Sign in to follow this  
nycanary

Quick Question about Palace Match Tomorrow

HiI get to watch my 2nd ever Norwich match tomorrow.  I''ve supported the club for 28 years and since I''ve never lived in the UK, it just hasn''t happened often enough.  My first ever match was a 2-0 defeat at, yes, Palace.  But I get to go again tomorrow but don''t have a ticket.  Can I just pick up one at Selhurst before kickoff?  Anyone know?I am dead excited.

prob cos they''re support isn''t all that .... why not call them..... would you ask on here what time Ikea opens?Amazing you''ve picked on of THE worst grounds in the entire world to see us play...... twice

NYCanary

I have been to Selhurst Park for the last few years but it is such a s''''''t ground that I am passing this year.

I am sure that you will have tickets at the door, and probably pay about $60 for them and seat in a s~~t seat.

But heay , enjoy yourself.. Last time I was there, NW was in charge in we lost 4-1. The atmosphere was fantastic ( You had to be a Worty Out ).

Enjoy...

Dont think they have a cash turnstile at Palace and dont think you''ll be able to get a ticket to sit with the Norwich fans from there anyway.

You may have  left it a bit late but it might be worth ringing our box office if they are open on New Years Day.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]prob cos they''re support isn''t all that .... why not call them..... would you ask on here what time Ikea opens?Amazing you''ve picked on of THE worst grounds in the entire world to see us play...... twice[/quote]thanks.  very helpful.  maybe coz its late in the evening and i cant ring them up.  maybe coz they might be closed on jan 1.  maybe coz this is a norwich forum and this would be a place to ask (shocking thought, that).  and yes, selhurst park is a horrible place to go but i dont live in england and this is what the fixture list has delivered while i''m here.i''m sorry if i offended your everso practical sensibilities.  and i sincerely hope my 2008 isn''t as miserable as you seem to be.  cheer up, silly person!

thanks all.  hopefully will sort it out and get to watch us finally beat palace at theirs.  how long has it been?  i can''t remember the last time we won there.

[quote user="Grando"]Anyone know what time Ikea opens?[/quote]

I think they are open at 9am today. Best just call them though, you should get in.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Dont think they have a cash turnstile at Palace and dont think you''ll be able to get a ticket to sit with the Norwich fans from there anyway.

You may have  left it a bit late but it might be worth ringing our box office if they are open on New Years Day.

[/quote]

There are loads of tickets left and you can pay on the day as a load of us are doing. £25 for adults.  Meeting in the Railway Telegraph pub by Thornton Heath train station from about 1 o''clock if you fancy it.

We''ve got to win at Shitty Selhurst one day.  Haven''t we?

[quote user="Grando"]Anyone know what time Ikea opens?[/quote]

Oh for God''s sake, would you come on here and ask what time Selhurst Park opens?

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]prob cos they''re support isn''t all that .... why not call them..... would you ask on here what time Ikea opens?

[/quote]

And a happy new year to you, sir!

Does anyone know if a ''New Year''s Day'' edition, of that wonderful and most informative packed with local and interesting stories Evenin'' News - produced by the supreme and most wonderful  Archant, will actually be on sale today?

I need some paper to line the Guinea pig''s hutch........[6][;)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Does anyone know if a ''New Year''s Day'' edition, of that wonderful and most informative packed with local and interesting stories Evenin'' News - produced by the supreme and most wonderful  Archant, will actually be on sale today?

[/quote]

I have some old Ipswich programmes that your Guinea pigs are more than welcome to sh*t on.

[quote user="Vern "][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

I have some old Ipswich programmes that your Guinea pigs are more than welcome to sh*t on.

[/quote]

Sorry Vern, thanks for the offer, but they''re too thick! ........

[quote user="nycanary"][quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]prob cos they''re support isn''t all that .... why not call them..... would you ask on here what time Ikea opens?Amazing you''ve picked on of THE worst grounds in the entire world to see us play...... twice[/quote]thanks.  very helpful.  maybe coz its late in the evening and i cant ring them up.  maybe coz they might be closed on jan 1.  maybe coz this is a norwich forum and this would be a place to ask (shocking thought, that).  and yes, selhurst park is a horrible place to go but i dont live in england and this is what the fixture list has delivered while i''m here.i''m sorry if i offended your everso practical sensibilities.  and i sincerely hope my 2008 isn''t as miserable as you seem to be.  cheer up, silly person![/quote]Yeah....they''d be shut on a match day.....defo....Durrrr........ probably they''re web site giving ticket info was down too.....Toilet paper needed?

[quote user="nycanary"][quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]prob cos they''re support isn''t all that .... why not call them..... would you ask on here what time Ikea opens?

Amazing you''ve picked on of THE worst grounds in the entire world to see us play...... twice
[/quote]

thanks.  very helpful.  maybe coz its late in the evening and i cant ring them up.  maybe coz they might be closed on jan 1.  maybe coz this is a norwich forum and this would be a place to ask (shocking thought, that).  and yes, selhurst park is a horrible place to go but i dont live in england and this is what the fixture list has delivered while i''m here.

i''m sorry if i offended your everso practical sensibilities.  and i sincerely hope my 2008 isn''t as miserable as you seem to be.  cheer up, silly person!

