Sign in to follow this  
Jamie Curetons Green Hair

Chadwick badly missed.

Real blow to lose Chadwick for 3 months. Certainly more of a threat down the right than any other player currently on the books. Targets crosses in to forwards rather than hopeful punts, scores goals  and is comfortable on the ball. Yet another position to occupy Roeder this January.

Great post, I was thinking exactly the same this morning.  All the discussion about playing Jimmy Smith or Croft on the right - what a pity Chadwick is injured - if fit there''d be no argument.  Has he always been this injury-prone?  It seems he hasn''t been able to string more than three consecutive appearances together since joining us. 

We do in my opinion now badly need someone on the right hand side. A natural winger with a bit of pace, puts crosses in and will sacore goals. Not much to ask!

If Smith retuns it needs to be as a cewntre midfield option, whereas Croft is my opinion simply aint good enough. He livens things up with a burst of pace, but has no quality at all.

Seems as if he''s quite happy with Jimmy Smith there at the moment, even though he only occupies the right side on the teamsheet - in reality it''s more of a midfield three with Huckerby floating as a left-sided forward. Hopefully this will be a chance for Crofty to finally get a long-overdue start. I can''t believe that with the fixture congestion over Christmas and the poor form of Smith that Croft hasn''t started a single game. Sure he might run out of steam after 60 minutes, but he''s only going to get full match fitness by playing matches! And I have mentioned this on other threads, but now Bally Smart''s loan has finished he might be worth a punt from the bench. Sounds like he''s a good prospect who''s very direct and has lightning pace, so it could be an opportunity for him to get some first-team football.

Ouch - now that will hurt us...   Need to see Fozzy playing again too otherwise our midfield will continue to struggle