Sign in to follow this  
Beaker

Huckerby has lost it...

Anyone else agree that Huckerby is rapidly becoming a liability to this team. Hes lost his sparkle and is now just an average player who cant header or tackle. i say get a speedy left winger in january and use huckerby as a sub.

He''s lost that spark that''s for sure, he used to be able to skim the players, now he can''t.  He used to win the ball and keep it, now he can''t win or keep it.  His crosses are awful and he''s too weak on the ball.

He is living on past glories i''m afraid.

Paint me yellow, that was one of the best posts I have seen in a long time....

Er... He did seem rather off the pace in the last... games. Problem is, a player like him doesnt have anything to offer once their speed runs out.

Please say ronaldo ages like a dog...

Roeders "Lets worry about  new contracts later in the season" is more about whether Hucks and co are worth offering a new contract.  Whilst we are on the subject, am I the only one who thinks Croft is all huff and puff and no end product. How many goals has he scored? How many assists has he? Perhaps Roeder and Grant knows more about football than the average City fan!

no player no matter how talented they are can be 100% brilliant all of the time, look at gerrard for england or ronaldo against reading yesterday! give hucks the respect that he deserves, the opposistion do thats why wolves had three defenders tracking him every time he went down the wing. huckerby is a player that any championship manager whould have in his team because he has tremendous skill and its not all about pace its about reading the game and being creative and he does that most of the time. darren is a legend at NCFC and a totally loyal player who could have left us on numerous occasions for the glitter and glamour of the premiership. I just hope and pray that he playes another season for us.

[quote user="rainbow"]no player no matter how talented they are can be 100% brilliant all of the time, look at gerrard for england or ronaldo against reading yesterday! give hucks the respect that he deserves, the opposistion do thats why wolves had three defenders tracking him every time he went down the wing. huckerby is a player that any championship manager whould have in his team because he has tremendous skill and its not all about pace its about reading the game and being creative and he does that most of the time. darren is a legend at NCFC and a totally loyal player who could have left us on numerous occasions for the glitter and glamour of the premiership. I just hope and pray that he playes another season for us.[/quote]agree with alot of that - but its also true that hucks has lost alot of his pace (maybe his hip isn''t right???) and the tricks that used to work often don''t.  he''s probably frustrated that he can''t do what he used to.  ole hucks is just looking mortal these days - but often people forget that - happy to build ''em up and then knock ''em down. can hucks still a job for city??? at the the mo - yes.

So he''s had a couple of mediocre games and as usual he''s going to get slated.

What is it about fans that players go from hero to zero so quickly. Have people forgotton what he''s done for us since he''s been here, he''s given us his loyalty, his heart, pleasure and excitement. He''s terrorized the opposition, he''s been a real danger down that left wing, he''s scored some great goals and some great assists

Lets wait and see what Hucks wants to do and then lets remember all his good times and give him the support and send off if needbe that he deserves.

well if he has three defenders predicting marshalls pass out to him then he is doing the right thing because we need to keep the ball, not lose it!

This is not meant to be having a go at Huckerby but he has a massive ego, maybe all top sports people require that, he has to be the centre of attention and when he isn''t then he will not perform. That in my opinion and his age.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Yes but no-one''s beyond criticism, no matter how much of a legend they are. If, like anyone else, he plays badly (and recently he has) then I don''t really know how it can be defended.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Yes but no-one''s beyond criticism, no matter how much of a legend they are. If, like anyone else, he plays badly (and recently he has) then I don''t really know how it can be defended.

[/quote]

I agree that noone is beyond criticism but to have these regular threads to say he''s a liability to the team is ridiculous.

2 weeks ago people on here ripped apart Doherty,  last week it was Jimmy Smith and now you start on Hucks.  Whos next???? the norwich fans owe a hell of a lot to Hucks for his contribution to not only promotion to the prem but also trying his damned hardest to keep this team going through a very bad patch.  Every good player goes through a rough patch and hes having his.  get off his back and lets see what he can do when Roeder handles January. 

blxxdy hell what do you have to do to get respect from some city fans, yea Hucks is having a bad season but last time i looked, so was all the blxxdy team, in case some of you aint noticed we are 20th and staying up is far from guarenteed, but hey lets blame hucks, not the midfield who could not pass water, in fact a team that is though on an average run, is still way short of being acceptable.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Next time Marshall has the ball and is looking for an outlet watch what Huckerby does....[/quote]

What does he do Pete?

[quote user="cityangel"]

What is it about fans that players go from hero to zero so quickly. Have people forgotton what he''s done for us since he''s been here, he''s given us his loyalty, his heart, pleasure and excitement. He''s terrorized the opposition, he''s been a real danger down that left wing, he''s scored some great goals and some great assists

Lets wait and see what Hucks wants to do and then lets remember all his good times and give him the support and send off if needbe that he deserves.

[/quote]

Orgasmic stuff angel, but it does seem he needs a little v*agra these days. Comes to all of us in the end.

