Sign in to follow this  
Cannycanary

Norwich city kitty !!!

I think this is a great idea and seem to rember mooting it myself a while back.

Can I suggest you get in contact with someone like Paul Frank (the man is a legend down there) who runs the Bournmouth playershare scheme (I lived that way with the missus for a few years and the cherries became a second club).  They have several levels of membership and I belive have formed a ltd company to run this scheme.  More often than not they end up paying a loan players wages rather than a transfer fee, which I initially thought would not work then did the correlation in my head between crouds (5000 v 24000 and) and players (James Henry v Martin Taylor) and I guess it works.  There is also a % return to the scheme when the club sells a player that has been funded by Playershare.  The only problem was that Bournemouth has a horrible cashflow (makes ours look great) and a debt that though smaller than ours is not as well structured and in is essence proportionally bigger.   There has been instances where players have been sold and the board (they were unscruplious toerags at the time) could not afford to pay the scheme back.

In essence it is a great idea - but there will always be issues around control (who is going to own the entity and liase with the club - how can the rest of the fans 100% trust them not to run off with the money).  Who will back the entity with the Bank to enable it to gain dirct debit and credit card caperbility and finally who will provide the start up capital.  Maybe the club will be an initial sponser and something can be done with there Bank and lawyers (or maybe they can pay for a firm like Mills and Reeve to get involved.

I do not mean to seem negative and would love to get involved.  I just see the above as issues that need to be in the public eye and drawn to everyones attention early.

Let me know if you would like me on board.

Cheers Quinny

[quote user="Cannycanary"]

I think it could generate 5-10 million per annum ........

ARE WE SUPPORTERS OR NOT !!!

Lets find out !!!

[/quote]Do you have excel or a calculator?

Hi Quinny, I have looked in brief at the the possible problems that you have outlined in your post and all the issues you  have brought up have been thought about. In the main without going in to lengthy detail Solicitors, Accountants, Web Designers, and Printers etc will be drawn from a selection of local companies who are willing to donate their time to the cause (good publicity for them).  The Trust or whatever you wish to call it would apply for charitable status ( in my time as a district Councillor I was vice-chair of such a trust, so know procedure etc). Local media such as the EDP would be asked to publicise the Trust and print Direct Debit forms within the paper. On Thursday I will contact Neil Doncaster and sound out the club and board as to their position, should you wish to be involved email me.

I have been working hard to come up with ways which the supporters could help the Kitty with no extra cost to themselves, as well as those that are prepared and can afford with donations. The Kitty will need a website that will be dedicated to Players funding it will have services that will generate revenue by being used, sponsership etc etc.

This needs backing in priciple, its in our intrest to have great football players gracing the carra.

20,000 + supporters can do so much more than one Director raising funds is as good as making them but need to be organised.

My father was telling me about the club years ago when the club was in serious trouble, and they used to walk round the pitch with a blanket catching the pennies thrown on the pitch, They never realised how important those pennies were in turning this club into something so Great.

What we can do is make Norwich city Football club "The Best" so our sons wouldn''t dream of following the Manchester Utd''s of the world.

And if this isn''t supported by the fans, It will show the board we are not willing to give - in support of something that could help the team, so how will we be taken seriously when we demand more from the board.

"Lets be avin Ya"  Vote Yes !!! and make this happen...

Not sure if someone has already made this point, but what happens if the manager buys a player some fans don''t like.  Would they then throw their dummies out of the pram and refuse to pay any more...?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Not sure if someone has already made this point, but what happens if the manager buys a player some fans don''t like.  Would they then throw their dummies out of the pram and refuse to pay any more...?
[/quote]

Fair point Evil Monkey but I think it is about us supporting our manager and having faith in who he wishes to buy. We want to help the club and manager with extra funds not run the club. I don''t think Mr Roeder is going to buy the same sort of crap that Grant did so we should be safe.

Well done to Iain Walpole for getting this moving, I think this is a great start to showing other clubs we are the best football fans plus the smartest......

Read this post and see that it also can be done through just using the online services provided.