Sign in to follow this  
ellis206

"Fans" in the N&P stand

Today, due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to sit in the N&P stand....... never again, absolutley no atmosphere, and full of old people who sit there and moan, we need to think of a plan to stop all these people coming to the game, they do nothing but moan and that can''t be doing the team any good, one bloke shouted for Russell to have a shot, Russell took a shot, missed, and then the same bloke started moaning (at the top of his voice) that russell had a shot!!! they just moan about everything! really was an unpleasant experiance! we need younger people who make noise to take over that stand :)

i sit in there every game, and althought the atmosphere is getting better (since the corner infill mainly) it is awful... but these older poeple you talk about need to sit somewhere, they are norwich till i die also!!

however, sometimes i stand up, sing and cheer in this stand and i do get annoyed when some people look at me as if im stupid for cheering or chanting!!!

its the way it is and i doubt it will change!!!

i had exactly the same experience, being a barclay season ticket holder sitting in the N&P stand is quite a contrast, felt like telling the bloke and his son sitting behind me to f*** off, they didnt even celebrate when we scored, whats that all about?

i sat in there once, N&P upper...against watford (4-0 win) and at 3-0 up...i decided to stand up and sing, i know dreadful thing...and. well. got up. started singing and got told to f*****g sit down because i was disturbing the pigeons and apparantly they would shit on him...PATHETIC, no atmosphere,  no fun.BARCLAY 4 LIFE

ive sat in the river end once... for a league cup game Vs oxford about 12 years ago i think... its the only time i will EVER sit in that stand.... I hate it.

jas :)

I sit in the N and P beacuse I cant get tickets for the Barclay! 

I sit in the first 2 or 3 rows behind the goal and sing my heart out! My and my mates care about the club, are impressed with how they have picked themselves up since Roeder has come in and they are showing fight. When we sing the players and Marshall when hes between the sticks down our end he acknowledges us! If only everyone in the ground would get behind the team and sing out! The place would be rocking and more intimidating! However in the voiceless fans defence maybe they dont know the words to the songs we sing everyone should know on the ball city! So sing up on saturday everyone in the N and P ill be there singing OTBC loud and proud!

i have had a season ticket in the n and p lower for a few years now, and i know the snakepit makes the most noise followed by the barclay end, but there is some noise coming from our stand, not that much i agree, but they are all supporters the same as you lot, just a bit quieter.

why moan about them cos they are not singing as loud as you, they are still there week in and week out,without them we would not have 25000 every home game would we..

so do we all have to behave in a certain manner to watch city? absolute b******s! everybody is entitled to watch football as they wish and you should not complain but then thats how fickle some city fans can be cant they?

this is an absolutely ridiculous post.

i take it that all those moaners would rather not sit in the n&p in future if they cant get a ticket for the FANTASTIC barclay hey?  Thought not.

[quote user="john"]

i have had a season ticket in the n and p lower for a few years now, and i know the snakepit makes the most noise followed by the barclay end, but there is some noise coming from our stand, not that much i agree, but they are all supporters the same as you lot, just a bit quieter.

why moan about them cos they are not singing as loud as you, they are still there week in and week out,without them we would not have 25000 every home game would we..

[/quote]

I can''t have that!! We (the Barclay) make more noise than the Snakepit... Hearing that is like a knife to the heart!!! [:''(]

I''m ''lucky'' enough to have a season ticket in the River End and I sit behind a group of gormless idiots and sit infront of four people with a combined mental age of about 6 and a half. They shout shoot and the player misses and then they shout that he is s**t and he should f**k off. They really do get on my nerves. And then you''ve got the bloke with the really loud voice sitting somewhere near the back, oh dear, he wouldn''t be satisfied if he was an arsenal fan!

But at least we''ve got the cheeseboard!

Why don''t all you ''We know everything about football tactics, and the rest of the crowd know nothing and are just plain flamin'' clueless, naive and bloody ignorant!'' All exchange your personal e-mail addresses - then you can all master a logical plan, allowing you all to be able to sit together in a cosy wosy an'' really rosy self congratulatory back-slappin'' group - seated, in a ''elitist fan''s only stand'' of your personal choice. And with your superior soccer intellect, discuss the finer arts of how football should be played, and how you''ve all consistently adjudicated at the highest and professional level of refereeing - and sneer and cajole the great majority who gripe, moan and yell absolute inane drivel or don''t actually possess the FA coaching badges - or ever played the game at Premier and European standard - like your amazing and illustrious egotistical selves. 

