Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

We are what we are!

We are what we are!

The last 2 performances has shown clearly what we are and were we are in the scheme of things. We can see that we have greatly improved our tactical nouce and organisation. But we are still bless with the same poor players. They are a tribute to a manager who can get the most out of them. That is the real difference between Grant and Roeder so far.

We have won game and won ugly we have battled for draws when behind and we have looked......... Well we have look like a better organised side.

We still have poor players for this level or at least the level we expect and even to be fair the level to which we have be performing recently.

We need creative midfielders we need a commanding mobile target man we need a centre back to play along side an under rated Doherty and we need fullbacks who can defend and attack.

We have a team sprit now we have a harder stance within any game we play with a grit and determination which we lacked in spades just a few months ago but we still have what we have in terms of talent. That will always be a factor in results and performances.

We have I believe an intelligent well respected and well connected manager and we have to hope that he can add skill and quality to a team that has at last found it backbone and fight.

I find myself agreeing 100% with everything you''ve just said... except that  I think in Otsemobor we have a full back who can defend and attack.  What we need is a right sided player in midfield to support him.

Yes I agree we need reinforcements and better players to add to a team that when is on form and being played properly can beat anything in this league.

Charlton boxing day - Conceded a poor goal that Marshall would of saved most times and our play in final 3rd cost us what could and should of been a comfortable win!

Wolves 29th - For 55 minutues the tactics and line up were totally wrong. 4 3 3 wasn''t working, no width on the right and we lacked a target man up front as Cureton together with Evans doesn''t work.

When we replaced Smith with a proper right winger Croft and replaced Evans with Dublin we began to creat prper attacks and chances. No surprise that our goal came from a Dublin flick on. Had we of started game with the same formation we finished with we''d of won comfortably!

Overall 4 dropped points that could prove crucial at the end of the season!