Sign in to follow this  
Jarroldstander

£18 for Bury!!!

Just because i sit in the middle of the Jarrold stand my ticket will cost me £18 where as most other areas are £12, what am i really getting for £6 extra? 

A better view... if you don''t want to pay it, move somewhere else for the game. It''s simple logic really, you pay more for the better seats.

[quote user="Jarroldstander"]

Just because i sit in the middle of the Jarrold stand my ticket will cost me £18 where as most other areas are £12, what am i really getting for £6 extra? 

[/quote]Not alot. Hence my decision not to sit there [:)]

I sit in the Cathedral Lounge and also have to pay £18.00.......that''s 6 pints of Guinness (without a PIE!)......

It is a bit steep I agree, but if we want ''quality''.....we therefore have to pay for it......I''m sure our "keyboard cyberspace astronut accounting assumption-eer''s" will be able to explain in great detail why they think it''s necessary to charge that ''amount'' in one area.....when other folk only pay £12.00.[:|]

It''ll also give a few quid to Bury from the gate receipts......[Y]

I have to say I think that there''s nothing unfair about a ticket policy whereby you pay more for the best seats in the house, Jarroldstander. This is common practice in the entertainment industry. All theatres have premium priced seats for shows, as do music venues. Are you seriously saying that you would be happy to pay the same amount to sit at the back, miles from the stage, to watch the Rolling Stones (insert favourite band of your choice here), as those who have the best seats near the front??

i remember the good old Days when it was £15 to sit in the barclay and that was the most expensive ticket in the house! bring back the days of 9,000 Crowds, Adrian Coote missing from 3 centimeters out and 7 goal thrillers against Port Vale!! AAah the memories! :D

jas :)

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I sit in the Cathedral Lounge and also have to pay £18.00.......that''s 6 pints of Guinness (without a PIE!)......

It is a bit steep I agree, but if we want ''quality''.....we therefore have to pay for it......I''m sure our "keyboard cyberspace astronut accounting assumption-eer''s" will be able to explain in great detail why they think it''s necessary to charge that ''amount'' in one area.....when other folk only pay £12.00.[:|]

It''ll also give a few quid to Bury from the gate receipts......[Y]

[/quote]

It''s not a case of it being "necessary". The club only charges £18 because people are prepared to pay it.

The wrong question is being asked here. It''s not about why the club charges was it does - it''s about why people are prepared to pay £18.

I can see where you are coming from, before the new stands were built there were huge great big girders in the south stand, you got cheaper tickets for having restricted view.  My point is, the tickets will be cheaper if the view isn''t as good.  Much like theatre seat prices, want a good view = pay more. [:)]

[/quote]

Please note the thread on the shortcut http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1120016/ShowPost.aspx .

It does seem rather ironic to see both threads running within such a close timeframe and for the penny not to drop for some. Almost all posters on the Selhurst park thread citing what a dump it is and to have to pay up to 32 pounds for a dumpy seat along with toilets that belong in the dark ages, versus some complaining on this thread at paying 18 pounds for facilities that must seem like a palace compared to the dump at the London club which uses Palace for a name. If this thread runs long enough someone may actually compliment the Norwich Board for putting money into the facilities. Nah....that would be too much of a stretch and not the "Norfolk" thing to do.

I''m purely moaning about the extra £6, i understand that i get a better view but to add a third to the price seems a bit harsh.  Plus i would have thought season tickets holders would have got at least a couple of quid off. 

My problem is that the mates i sit with week in week out had already snapped up their seats so i either sit on my own in the barclay for £12 or join my mates in my usual seat for £18. 

£18 it is then.....

ok so you pay the more for top bands ie rolling stones,elton john and so but then we are not playing man utd are we we are playing BURY ! thats like the proclammers,east 17,steps.

and i feel the board have missed out here and could of said thank you to season ticket holders and made prices ---

season ticket--£10

members--£12

oap--£5

under 16--£1

instead of the silly shirt !

how many tickets have we sold any one knows?

I''m purely moaning about the extra £6, i understand that i get a better view but to add a third to the price seems a bit harsh.  Plus i would have thought season tickets holders would have got at least a couple of quid off. 

My problem is that the mates i sit with week in week out had already snapped up their seats so i either sit on my own in the barclay for £12 or join my mates in my usual seat for £18. 

£18 it is then.....

[/quote]

Jarroldstander, please ( and I mean this most sincerely ) pay no attention to me as I don''t even go to the matches. I could not resist getting a dig in at the irony of the two threads running at the same time. You ( and everyone else ) are justified in always seeking value for your hard-earned money.

Jarroldstander, having thought some more about what you''ve said, I agree that a top price of £18 is a bit steep for a hardly attractive fixture such as Bury in the FA Cup. Maybe the cheapest normal adult seats should have been £10 and the most expensive £14, or something like that. Mind you, there might be a lot of squeaky-voiced kids there at only £1 a go. I can''t see the match being a sell out. I for one have no interest in going.

