Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

And Mr. Earnshaw Is On His Way To.....Where?

Not that I think that Earnshaw is on his way to Norwich but, he is not even on the bench for Derby today so what I am curious about is:

• Where is he bound for, another Premiership struggler or a Championship contender? One would have to think the latter.
  • How much will he sell for? It will give a few posters a better read on whether Norwich really got ripped off or not. Personally, I don''t think we did.

Yankee, I am sure you are right and he could be on his way but he wasn''t on the bench today as he was injured!

Clearly he is not good enough for the prem so the fee we got was a good one, although you could say we paid too much in the first place.

I reckon he could go to somewhere like Leicester or Stoke for £1.5M.

I think he''s injured. Derby recalled John Macken and put him on the bench today as cover for Earnshaw.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Not that I think that Earnshaw is on his way to Norwich but, he is not even on the bench for Derby today so what I am curious about is:

• Where is he bound for, another Premiership struggler or a Championship contender? One would have to think the latter.

• How much will he sell for? It will give a few posters a better read on whether Norwich really got ripped off or not. Personally, I don''t think we did.

[/quote]

Probably Ipswich with their imaginary £12 million.

I think you are right, sitting on the bench for a relegation threatened Premier League team means your price is going to drop.I think they would be lucky to get £2million for him now let alone £3million. Sure he can score goals at this level but if you struggle at the next level there are plenty of other strikers about for far less that can do a similar job at this level.In some ways we got better value for money out of Leon McKenzie who did well in the Prem playing with Ashton. Infact I think that Leon going has been the biggest loss to us - you knew he could get goals and wasn''t expensive. Sometimes its not the most obvious players it is difficult to replace.

Earnie can cut it in the Championship but it seems as though the Premiership is ''one step beyond''. I think he was worth more than he was sold for........................but if he didn''t want to play for us he was better gone

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]I do wish the board had shown ''more ambition'' and signed Freddie Eastwood or Billy Sharpe !
[/quote]

Why what have they done for their respective clubs since signing for them?????.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]imho I do believe that Earnshaw is good enough (in the right team) for the Premiership.[/quote]

Me too, I reckon he is at least a good squad player for the Prem. Has scored consistently at international level for a relatively poor Welsh side. It may be that he is one of those "confidence" players who needs careful man management (yes, I know, all footballers are pathetic brats these days !!).

If he does leave Derby I suspect Leicester or QPR would be looking at him along with Charlton or Watford.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="MPR"]He''s injured[/quote]How did he get injured ? Did he fall off the bench?  [:O]

[/quote] Maybe a training injury Lappin?

[quote user="Rupethebear"]

Clearly he is not good enough for the prem .......

[/quote]Clearly? Not at all. He has some.....''personality'' .....problems, but clearly, on ability, he is very much a Prem player......

I don''t care where he goes , I have no time for him as he announced he didn''t want to play for Norwich City anymore . If he doesn''t want to play for my beloved club he can go to you know where .[:@] arrdee

i wouldnt have him back.. incase anyones forgotten he had a buy out clause in his contract.. he never wanted to be here in the first place.. and the same thing would happen again should we buy him back.. We''ll leave that Greedy Mercenary to rot where he is thank u very much!

jas :)

Blimey, considering the song and dance on this board when he left this is all very inconsistent.[:O]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]..............take Earnshaw back on loan? Hes not getting anywhere at derby, we could do with him now the defence is sorted so why not:?[/quote]

Although I agree with your thinking Arthur I just could not chant his name at Carrow Rd anymore. He stuck two fingers up to every single one of us when he negotiated his terms for coming here in the first place. Although some may not care about that side of things and are just happy to see goals being scored, I am all for principles and morals.

I know it may be cutting off my nose to spite my face but as far as I am concerned Robert Earnshaw burnt his bridge when he left and should never be allowed to return. That also goes for anyone else who uses our club as a means to a bigger move.

[quote user="Vern "]

That also goes for anyone else who uses our club as a means to a bigger move.

[/quote]

You mean ambitious players?  Take football for what it is these days, if signing Erny back would be good for the club, do it.  I don''t feel we need another small striker and would rather the money was invested in someone taller.  Also his Premiership stock has fallen so much his value may never rise again.