Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

Has James Hollman really been sacked?

[quote user="Savenell"]

Was Gunny warming up the goalies again today or not?

[/quote]

I would imagine he did as take a look at the photo of Roeder on the official site, main headline, and look who you can''t miss in the background...

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]It looks like Roeders connections spread far and wide.[/quote]Well, all over Newcastle :-P"Wright played with

Norwich City manager Glen Roeder and his assistant at Carrow Road Lee Clark

during his time with Newcastle United.The Canaries reserve team

boss Paul Stephenson was also in the Magpies squad at that time and the

opportunity of working with them looks like being one that is too good to

turn down."

i used to train with james hollman, and he was a really really nice, enthusiastic guy and an awesoome coach.

look what''s happened to greeny and joe lewis while he was their coach.

this is the only bad and unfair decision of Roeders.

Jimmy didnt deserve to go, and Gunn, what a farce, he could even run - did you see how slow he was when warming up marshall and arnold.

Still no word about what has actually happened - can someone please tell us!

[quote user="canaryofbury"]

i used to train with james hollman, and he was a really really nice, enthusiastic guy and an awesoome coach.

look what''s happened to greeny and joe lewis while he was their coach.

this is the only bad and unfair decision of Roeders.

Jimmy didnt deserve to go, and Gunn, what a farce, he could even run - did you see how slow he was when warming up marshall and arnold.

Still no word about what has actually happened - can someone please tell us!

[/quote]exactly no one knows, therefore lets stop jumping on glenns back for it? there could be a perfectly reasonable explanation.

You''d have to say that given the quality of keepers rolling off the Academy conveyor belt, that it was the one thing that weren''t broke. So why fix it?

[quote user="cityangel"]

Presume the club will tell us whats happened to Hollman now we''ve got a new coach

[/quote]

I admire your optimism CA, but I suspect it is misplaced!  Besides, they are unlikely to reveal the real reasons even if they do make a statement.

This was reported on here way before we got an inexplicit admission that Hollman had gone, that we had a new goalkeeping coach. But it got deleted. Surely, this is what the internet is for, an exchange of information. If the guy posting the information had been wrong then everyone would have found out and he would have lost his reputation and he could have been banned from the board. As it was, he was spot on and helped reveal a rather shady, dishonest chapter in this clubs dealings.

As a former journalist, I can''t believe the news story on the Pink ''Un doesn''t include the line. "Wright replaces James Hollman." Perhaps there is a contractual dispute and the club can''t give information about that but the clear fact is Hollman has left NCFC and will be replaced by Wright but there has been no official confirmation of Hollman leaving. The PR office at Norwich is failing badly. The journalists at Pink ''Un are showing their amateurism. The whole thing is a shambles as the goal-keeping production line from the academy is the only consistent performer at the club. Hollman certainly can''t have gone because of incompetence. It does seem unjust.

tbh i hadn''t heard of james holman until the start of this thread.  however, it seems he''s been at city a long time, and had a hand in developing some good talent - and bringing the boys through.  greeno, and now joe, and arnold is quite handy too.  we''ve seen many youth plyers turn up with promise, only to disappoint - but it seems that with keepers at least - we''ve been able to realise the talent of this boys.  it would be churlish to deny the goalkeeping coach at least some of the credit.the goalkeeping coach  now coming in is an ole mate of roedy''s - and i''m sure he''s well qualified etc. but personally, i don''t think its good practice to surround yourself with ole team mates - for obvious reasons.so bon voyage james and thanks for your contribution to NCFC. 

[quote user="Mark Smith"]

Well it seems the club has finally seen fit to make a public announcement on the situation.

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1206999,00.html

I can''t help but think that they''ve waited until the day we get a few new signings to ''bury'' the news. Notice how it''s placed low on the list of news items on the club''s homepage...

[/quote]

I think you could have a point there - odd also that the official site has no mention of the Joe Lewis story either yet when they open a new burger bar it''s plastered all over the place.  It''s enough to make you cynical lol.

looks like they could end up with egg on their face, and gunn on the pitch for a while, because Tommy Wright, the man theyd lined up has turned the job down to stay with Ballymena.