Because quite frankly, I think you bitch and moan more than the bitchin'' moanin'' fraternity......that you so arrogantly bitch an'' moan about. And would probably get on my TEETZ - more than what the average supporter does.

What next?  Ram people off the road because you don''t like the way they drive?.....PAH!

City Stand..........The only true support!

Me and my little crew live in Hertfordshire and cant get to every home game, though we do about 15 home games a season and go to half a dozen or so away games each year. It doesn''t suit us to buy season tickets but we are all members. The point is, we have to take what seats we can get as far as home matches are concerned and consequently sit all over the place. We love to shout and sing and find that the dearth of like minded individuals at CR (other than in the Barclay and Snakepit) to be the most disappointing part of our day.  I mean! if you are going to sit quietly through a whole game...go and watch TV. I wont take seats in the upper N & P...we occasionally sit in the Community Corner, Lower N & P, Upper Barclay, very occasionally Snakepit...but mostly Block H Jarrold

I''ve got tickets for Block N Jarrold for the Bury match and am dreading what the atmosphere will be like. We sat in Block H Jarrold yesterday...and as other posters have experienced, trying to lead those around you with a rousing OTBC, Yarmy or ''Come on you Yellows'', gets the looks like you have just arrived from Mars. I did enjoy (with tongue in cheek) the ''rousing'' playing of the ''Canaries'' song yesterday...hopefully this will be followed on Saturday by the playing of the ''Norwich City Calypso''...if that does get the Jarrold and Lower N & P going, I dont know what will!!!!

Too many people come to the ground, stuck in their boring little patterns of behaviour, leaving five minutes before half time to get in the pie queue, leaving 5 mins early to avoid the rush.

P.S. Is there anyone on here that will be in Block N Jarrold for the Bury game that will be singing and shouting with us?

I''m a season ticket holder in Block N Jarrold and travel from Rutland for most of the games. I will be there on Saturday and as usual will be trying to get some singing going but with probably little success. I think the problem is that a large proportion of Block N are single match family visitors and dont understand the songs and chants. Being in the East Midlands I also manage to get to a number of away matches where I really enjoy the improved atmosphere from the Jarrold.

By the way I''m also an OAP (and remember the 1958/59 season, that was real atmosphere) but dont think I should be put out to grass or banned from the ground just yet, give me a few more years.

[quote user="baldyboy"]

so do we all have to behave in a certain manner to watch city? absolute b******s! everybody is entitled to watch football as they wish and you should not complain but then thats how fickle some city fans can be cant they?

this is an absolutely ridiculous post.

i take it that all those moaners would rather not sit in the n&p in future if they cant get a ticket for the FANTASTIC barclay hey?  Thought not.

[/quote]No Baldyboy, if you read my post again, and actually read it properly, then you will see that im annoyed about people constantly moaning about every pass, every shot, like i said, it won''t be doing the players confidence any good!! they moan about everything, and the only time they shut up is when we score, and then they don''t even cheer! there only there to moan, like someone said earlier, they should sit at home and watch the football on the tv, they''d be much happier and so would 99% of all Norwich fans (and the players)

Baldyboy - your attidude to this is pathetic. Sing Your Heart Out for the Lads!!!

It amazes me how some fans feel unable to get up, sing, shout and generally get behind the team in the fear of some codger behind them having a heart attack because they cant see the game. As far as i''m concerned the noiser the atmosphere, the more chance of spurring the players onto what eveyone wants :- a win!.  Middle class wannabe''s sitting in the N&P would be better suited down at Portaloo Road in what is even more of a libary. They are the first to get on the backs of the players, moan, grumble and show no enthuasim or upbeat attitude to the team that they claim to support. It''s a disgrace.

Without the Barclay or the Snakepit there would be to atmosphere at Carrow Road , which is sad in all honesty, and suggests that many of these ''fans'' would be better of at home listening to Radio Norfolk.

This is coming from someone who has been a season ticket holder for 14 years and has been to 70% of away games on average each season.

On The Ball City!

I had the pleasure of the Jarrold Stand yesterday! Although it was a great view the atmosphere was dire.

