Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

i say stuff the cup - the leagues more important!!!

our small squad has been working hard to put points on the board, even cancelling xmas ( yeah right!!!) but with another run of 2 games a week - the boys are bound to cream crackered come next saturday.  lets face it, it''ll be a dire match - sorry if you''ve bought a ticket!!!after 2 good efforts against higher placed sides, and a tough new years day away fixture to in form palace looming - i think whatever happens at selhurst park shouldn''t influence the team selection for bury at home.  i say give the first team boys a well earned rest, and give our able reserves a run out (bury are 18th in league 2!!!).  we need our first choicers fit and fresh to continue our climb up the ole table - i hate to see a clogging league 2 defender go through the back of curo or matty patty.you know it makes sense?!?

I feel the same LGT although maybe not the wholesale changes you are calling for ( win this and get United away and the rewards may be good) But certainly the likes of the Spilane, Strahavka and Brown should be good enough to beat Bury  and would give them an opportunity to prove a few things - if they have the ability.

If Lewis comes back from Morecombe wouldn''t mind seeing him in action too.

Trouble is, our reserve team doesn''t exactly set the world on fire does it?

Play Big Dave & Co and Bury will win, end of.

Cup runs (especially at home) = ££££s and the Club needs all it can get. Plus it might lift the confidence of the players a bit to put in a few good performances.

I''d say, play the best team available.

[quote user="pete"]

Bury beat City get Man Utd home next City lose £500,000 in recipts could that buy another player? Think about it!  Play your best team a loss against Bury lose any confidence that might have been gained, simple enough.

Spot on.

A home draw in the cup can mean big money.

I don''t think Roeder will be playing a weakened team for this one.

[/quote]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="pete"]

Bury beat City get Man Utd home next City lose £500,000 in recipts could that buy another player? Think about it!  Play your best team a loss against Bury lose any confidence that might have been gained, simple enough.

Spot on.

A home draw in the cup can mean big money.

I don''t think Roeder will be playing a weakened team for this one.

[/quote][/quote]thats true and very good observations you both make - but grant got off to a great start, then put out his strongest team to play port vale away in the carling cup (where worthy was playing 2nd string)  - the game went to extra time, we lost on pens???  anyway - it stuffed us up good and proper, cos the following sat we were back up the potteries  and got hammered by stoke.   croft got crocked by thuggish stoke tackling - and from there on in it never got any better for PG - the start of the slippery slope.  so yeah,while i''d love a plum home tie to man.u - more likely we''d be away to a less glamourous clogging side.  if we largely play a 2nd string - if we win then great, if we don''t - so what, no harm done.can we afford potential FA cup replays??? or cup injuries??? where we are in the league - no in my view.