Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

Has James Hollman really been sacked?

Big Big mistake if he has, hugely influential to Robert Green and more recently Joe Lewis. A superb goalkeeping coach, its no concidence that the only thing our academy has been producing in modern times is goalkeepers.

Mistake, simple as.

He is still listed in the match day programme as the Goalkeeping coach. I''ve not heard anything about him being sacked. I presumed he wasn''t warming up the two ''keepers yesterday was because he was away or something like that.

[quote user="ryank"]

Just that somebody quoted this on another thread:

"hollman was sacked last week?....to be replaced by mark crossley??? apparantly.."

Hope its rubbish.

[/quote]i said that...i saw gunny warming up the keepers at scunny and then got told that hollman were leaving so crossley would be player coach..would be a shame if hollman has gone.

he isn''t ill. i saw him having a few social beers the friday nite before scunny game and then as previously said he was nowhere to be seen at scunny.

I know I don''t post much but he did leave 2 weeks ago by mutual consent (ie sacked)...

Thought this was common knowledge now...  

Has someone deleted a couple of posts from this thread?

One was from a friend of James saying he''d been sacked just before Xmas and one was from me asking him why he''d been sacked?

[quote user="cityangel"]

One was from a friend of James saying he''d been sacked just before Xmas and one was from me asking him why he''d been sacked?

[/quote]I saw that too CA. Will the mods kindly explain why they saw it neccessary to remove a fairly innocuous post from a new poster?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]I saw that too CA. Will the mods kindly explain why they saw it neccessary to remove a fairly innocuous post from a new poster?

[/quote]

I replied to that first time poster, my reply was in no way out of order, but I never saw it on the board and the other post disappeared.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I replied to that first time poster, my reply was in no way out of order, but I never saw it on the board and the other post disappeared.

[/quote]The plot thickens nutty. The post was a clear statement saying Holman was sacked before Christmas so we must assume that someone didn''t want this news announced before the clubs official statement. That then begs the question, who was behind the decision to delete. Archant or the club??

[quote user="Web Team - Pat"]

I''m not aware of why it was removed - but we do not delete posts without good cause.

[/quote]

Well the poster basically said that he was a friend of Hollman and had a little pop at the club, I won''t say what he said because obviously that''s why it was deleted. He then had a pop at us for supporting them. "Nice club you lot support" were his words. This was the part I replied to because I felt it was unneccessary. I also couldn''t resist pointing out that if we were no longer a ''nice club'' it would make some of the posters on here very happy.

[quote user="Web Team - Pat"]

I''m not aware of why it was removed - but we do not delete posts without good cause.

[/quote]

I posted here too but I''m not sure if it ever appeared at all... It''s all very well saying this but an e-mail to the member whose post has been deleted explaining why surely wouldn''t hurt. It''s not as if I wrote anything insulting; it''s not obvious to me why it didn''t make it through...

Today''s EDP quotes Glenn Roeder as saying that Holman is on holiday at the moment and that the club will make a further statement regarding Holman when the time is right - or words to that affect. If he has been sacked, why be so reluctant to say so? If he hasn''t been sacked, why not issue a statement reaffirming that James Holman is still in his post? The plot thickens!

OK, OK...

The post first came through for moderation yesterday to me. I did not allow it to go through, and I explained to the poster why in the deletion message.

It seems to have been posted again regardless, and got through a different moderator. I deleted it again last night.

My reasons are that while speculation is one thing, it''s not fair for someone to come on here as an unofficial spokesman for James Hollman.

I have no idea whether this person does know James, nor do I know whether James would like it to be made publicly known that he has been sacked - if indeed he has.

Having said that, so many of these seem to have got through that it''s hardly worth trying to stick my finger in the dam now!

Celia

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]Today''s EDP quotes Glenn Roeder as saying that Holman is on holiday at the moment and that the club will make a further statement regarding Holman when the time is right - or words to that affect. If he has been sacked, why be so reluctant to say so? If he hasn''t been sacked, why not issue a statement reaffirming that James Holman is still in his post? The plot thickens![/quote] Sounds suspiciously like gardening leave. A shame as a straight answer by way of official statement would make the club sound more credible. We don''t need to know the ins and outs, just if he''s still in the job or not. Not too difficult.

wow i didnt realise i would be causing so much hassle.. I did not have a go at the club i just merely pointed out it was not a very nice thing to sack someone the week before xmas.

All I was doing was confirming the question that he had been sacked.. Fact that the club are saying he is on holiday may be due to the fact that he was sacked for crap reasons.

[quote user="iusedtobegood"]

wow i didnt realise i would be causing so much hassle.. I did not have a go at the club i just merely pointed out it was not a very nice thing to sack someone the week before xmas.

[/quote]

Well you have to remember that the moderation on this board is appalling at times. Posts like yours get deleted but others that insult other members get left on here; work that one out.

Its seems to me that he might of been sacrificed as GR saw no need to keep Gunny in the job that Grant put him in as GR would rather do that job himself? therefore as Gunny is such a legend at the club it was easier to put him into the position as GK coach and sack poor Hollman... purely a theory but a credible one?

i would agree that the real reason is GR probably didnt want him anymore and wants to bring in his own man, and if that was the reason Jim was given I think he would be ok with it. The reality was somewhat different.

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]Its seems to me that he might of been sacrificed as GR saw no need to keep Gunny in the job that Grant put him in as GR would rather do that job himself? therefore as Gunny is such a legend at the club it was easier to put him into the position as GK coach and sack poor Hollman... purely a theory but a credible one?[/quote]Ok so let me get this straight:James Hollman, qualified goalkeeping coach, has overseen Greeno, Lewis, and generally done a fine joborGunn, legend at the club fair enough, but overweight, no coaching experience (other than the kiddies on Junior Soccer Fun Days or whatever) and offered any post at the club as long as there is one? I bet he isn''t cheap either.Something stinks with this whole "jobs for friends" business and I was hoping it would have been eradicated by now