[quote user="Mud Man"]

As a former journalist, I can''t believe the news story on the Pink ''Un doesn''t include the line. "Wright replaces James Hollman." Perhaps there is a contractual dispute and the club can''t give information about that but the clear fact is Hollman has left NCFC and will be replaced by Wright but there has been no official confirmation of Hollman leaving. [/quote]

Hi folks, i''ve been keeping an eye on this thread since the story broke in Ballymena here about our manager Tommy Wright being approached by Norwich. At a meeting of our board at 4pm today Tommy Wright pledged his future to Ballymena United and has NOT taken the job offer from Norwich. A surprise to us all given last night we were all resigned to the fact he was leaving.

Just wanted to reply to the above comment the the ''journalists at Pink''un are showing their amateurism'', maybe the journalists at Pink''un were waiting to see if there was a story in the first place [;)]

Good luck for the season guys and hope yous do well.

cheers

totally agree with you there. why cant doomcaster or someone from the club be honest and tell us the real reason why james left. has heard a rumour that watford wanted him but he was happy here until the joe lewis thing. as i say rumour so dont know how true

i know some people on here claim to know him quite well, if that is the case why dont they ask him and then report back to us either through here or personal email, that way the club would be forced to admit the real reason.

[quote user="Mud Man"]

This was reported on here way before we got an inexplicit admission that Hollman had gone, that we had a new goalkeeping coach. But it got deleted. Surely, this is what the internet is for, an exchange of information. If the guy posting the information had been wrong then everyone would have found out and he would have lost his reputation and he could have been banned from the board. As it was, he was spot on and helped reveal a rather shady, dishonest chapter in this clubs dealings.

As a former journalist, I can''t believe the news story on the Pink ''Un doesn''t include the line. "Wright replaces James Hollman." Perhaps there is a contractual dispute and the club can''t give information about that but the clear fact is Hollman has left NCFC and will be replaced by Wright but there has been no official confirmation of Hollman leaving. The PR office at Norwich is failing badly. ''Un are showing their amateurismThe journalists at Pink . The whole thing is a shambles as the goal-keeping production line from the academy is the only consistent performer at the club. Hollman certainly can''t have gone because of incompetence. It does seem unjust.

[/quote]First of all, will you prove to us all where the club have been DISHONEST !!

Second, by your remarks it''s not hard to see why you are a FORMER JOURNALIST.

And thirdly, it seems that you are drawing conclusions without knowing any facts.

Everyone is quoting Hollmans successes i.e. Green, Lewis, but what about his failures.......

Darren Ward, Lee Camp Tony Warner, Paul Gallacher. If he was so good, why didn''t one of these become city''s No1, and why did we have to buy David Marshall ?

It seems to me young man, that you have learned enough in your short career to exploit a tasty headline but then don''t have the capacity to back it up with facts. Back to school with you. BAH !!

Must admit that I had not heard of James Hollman before this tread, but it would appear on the surface he has been doing a very good job for a few years now.

Now until there is official confirmation I guess we are all shooting in the dark, but a James Hollman keeper might be able to save one of those shots!

Still if he is that talented I guess he will have many job offers and all the best to him if that''s the case. Seems a strange decision to make, but new chief and new broom I guess.

Tommy Wright.Goalkeeping coach change at City
Norwich City are poised to announce a new goalkeeping coach. Tommy Wright is expected to resign as manager of Ballymena United to take up the position.

1). Hollman went way before Christmas (nice timing). The club have said nothing about him leaving until today when there is news about the signings of Pattinson, Camara & Bertrand. (Right out of the New Labour school of bury difficult news). That is dishonest in itself. They had to come out with it it because they were trying to line up a replacement.

2). The headline on the web site suggests that Wright''s signing was a done deal. Now that Wright has refused they are not very poised, are they? Still, Hollman''s dismissal was not mentioned in this story. It is just very poor journalism.

3). I''m a former journalist by choice because the money was poor.