NOBODY sung out loud OTBC before the game. I started too, then realised i was getting the "eye".

I jumped up and called Sodje all the names under the sun after THAT tackle only to be told to calm down!

What will it take to get people to join in?

[quote user="ellis206"]Today, due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to sit in the N&P stand....... never again, absolutley no atmosphere, and full of old people who sit there and moan, we need to think of a plan to stop all these people coming to the game, they do nothing but moan and that can''t be doing the team any good, one bloke shouted for Russell to have a shot, Russell took a shot, missed, and then the same bloke started moaning (at the top of his voice) that russell had a shot!!! they just moan about everything! really was an unpleasant experiance! we need younger people who make noise to take over that stand :)
[/quote]

Exscuse me for being over sixty and still alive.

I also don''t much like paying for a seat and having someone trying to stand up everytime the ball comes anywhere near the goal.

I''ve only supported the Canaries for 55 years so I suppose I should not be so selfish and let some youngster have my seat while I go and kill myself.

Please accept my apologies for breathing.

Happy Christmas to all.

I actually think this is a really interesting area for debate because there are so many ''right'' outlooks.

In Group A you have the ''quieter'' fans, who go purely to WATCH the football and don''t really want to be constantly standing and screaming at every pass and shot, whilst casting disparaging glances at people in Groups B and C.

In Group B you have the ''mix-and-match'' fans, who want to see the game, but also want to contribute in some part to the atmosphere and will happily join in and sometimes start the chanting off.

And in Group C you have the ''hardcore'' supporters, who spend the whole 90 minutes leaping around like nutters, endlessly screaming whilst trying to start rousing chants at 500 decibels at looking in dismay at others not doing the same.

Now from a financial perspective, ALL of the fans who go to the game are contributing to our support, the quiet fans pay their money just like everyone else.

However, from a ''morale'' perspective, the fans sat in stony silence giving no tenuous ''match day'' support to the team, are contributing nothing other than their cash to the team. No player wants to go out there into either a dead atmosphere, but on the flip side, they don''t want unceasing abuse either.

The key problem is that you can''t please all the fans, as the loud fans will always want to stay loud, and the quiet ones aren''t looking to change either - and being fair neither of them should have to. So the question that has to be asked is - What can you do?

I have to also ask what you all feel is better for the team - Getting 23000+ every single game, but of which almost half contribute nothing towards the atmosphere and support of the team (aside from the cash), or getting maybe 18000+, the majority of whom are actively looking to get behind the team for the full 90 minutes?

At times I feel our support is badly lacking, something which many opposition fans have commented on at times, and I feel has often been a large factor in our underperformance. How can a player have any confidence, when all they are getting at times is constant barracking from their own fans??? One of the main reasons (aside from finance) why people go to matches is for the atmosphere - something you simply don''t get on TV, so why do a number of fans want to sit in the equivalent of a morgue?

Thoughts?

look back to the original post and what you N & P moaners are saying is completely off the subject!! HAHA

I never have understood why 3 sides of the ground make no noise. I know they were sh*te yesterday, but the Charlton fans made a hell of a noise the last time I was at the Valley & every stand was singing. Thank God for us in the Barclay & the snakepit, otherwise it would be more like a wake, than a football match.

Can I ask some of the posters on here who don''t like to sing, one genuine question? Why is this?

[quote user="adz-ncfc4life"]

Baldyboy - your attidude to this is pathetic. Sing Your Heart Out for the Lads!!!

It amazes me how some fans feel unable to get up, sing, shout and generally get behind the team in the fear of some codger behind them having a heart attack because they cant see the game. As far as i''m concerned the noiser the atmosphere, the more chance of spurring the players onto what eveyone wants :- a win!.  Middle class wannabe''s sitting in the N&P would be better suited down at Portaloo Road in what is even more of a libary. They are the first to get on the backs of the players, moan, grumble and show no enthuasim or upbeat attitude to the team that they claim to support. It''s a disgrace.

Without the Barclay or the Snakepit there would be to atmosphere at Carrow Road , which is sad in all honesty, and suggests that many of these ''fans'' would be better of at home listening to Radio Norfolk.

This is coming from someone who has been a season ticket holder for 14 years and has been to 70% of away games on average each season.

On The Ball City!

[/quote]

Sweeping generalisations ahoy!

