Sign in to follow this  
sydneysider

How many points this season?

I wonder how many points people believe we''ll end the season?

I reckon we''ll be somewhere between 60 and 69. Unless there are some amazing signings in January I can''t see us making the play offs. And after the start we had to the season, 8th to 13th would be a respectable achievement and a good platform to build on for next season

At the moment we have 27, with 21 games left, so a possibel 63 more making 90 in total. Just looked at our fixtures and i reckon it will be about 50-55, i honestly don''t see where you get 60 and 69 from to be honest.

I very much doubt we''ll finish between 8th and 13th... although it depends on what happens in the transfer window but as it stands I think we''re bottom six material. We got 57 points last year and I think we''ll get that at most.

10 wins, 4 draws - that should do it. Looking at fixtures and how many we might win etc doesn''t count for alot in my book. Maybe we won''t make 60 plus but its good to have a target.

As far as wins, draws and losses are concerned i can see it as this:

Wins- Leicster (H), Preston (H), Blackpool (H), Colchester (H), QPR (H),

Draws- Leicster (A), Barnsley (H), Stoke (H), Burnley (H), Coventry (A)

Losses- Palace (A), Barnsley (A), Southampton (A), Cardiff (A), Watford (A), Bristol City (A), Ipswich (A), Hull (H), Sheff Weds (A), Sheff Utd (A)

This gives us another 20 points, making 47 in total

NOT GOOD!!!

The difference between a win and draw in many games is minimal - considering that effects the result by 66% of the hundred available, it''s impossible to guess with any confidence.