Sign in to follow this  
Dirty Lyle

Hendo's new deal

Hendo has got himself a new contract - good on him

We havent seen the best of him yet and now it looks like we might.

i agree with shackell getting a new contract but Hendo shud IMO shud ave only gotta a 1 year deal simply coz he was pants in division 1 so i think he will be pants in the prem

Not at all. Fans got on his back a bit last season expecting too much too young. When he can play, he can play well and we need young players who want to break into the first squad and can only improve in time. He''s got my vote, well done Hendo.

Luke I wouldn''t have said Hendo was pants last year. He had the odd off game but overall, considering his age, I thought he did really well. I would like to see him loaned out next year to get some more experience. I think he has the abaility to be an excellent player. Slating him before we''ve even kicked a ball isn''t going to do his confidence any good Luke

I agree Luke. If he couldn''t cut it in the Nationwide, he certainly won''t be able to in the Elite of Premiership Football. Good little player but miles off Premiership class. Disappointed but all I can do now is hope he proves me wrong! Good move re: Shackell though!

I really dont think that is a fair statement , I think on his day hendo was as exciting as any player we had playing for us last season, he''s young and needs to learn but mark my words he is one for the future and whatever you think of him he played with heart and scored some cracking goals. It might take a few seasons for him to reach his peak and he will only get there if people like you get off his back and give him a chance.

Hendo did, by and large, play out of position...
Imagine Hux playing at left back..? Doubt he''d have faired too well, or Greeno up front..?

Luke, I have to question whether you were actually at some of the games Hendo played in last season. Did you not see the two lovely goals against Millwall, or the very good crosses that set up others to score? Trust Worthy for goodness sake. He wouldn''t be offering the length of contract he is if he didn''t see real potential in the lad for the future. Give him a chance!