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]1 quid for me ..[/quote]

Same here, and btw to the above poster, Im not a squeaky voiced kid [A]

I only get to go when my Dad is off work so it should be a good end to the Christmas/New Year hols ...

yes well as we have said befor, Its nice and quiet in the jarrold Library so you can have a couple of hours kip, so why not just move,I''m sure it won''t be a sell out.Sleep [|-)]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Jarroldstander"]

[/quote]

Please note the thread on the shortcut http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1120016/ShowPost.aspx .

It does seem rather ironic to see both threads running within such a close timeframe and for the penny not to drop for some. Almost all posters on the Selhurst park thread citing what a dump it is and to have to pay up to 32 pounds for a dumpy seat along with toilets that belong in the dark ages, versus some complaining on this thread at paying 18 pounds for facilities that must seem like a palace compared to the dump at the London club which uses Palace for a name. If this thread runs long enough someone may actually compliment the Norwich Board for putting money into the facilities. Nah....that would be too much of a stretch and not the "Norfolk" thing to do.

[/quote]

Thanks Yankee for a bit of perspective on this thread...The Selhurst experience is a good leveller of any concern over the cost of our tickets. I sit all over CR, not being a season ticket holder and I have got to say what constitutes the best seats in the house is really quite subjective. I mean, do you put more store in being close to the action? ...then sometimes sitting in the lower N & P right behind the goal is fantastic. However, you are never going to be that happy with the singing or if the action is down the other end.

If you like easy access to the catering, and generally shorter queues at half time then Upper tier community corner I have found to be very good. If its a good sing song get yourself into the Snakepit or towards the back of the lower Barclay

...it really is ''horses for courses'' and what you might pay more for on one day may be great for all round viewing and comfort, but for atmosphere and the intensity of the football experience you could get far more, at a cheaper price, even with marginal restricted viewing elsewhere in the ground. I really couldn''t grumble over a couple of quid either way. I suspect those with a gripe are not so flexible with where they sit and compromising their CR rituals. What you get for your money to some extent is dependent upon your own state of mind.

There is also the matter of Bury having a say in prices. I recall a League Cup game a few years back when it was mooted that the admission price could be lowered - the theory that more people paying less would most likely produce the same overall figure, however the opposition blocked the move and obliged the club to keep the higher charge.As to the point of the variarion in price in the same stand it is simply a case of supply and demand, one of the downsides of all seater stadia as well.

[/quote]

Sit somewhere else then and let someone else have your brilliant view and pay more money!

Im no squeaky voiced kid either... to be honest I have serious doubts that many of us are.

However Im not really sure how much my ticket will cost because I recently had a birthday...

Fingers crossed I can still get the £1!!

[quote user="The Bucketman"]

Im no squeaky voiced kid either... to be honest I have serious doubts that many of us are.

However Im not really sure how much my ticket will cost because I recently had a birthday...

Fingers crossed I can still get the £1!!

[/quote]

For me, my Dad and my younger brother it cost us around £18 quid, and we''re sitting in the GW stand (not great but its fine for me [:)] I hope to go to a league match soon if my dad can get work off, so if you have any tips for good matches @ carra then please tell =)

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

It''s called squeezing your pips!

Yours,

A keyboard cyberspace astronut accounting assumption-eer

LOL!

P.S. Somebody has to pay Donks salary.

Oxford Utd charge away fans £16 and they''re in the Blue Flag Premier.  In comparison, 18 quid for an FA Cup Third Round match doesn''t sound that unreasonable.

I''ve just got my tickets this morning and the guy on the counter says the tickets have gone well and we are looking at 18,000+ gate.

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

Oxford Utd charge away fans £16 and they''re in the Blue Flag Premier.  In comparison, 18 quid for an FA Cup Third Round match doesn''t sound that unreasonable.

[/quote]

''Bobbing Maxwell'' will turn in his grave......He''d have charged £22.00 and still syphoned off some poor senior citizen''s pensions.

Top price at Gigg Lane for a league match is £16...away supporters pay just £14...wonder if they will be keeping those prices if we should have to go there for a replay?

From their message boards it looks unlikely that there will be more than 500 Shakers...then it is a 200 mile + journey cross country and they only average about 2500 home crowd.

I''d like to think that whoever we are playing in the 3rd round F A Cup we would have a 20 000 + crowd. The competition and the opposition (in our case) demands that sort of respect as they have already come through 2 unglamourous fixtures, ...this should be their biggest game of the season, given their current league form.

[quote user="Jarroldstander"]I''m purely moaning about the extra £6, i understand that i get a better view but to add a third to the price seems a bit harsh.[/quote]

I think the first part of your statement is the correct bit...

In almost every business going, you pay more for better quality (There are obviously some exceptions).

I wouldn''t expect to walk into a designer clothes shop, pick up a pair of Jeans, and then go an moan at the manager because they cost a third more than an alternative at a ''cheaper'' shop. It''s simply the price you pay for better items.

A brand new car, can for example cost £10k, so would you walk into a BMW garage and kick off that their cheapest option is well over a third more than this???

If the point is about the overall price of ALL tickets being too high, you''d have a fair point. Also, being fair, you don''t have to sit in that location, cheaper alternatives were available.

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh with this, but I simply fail to understand the logic in complaining about basic economics that are practicised across the business world as a whole - The better (or more exclusive) the product - the higher the price, you don''t like the price - buy something cheaper...