It''s debatable if he can get himself up for another season though.

OTBC

OTBC

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Next time Marshall has the ball and is looking for an outlet watch what Huckerby does....[/quote]

Probably have a go at Marshall as the clueless fool punts another ball aimlessly over Jamie Curetons head.

jas :)

[quote user="Optimisticcanary"]2 weeks ago people on here ripped apart Doherty,  last week it was Jimmy Smith and now you start on Hucks.  Whos next???? the norwich fans owe a hell of a lot to Hucks for his contribution to not only promotion to the prem but also trying his damned hardest to keep this team going through a very bad patch.  Every good player goes through a rough patch and hes having his.  get off his back and lets see what he can do when Roeder handles January. 
[/quote] Nice one Optimistic. I was going to have my say, but CA and Rainbow have said it all for me. Just to add though, to those who think he''s a liability, just wait until he is no longer here.

Of course Huckerby is no longer the player he used to be. You don''t have to be a genius to recognise that as a player moves inexorably into his 30''s, especially a player such as Hucks, the legs start to go. Not only that but is is a well known fact that he he hasn''t been fully fit for some time. However, he still has much to offer both in terms of his experience but also as a "super sub" who could come on with, say, 20 minutes to go, give it his all for that short space of time, force the other side into a radical change of tactics and turn the game. Let''s also not forget the debt of loyalty that we owe him. I''m not saying that we should keep him on only through a sense of loyalty. Of course, that would be idiotic but don''t turn on him when, finally,  he no longer has enough to offer. Anyway, my opinion is that, for the reasons already stated, we and the club  should continue to back him as long as he continues to want our backing ....... and he may not !     

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Orgasmic stuff angel, but it does seem he needs a little v*agra these days. Comes to all of us in the end.

It''s debatable if he can get himself up for another season though.

OTBC

[/quote]

Maybe he wont be able to manage another season, who knows, all more the reason for people to stop slating him and let him go out on a high.

Surely he deserves that?

whilst i agree that Hucks has been a legend for us... I can also agree with the points of others that there is no room for Passengers in the team.

Hucks hasnt been sharp for a few games now, and looks far slower then he did 12 months ago...

He deserves praise and lots of it for his past acheivements.. but we must also remember that Living on Past glories wont genrate future Successes.

Matthew Pattison would be a good replacement for hucks with the added incentive that he gets stuck in and can win the ball... Perhaps not one of hucks strong points.

my opinion is that if LA Galaxy are wanting hucks we should try and cash in on him and not lose him for nothing at the end of the season, the money could then, hopefully, be re invested into signing Pattison permanently... would make good sense.

I do feel once Fozzy is fit again and Pattison is back on the left (should he sign for longer) then Hucks will find himself reduced to Benched bit parter/impact player.. Similar to Lee Croft.

Time will tell

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

What does he do Pete?

[/quote]

I think he hides...others may say that he gets heavily marked, but he really doesn''t seem to be putting himself about like he used to. I think he misses Adam Drury, who used to put at least 80 % of his passes to Hucks, almost as if he dare not do otherwise. He really seems reticent to strike up that same pattern with Mo Camara, almost as if he resents Mo''s attacking runs down the left.

Someone earlier on this thread said Hucks has a huge ego...Yes, I believe that too...he wants to be centre stage and with all the personality changes in the team over the last few months I think Hucks feels squeezed out. He may not be 100%, ...he may be slowing down in his old age...oppositions may be much wiser to his style of play...BUT dont discount that Hucks is having a bit of quiet rebellion, trying to re assert himself as Mr Norwich City.

Huckerby can probably still cause havoc against weak or disorganised

teams, but a well-managed, muscular, organised team like Wolves will

generally nullify his threat fairly comfortably, and expose his

defensice liabilities.

I think he still has a role to play for us, as long as he can cope with not being the superstar.

It was good to see Roeder taking him off on Sat, as it was clearly not his day.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"][quote user="Optimisticcanary"]2 weeks ago people on here ripped apart Doherty,  last week it was Jimmy Smith and now you start on Hucks.  Whos next???? the norwich fans owe a hell of a lot to Hucks for his contribution to not only promotion to the prem but also trying his damned hardest to keep this team going through a very bad patch.  Every good player goes through a rough patch and hes having his.  get off his back and lets see what he can do when Roeder handles January. 
[/quote] Nice one Optimistic. I was going to have my say, but CA and Rainbow have said it all for me. Just to add though, to those who think he''s a liability, just wait until he is no longer here.[/quote]

Arsenal fans said the same thing about thierry Henry.... they dont miss him either.

As far as I''m concerned, as long as you pick up the pay cheque you should put in the work. You don''t trade off what you did in the past, and IMO Huckerby''s doing that. Huckerby was indeed fantastic in is first half-season and has shown flashs since then, but they''re increasingly rare. Anyone who saw him fail to run for a good through-ball from (I think) Cureton in the Charlton game must have felt sick and angry.