4). <<Everyone is quoting Hollmans successes i.e. Green, Lewis, but what about his failures.......

<<Darren Ward, Lee Camp Tony Warner, Paul Gallacher. If he was so good, why didn''t one of these become city''s No1, and why did we have to buy David Marshall ?>>

Right, Green, Lewis and Arnold can all be touted as successes and there is another good one in the academy at the moment, Declan Rudd. So, three successes with another potential one on the way. How many other Academy products have broken through? Shackell is the only regular player from the Academy.

Eagle, Halliday, Spillane, Martin, Smart & Bexfield have not broken through. So the goalkeeping success rate completely outweighs the "failures" you mention, particularly in comparison to the output of outfield players.

5). <<And thirdly, it seems that you are drawing conclusions without knowing any facts.>>

I''m related to one of the playing staff. So I think it is you drawing conclusions without knowing any facts.

6). <<It seems to me young man, that you have learned enough in your short career to exploit a tasty headline but then don''t have the capacity to back it up with facts. Back to school with you. BAH !!>>

I''m not young. The facts are clear for everyone to see. After two degrees I have had enough of studying thank you. Cut the condescension.

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]

totally agree with you there. why cant doomcaster or someone from the club be honest and tell us the real reason why james left. has heard a rumour that watford wanted him but he was happy here until the joe lewis thing. as i say rumour so dont know how true

i know some people on here claim to know him quite well, if that is the case why dont they ask him and then report back to us either through here or personal email, that way the club would be forced to admit the real reason.

[/quote]

Have a look on Wrath of the Barclay - the reason is on there, in a thread started 4th Jan at 9.00am.

thanks tim....am i reading into that correctly then that he gave an agent a keepers phone number...possibly lewis''s. if so good on you james, looking after the interests of one of your own. good luck for the future and i am sure you will prove a lot of people wrong

Well, if he gave a keeper''s number to an agent, while it might be "good on him" to look after one of his keepers, thats not his job and it could represent a conflict of interest.  Especially if that new agent for the GK (Lewis?) prompted him to leave the club, that would sound like a sackable offense to me.

[quote user="Tim Allman"][quote user="matt crowhurst"]

[/quote]

Have a look on Wrath of the Barclay - the reason is on there, in a thread started 4th Jan at 9.00am.

[/quote]

All I can find is a title: "Replacement for Hollman". Has something been deleted?

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"][quote user="Tim Allman"][quote user="matt crowhurst"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

All I can find is a title: "Replacement for Hollman". Has something been deleted?

[/quote]

No Matt, it is there. Look for a post from entitled " apparently Hollman " which was posted at 9.19am. There is a follow on underneath .....

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"][quote user="Tim Allman"][quote user="matt crowhurst"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Apologies Matt......my reply should have been to JJG

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Well, if he gave a keeper''s number to an agent, while it might be "good on him" to look after one of his keepers, thats not his job and it could represent a conflict of interest.  Especially if that new agent for the GK (Lewis?) prompted him to leave the club, that would sound like a sackable offense to me.[/quote]

If this is true then I would say that it is a sackable offence but if it did happen then why can''t NCFC explain, in broad terms, why James Hollman has gone ?

With all this '' open-ness '' the Club keep banging on about why all this '' cloak and dagger '' stuff ? It would be suffice to say that it was an internal disciplinary matter and leave it at that or bring out the '' mutual consent '' line if all else fails.......

Tommy Wright isnt coming now

BALLYMENA United Football Club is delighted to announce that manager Tommy Wright will be remaining at the football club following his rejection of a move to English Championship side Norwich City.

The Canaries had made an official approach to Tommy with the offer of the role of goalkeeping coach at Carrow Road but, happily, following a board meeting this afternoon he signalled his intent to stay at The Showgrounds.

Speaking this evening, Tommy said: “I know I have made the right decision and it’s one I’m happy with.

“When you are presented with an opportunity like that, you have to give it serious consideration and that’s what I did.

“I’ve started something at Ballymena that I want to finish and hopefully we can go on in the manner that we have been doing.