Firstly I doubt that everyone who sits in parts of the ground that aren''t called the Barclay and Snakepit just moans all game - you''ll always get people like that at every ground in the country in every stand, don''t kid yourself it''s just restricted to the N & P. Ever thought that it''s not in everyone''s nature to suddenly start singing and shouting at a football match? It''s not in mine and I sit in the N&P too, but I consider myself a supporter of NCFC (doubtless you wouldn''t) and not, for example, someone who should just listen to Radio Norfolk, or even bugger off down Portman Road because I don''t make as much noise as some people do. I''m still a very passionate and loyal supporter and a very opinionated one too.

However, I do consider you to be an elitist snob who thinks you have to sit in the Barclay or Snakepit, and sing non-stop for ninety minutes to call yourself a supporter. Grow up.

I am a ''bring back the terraces'' old schooler, that is why I have got a seat on the back row, so I can stand. I know nothing of tactics, have a loud voice, and annoy others around me all the time with inane remarks (I imagine). Personally, I do feel somewhat awkward if the geezers next to me are not even celebrating if we score, so I can agree with early posts on here.  

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Why don''t all you ''We know everything about football tactics, and the rest of the crowd know nothing and are just plain flamin'' clueless, naive and bloody ignorant!'' All exchange your personal e-mail addresses - then you can all master a logical plan, allowing you all to be able to sit together in a cosy wosy an'' really rosy self congratulatory back-slappin'' group - seated, in a ''elitist fan''s only stand'' of your personal choice. [/quote]

Well said!  I''m fed up with people whose football knowledge extends to owning Championship Manager 2005/6 shouting that we should "switch to 3-5-2" or we''re "playing twenty yards too deep", etc etc.  Support the team, boys, don''t try to manage the side from the stands.

(and if we did switch to 3-5-2, who would you play at the back?)

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Now come on Mello, you are only there for the biccies! lol[/quote]

"CRUMBS! I''VE BEEN RUMBLED!"........[:$]

In reality, there''s very little chance of biccies these days in the Cathedral Lounge.......The ruddy-faced rural gannets and pallid pretentious pompous pelicans - are all divin'' in there like women warriors fighting for bargains in a Boxin'' Day ''NEXT'' sale......."BICCIES!! Caw! Caw! Eaaayah! Caw!Caw! Eaaayah! ISSA MOINE! Caaaaw! Peck! Chomp! Scoff! Slurp! Smack! Slobber! S''luvverly! Gulp!"

In the Caartheedraal Laaarnge, Affluent ''arable'' Alf, snorts to Richie ''but'' Rural: "I say sir! I had my hands on that custard cream well before you, now kindly remove your fowl pluckin'' pudgy digits from said biscuit - before I insert my shooting stick well into your dispatch orifice and wind you up clockwork like - and point you towards the exit! Harrumph!"

And when they wheeled out the ''freebie'' platefuls of "Delia''s no Deals" scrummy mince pies at halftime in the lounge on Boxing Day.....(I now understand why the call it Boxing Day)..."Scud! Cuff! Whack! Gerroff! Thwack! It''s Mine! Gimme! Smack! Whap! Slap!......

So embarrassingly sad - but true..............ish.[:)]

Mello, you need to leave the comfort of your seat 10 mins before half time, then you would get the lot.....mince pies! WE can only DREAM of such delights in the Barclay..

Is there anybody actually alive in the N&P? Whenever I look in the direction of that stand at matches, it looks like 6,000 cardboard cut-outs have been placed there to lend the appearance of a crowd. Your average Riverender is about as animated as a three-toed sloth. Like one of the previous posters in this thread, I have vowed to never sit in this dreadful stand ever again. It is a terribly depressing experience, only slightly improved by a scintillating game of football.

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]Is there anybody actually alive in the N&P? Whenever I look in the direction of that stand at matches, it looks like 6,000 cardboard cut-outs have been placed there to lend the appearance of a crowd. Your average Riverender is about as animated as a three-toed sloth. Like one of the previous posters in this thread, I have vowed to never sit in this dreadful stand ever again. It is a terribly depressing experience, only slightly improved by a scintillating game of football.[/quote]

No mate, as I stated in a previous post I killed myself yesterday to make room for more animated youngsters.

City til I ... 

Oh! too late.