[/quote]

calm down, he wasn''t having a go[^o)] .. i think

[quote user="nycanary"]HiI get to watch my 2nd ever Norwich match tomorrow.  I''ve supported the club for 28 years and since I''ve never lived in the UK, it just hasn''t happened often enough.  My first ever match was a 2-0 defeat at, yes, Palace.  But I get to go again tomorrow but don''t have a ticket.  Can I just pick up one at Selhurst before kickoff?  Anyone know?I am dead excited.[/quote]lets hear your match?day report NYCanary???

[quote]

Does anyone know if a New Years Day edition, of that wonderful and most informative packed with local and interesting stories Evenin'' News - produced by the supreme and most wonderful  Archant, will actually be on sale today?

[/quote]I usually use wood shavings and a bit of hay for ours.Pets at home opens at 7:30 a.m. today.  Hope that helps !

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="nycanary"]HiI get to watch my 2nd ever Norwich match tomorrow.  I''ve supported the club for 28 years and since I''ve never lived in the UK, it just hasn''t happened often enough.  My first ever match was a 2-0 defeat at, yes, Palace.  But I get to go again tomorrow but don''t have a ticket.  Can I just pick up one at Selhurst before kickoff?  Anyone know?I am dead excited.[/quote]lets hear your match?day report NYCanary???[/quote]far far better than the first time i was there.  we looked solid and deserved to win.  excellent in first half.  and fairly even in the 2nd half.  when you''re there, you get to see how dion communicates with the team and rallies them.  see rusty''s energy combined with fozzy''s positional play and distribution.  see semmy''s runs and his potential down the right.  see that camara is a bit slow.  pattison is great to have -- tough lad.  thought off the ball movement was so much better than in some of the matches i''ve seen on TV.  makes a big difference.  i thought doc and shacks were at fault for the goal -- morrison had two yards space either side of him in the box from a setpiece.  thats just not acceptable.  and we do really lack quality up front.  jamie is ok.  he''s not very quick; he''s not likely to dribble past defenders.  he''s not big.  he''s a good finisher but even then, he''s not clinical.  and we have no one who is any better.  i think if we can hang on to ched, that would be a great start -- he held the ball up well, pushed on and almost got a goal.  enjoyed sitting wtih all of you who were there!  great to be around so many norwich fans.  i normally am the only one if at a pub watching the match.  and for those away-day ladies in the crowd, i must admit that some of you are quite fit!  :)  you know who you are in row 11.enjoyed myself a LOT.  i really wish i could be at more matches.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]

Does anyone know if a New Years Day edition, of that wonderful and most informative packed with local and interesting stories Evenin'' News - produced by the supreme and most wonderful  Archant, will actually be on sale today?

[/quote]

I usually use wood shavings and a bit of hay for ours.

Pets at home opens at 7:30 a.m. today.  Hope that helps !
[/quote]

I think you''ll find that wood-shavings are actually taboo for Guinea pigs.....the same as they don''t recommend using straw (too coarse and rigid) for their bedding, as it can damage their eyes apparently........I actually use a base of newspapers - coupled with a bed of hay and some extra ''meadow hay'' for the little darlin''s to nibble on. Oh, and the coloured solid food should also be avoided as it''s not that good for them......Hope that helps!....."SQUEAK!"[:|]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I think you''ll find that wood-shavings are actually taboo for Guinea pigs.....the same as they don''t recommend using straw (too coarse and rigid) for their bedding, as it can damage their eyes apparently........I actually use a base of newspapers - coupled with a bed of hay and some extra ''meadow hay'' for the little darlin''s to nibble on. Oh, and the coloured solid food should also be avoided as it''s not that good for them......Hope that helps!....."SQUEAK!"[:|]

[/quote]Crikey !  Does that mean I can expect a visit from the RSPCGB Swat team ?"PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR, AND MOVE AWAY FROM THE CAGE ! "

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Crikey !  Does that mean I can expect a visit from the RSPCGB Swat team ?

"PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR, AND MOVE AWAY FROM THE CAGE ! "

[/quote]

I''ve already passed your details onto the t wat team......

I buy fruit chew sticks from Pets at Home on Hall Rd. Not only do the Guineas love them but they are also on a 3 for 2 offer at the moment. Newspaper is good but you are right about the straw. Get the Guinea Pig Appreciation Society to come down on Blah like a ton of bricks.

[quote user="nycanary"]and for those away-day ladies in the crowd, i must admit that some of you are quite fit!  :)  you know who you are in row 11.[/quote]I''ve always been struck by the number of fitties at norwich away games! Yet i never see them when out and about in Norwich (which is admittedly rare).

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="nycanary"]

and for those away-day ladies in the crowd, i must admit that some of you are quite fit!  :)  you know who you are in row 11.

[/quote]

I''ve always been struck by the number of fitties at norwich away games! Yet i never see them when out and about in Norwich (which is admittedly rare).
[/quote]

Walking down Prince of Wales on a Saturday night might help. Plenty of Fitties get out and about down there. There is always groups with a couple of fit ones and a couple of mingers. I think fit girls hang around with mingers so thay get more attention.