay at carrow rd with the essex ipswich supporters club. still have nightmares to this day!

my ex is a norwich fan, in fact quite a few of my exs have been city fans, i only make one rule, they HAVE to love football, don''t really care about the team, sometimes a rival club just makes life more interesting!!

My missus is such an anti fan that she takes great delight in any defeat or even a draw - she''s been fairly quiet last season but no doubt her barbs are being sharpened for the new season.

I live in South Essex where the route to Norwich is crap and the trains torturous and up until recently I could only afford the odd game (5 or so a Season home and away) so have avidly listened to the Radio for most games. (I can get Radio Norfolk before the sun goes down and the atmospherics kick in and I miss the last ten minutes in Winter its a nightmare and evening kick offs are impossible....)

Luckily she who must be obeyed is out two Saturdays in four so I am not confined to the study/bedroom to listen to the commentary however whenever she is in the same room as me we always seem to throw away a decent lead...I still blame her for the fact that in the last Season we were relegated we were beating West Ham 2-0 with fifteen minutes to go -

She came home, moaned at the poor reception on the Radio - we concede a goal,

The atmospherics start to kick in and Radio France or Belgium starts to bleed over the commentary she moans still louder - another goal conceded.

I reluctantly decide to switch to teletext to keep her quiet - as I slowly turn the stereo off we concede a third....3-2!

Still I have gotten my own back by becoming a shareholder (twice) and now am proud owner of a Season ticket...which she does not know about!

And this is with full knowledge that the Joys of travel on the A140 are about to be enhanced by the 50 mph speed limit and the Trains will not be running through the Ips*** tunnel until mid September!

Oh what fun I can look forward to!