Sign in to follow this  
Jarroldstander

£18 for Bury!!!

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Jarroldstander"]I''m purely moaning about the extra £6, i understand that i get a better view but to add a third to the price seems a bit harsh.[/quote]

I think the first part of your statement is the correct bit...

In almost every business going, you pay more for better quality (There are obviously some exceptions).

I wouldn''t expect to walk into a designer clothes shop, pick up a pair of Jeans, and then go an moan at the manager because they cost a third more than an alternative at a ''cheaper'' shop. It''s simply the price you pay for better items.

A brand new car, can for example cost £10k, so would you walk into a BMW garage and kick off that their cheapest option is well over a third more than this???

If the point is about the overall price of ALL tickets being too high, you''d have a fair point. Also, being fair, you don''t have to sit in that location, cheaper alternatives were available.

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh with this, but I simply fail to understand the logic in complaining about basic economics that are practicised across the business world as a whole - The better (or more exclusive) the product - the higher the price, you don''t like the price - buy something cheaper...

[/quote]

Surely a few quid off for the ''loyal'' season ticket holding fraternity who''ve purchased their seat for the Bury FA Cup game - wouldn''t hurt the coffers too much would it?   

If we manage to win the tie and draw a big-GUN at home.....then yes, normal prices would no doubt be acceptable.

Why pay the cost of a fresh cream chocolate eclair - when all you''re actually getting, is a scone with butter? 

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Canary Nut - If is is based on the quality of the seat you are seating on (rather than the position of that seat within the stand) then Norwich City should be paying me to watch the Bury game (or installing a nice new shiny replacement seat...)[/quote]

FFS., dont give the NCFC. board an idea as to where they can spend more money on fixed assets!!!

I may not be a City fan (The missus is so we are in the Barclay today) but to put jarroldstander''s comment into context its "only" £20 to watch Spurs v Reading at the Lane today. £2 difference - that to me isnt much to watch two premiership sides?

[quote user="stagjones"]

I may not be a City fan (The missus is so we are in the Barclay today) but to put jarroldstander''s comment into context its "only" £20 to watch Spurs v Reading at the Lane today. £2 difference - that to me isnt much to watch two premiership sides?

[/quote]

£20![:O] And that''s in the expensive and costly ''Laaaandaaaaan''.........''If ''we get through to the next round, and fortunately draw a Premiership side at home.......see how much our club charges for that game.[:|]

Right, I''m now puttin'' on my manky pants an'' lucky trainers - and then it''s off to Carra...... to see if I''m gonna get my £18.00 worth of football.[8-)]

C''mon City!

Thank god I didn''t pay £18 or whatever it is for adult students. Sat all nice and warm at home listening to our wonderful performance on radio norfolk.

[quote user="Jarroldstander"]

Just because i sit in the middle of the Jarrold stand my ticket will cost me £18 where as most other areas are £12, what am i really getting for £6 extra? 

[/quote]

Durrrrr......

[quote user="Canary Nut"]Why pay £18 to sit in the Jarrold stand when you could have paid £18 to sit in the Cathedral lounge and watched the half time entertainment of a scrum down for the biccies?[/quote]

No creamy ones for the Bury game......Times is ''ard.....

Oh well, at least a ''Ginger Nut'' ensured that we''re in the pot for the 4th round draw.....Just got to survive the replay at Gigg Lane.