Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Free Bet This Weekend

[quote user="lappinitup"]

AaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAGGGGGGGHHH. Aldershot were AWAY!!   [:''(][:''(][:''(]

[/quote]

Double AaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAGGGGGGGHHH !,

But the fixture was a home win though , maybe the bookies will er . . . . . . . . .er maybe not.

I stayed away from away results ardee but I see 7rews Airdrie are four up with 25 mins gone. Whoops. Sorry 7rew.   [:''(][:''(][:''(]

[/quote]

Such hard luck "Lapp" the one away done us , I am taking it Olympiakos will win , As Nutty has said ."Its the hardest result to call "If you look back to our season in the Prem , we were always going to be near the foot of the league ,what happened when Man Utd came ? How many bets did that spoil ? Home advantage means so much .Having said all this 7rew doesn''t have too much trouble up in Scotland , Well done again Drew .I do feel the form has settled down so we are going to be there , or mighty close each week , Its just a case of missing the banana skin .Well done "Lapp" we will talk about it when we have that drink together this fri ,   oh by the way if any of you pickers or indeed any of you posters want to join arrdee and "Lapp"in a drink in the City let me know .I know  that another Poster with thousands of posts behind his name is desperate to meet me and "Lappin" and he will be there . You know where my e-mail is. I will tell you where we will be .[<:o)] [D][B][ip][6] arrdee.

When I got home I thought: "yes". Now I''ve found out that those away fixtures have got us. Damn. Oh well, we gave it a good go this week though haven''t we.

[/quote]

What a stupid mistake! Sorry everyone, Aldershot were indeed my banker this week - I read the fixture the wrong way round. Should have been away win. I think it would have been too, if it wasn''t for Aldershot being reduced to 10 men after half an hour.

It really hurts when its your result that lets everyone down - I''ll be trying doubley hard to win on my picking week now.

Leeds Canary

[quote user="leedscanary"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

What a stupid mistake! Sorry everyone, Aldershot were indeed my banker this week - I read the fixture the wrong way round. Should have been away win. I think it would have been too, if it wasn''t for Aldershot being reduced to 10 men after half an hour.

It really hurts when its your result that lets everyone down - I''ll be trying doubley hard to win on my picking week now.

Leeds Canary

[/quote]

Now "leeds" ,Don''t ever say Sorry please ,there are no sorrows on the Free Bet Pages , arrdee wont have any of that . always remember its enjoyment for you City fans , If we win some money for the Academy all well and good , but its not the be all and end all , Its just something I set up for you City fans to have some fun with .

Always remember Its your Free Bet not mine .Its a gift from me to all you City supporters to do what you like with . I don''t want to hear sorry or thanks Its just something in place for you to use .

Now on to next week when its down to the [*] "we8wba" who is the U.S.A. at the moment , hence the message board quiet .I wonder if they will let him come home or will they want to keep him ? No doubt the whole N.F.L. has been reorganised under him .What a [*] .arrdee.[:D]

Please don''t blame yourself LC, I should have checked the fixtures before making the selections. We all make mistakes and at the end of the day if Aldershot had won we would have been home with better odds than if they had have played at home. We were very unlucky but we all gave it a good go.

I realize as I write this I will possibly annoy a few people who are, admittedly, having a little fun but I think we are simply being "too nice" guys. If we want to put a few more victories on the board this season then we need to do better. We have to be more careful and more thorough in how each of us make selections in the first instance. Being more thorough means looking farther afield in all leagues, it means reviewing teams who may have key players missing in the upcoming game, which team may have  a lot riding on a particular game, where is a poor run of form being experienced in the past two or three games not simply based upon the results but on the performances in those results. Once individual selections have been made it is then the responsibility of the weekly selector to go over everything with the same due diligence before making the final selections. If you think this is overkill on my part you may very well be correct, however, my point is that the odds of calling six games correctly will always be against us even if WE DO EVERYTHING RIGHT. I made a mistake last week in going away from that kind of due diligence and it cost us.