Sign in to follow this  
Grant Taylor

WHAT POSTION BY END OF THE SEASON ????

At the moment I would bite somebody''s hand off if they offered me a "take it or leave it" guaranteed 21st position. 21st would be good enough after the awful start to the season we have had to endure. Hopefully we should finish a little bit higher than that - maybe 12th. I''m not insanely optimistic enough to predict a play-off place, though.

Palace have proved that if you can put a run together, it only takes 6 or 7 games to get yourselves on the fringes of the play offs. They''re on 38 already, 1 point off the play offs. When we were on 8 and rooted to the bottom, they were on 11. Having said that, i think we probably have too much to do to make 6th, but top 10 or 8 is definitely plausible.

First place. Miracle of miracles....we are going to win the remaining 20 matches in a row and finish first with 88 points. A low total for winning the Championship title for sure, but we''ll take it. The city of Norwich, Norfolk and much of East Anglia will be decked out in yellow and green. Glenn Roeder will go into the history books for all of today''s youth to forever remember. Nutty Nigel will be kissing BlyBly, Mello will be strolling through the streets with Neil Doncaster on his shoulders, and Cluck will be back to co-author a new book with Delia. History is just an event waiting to happen.

Depends if we can get  STRIKER in who can produce goals out of nowhere, Cureton can finish yes, but doesn''t often create himself a chance! Someone like Ameobi in this league will do that!

With the above stated i can see us finishing top half pushing for play offs

Without the above 16th to 12th is more realistic

I''ll go for 6th ! The Rodent has got the players working together in the same direction and "playing some stunning one touch football "  (Radio 5 quote yesterday). This, coupled to Taylor and others coming in during the transfer window, existing loans being extended (Smith excluded) and the fact that the gap between us and 6th is still "bridgeable" encourages my optimism. Maybe the Web Team can record all our predictions and remind us ( ! ) of them at the end of the season ............... over to you cityangel !

[quote user="a1canary"]Palace have proved that if you can put a run together, it only takes 6 or 7 games to get yourselves on the fringes of the play offs. They''re on 38 already, 1 point off the play offs. When we were on 8 and rooted to the bottom, they were on 11.

Having said that, i think we probably have too much to do to make 6th, but top 10 or 8 is definitely plausible.
[/quote]

They are talking on SSN about QPR making an assault on the play offs as its the tightest this league has been in yrs! If they can why cant we? (yes we have to make certain ppl spend!)

In reality it is most likely that we will be several points short of a play-off place although it is not impossible that we could get there. Looking back at previous years it takes about 75 points to make 6th place. The league this New Year doesn''t look particularly different from the way it has in previous years at this time and it seems that 75 points will not be far off what will be required to reach the play-offs this year. We currently have 28 points meaning that we''ll probably need about another 47 to reach 6th place. That equates to 16 wins from our remaining 20 games or 15 wins and 2 draws or 14 wins and 5 draws. That will not happen with our present squad as the fact is that we are not scoring sufficient goals to win the required number of games. Since GR has started rebuilding we''ve gained an average of almost 2 points per game and in anticipation of further strengthening in January that trend should continue. If it does, we will gain another 40 points giving us a total of 68 points which traditionally would see us finish 9th, 10th or 11th. That''s my theory anyway.   

Much will depend on how our board acts in the Jan transfer window. Two days into the window and nothing happened, one would have thought with our perilous position Doncaster would have had things lined up to act on either 1st or 2nd Jan but no. If this transfer window is anything like Worthingtons and little or nothing happens then I think we will see out the rest of the season fighting relegation, should Doncaster get his finger out and bring some new life into the team then I think we could aim for mid table.

As much as my heart says we will sneak the final playoff spot in a stomach churning turn of events a la the season we reached the final against Brum...

We will finish somewhere in the 10-20 spots

Heres to wishing though...

I don''t think the playoffs are a realistic goal this season anymore. However, we have (at least on paper) a decent run of remaining home fixtures, with most other bottom-half teams still having to play at Carrow Road, so we should manage to improve our ranking. I think it will eventually be place 13-17, but wouldn''t rule out a place in the top half if the right players are signed during the transfer window. OTBC!

I think we''d do very well to continue our current form until the end of the season. Although we are unrecognisable from the pub team that was masquerading as NCFC three months ago, it would be a tremendous achievement to get into the top half. We''re still not scoring a great deal of goals, and I wouldn''t back Cureton to rediscover his goalscoring form of last season on current form (his commitment and teamwork is undoubted, but he doesn''t look confident in front of goal). I think we''ll finish about 15th, which will be a decent foundation to further strengthen the squad in the summer and push for the top six next season.

Mello will be strolling through the streets with Neil Doncaster on his shoulders.........ensuring that he walks through and under - every archway, underpass and footbridge that are no higher - than 2.5metres......

I think Roeder will get the lads playing even better over the next coiple of months and the squad can only strenghen in Jan.........8th.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]First place. Miracle of miracles....we are going to win the remaining 20 matches in a row and finish first with 88 points. A low total for winning the Championship title for sure, but we''ll take it. The city of Norwich, Norfolk and much of East Anglia will be decked out in yellow and green. Glenn Roeder will go into the history books for all of today''s youth to forever remember. Nutty Nigel will be kissing BlyBly, Mello will be strolling through the streets with Neil Doncaster on his shoulders, and Cluck will be back to co-author a new book with Delia. History is just an event waiting to happen.[/quote]

Naaaah....... I''m told he slobbers! And in any event Delia just wouldn''t stand for it.

Mind you, I''m sure Doc would give him a whopper. And Doherty scoooooooooooores1

One love.

OTBC

Where we end up is basically down to how much ambition the board got  Christmas but looking at a 750k bid for Taylor when there''s already a 1mil for him don''t looks good for on the pitch investments.

If there are any new off the pitch investments coming up that will also mean the football will suffer as it has in the past.

What happens in this months transfer window will decide for a lot of peoples if they renew their season tickets which is not far away.

Ok if we can keep some of the loans we have and buy in 2 maybe 3 quality players than we could be pushing for the play offs but if the board goes for prudence again it will be a fight to stay up right to the last game. 

So fingers crossed for the first time in years FOOTBALL will come first at Carrow Rd.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

using maths alone we would finish on around 59 points (see my post called Roeders point average which should be posted shortly before this one)

last yr 57 points got us 16th place (joint 15th on points) so hopefully it will be about that or higher

[quote user="Mello Yello"] Mello will be strolling through the streets with Neil Doncaster on his shoulders.........ensuring that he walks through and under - every archway, underpass and footbridge that are no higher - than 2.5metres......[/quote]

Aren''t you allowing him a bit too much headroom, Mello?

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"] Mello will be strolling through the streets with Neil Doncaster on his shoulders.........ensuring that he walks through and under - every archway, underpass and footbridge that are no higher - than 2.5metres......[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ll be on stilts - and also have him facing rearwards and wearing a crown of  barbed wire.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]

[/quote]

I''ll be on stilts - and also have him facing rearwards and wearing a crown of  barbed wire.....

[/quote]

Nope, correction![:$] I''ll be on stilts-he''ll actually be facing forwards (just realised the implications of where my face will be with him facing rearwards on my shoulders) and him wearing a blindfold and a crown of rusty barbed wire......