Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

joe lewis to Peterboro....£400k

And I guarantee you will never teach English...

Jas where is your proof in this, have you ever seen him play?

As shrimp has mentioned he has talent and deserves to be treated with a little more respect...  

£400,000k is £400,000.we''ve got 2 decent goalies - why 3??? who knows - maybe roedy rates arnold more than lewis as the best long-term youth prospect.either way - take the money now - and invest it in areas where we are short now.  central defence and upfront i''d say.  a decent signing here could see us safe from the drop, whereas lewis bench warming can''t!!!let the boy go with our blessings and take the dosh and 20% sell - on and run!!!!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]£400,000k is £400,000.

we''ve got 2 decent goalies - why 3???

who knows - maybe roedy rates arnold more than lewis as the best long-term youth prospect.

either way - take the money now - and invest it in areas where we are short now.  central defence and upfront i''d say.  a decent signing here could see us safe from the drop, whereas lewis bench warming can''t!!!

let the boy go with our blessings and take the dosh and 20% sell - on and run!!!!
[/quote]

Exactly, unfortunatly being a point or two off the relegation zone dictates this sale.  We need to strengthen other areas and have very little funds available.

[quote user="City man"]

And I guarantee you will never teach English...

Jas where is your proof in this, have you ever seen him play?

As shrimp has mentioned he has talent and deserves to be treated with a little more respect...  

[/quote]

who cares if i teach English or not.. u understood what i said...

Why do i think Lewis will never play for a top side.... Because he''s signing for Peterboro united.... if he was any good wouldnt we be getting more than 400,000 from a bigger side than them?

Also, Grant, Roeder and Worthington never played him in the first team.. even in Cup games against the likes of Tamworth, Bristol Rovers and Northampton town... so all 3 managers are wrong are they? a cup game against a tin pot side is a good chance to blood a young goalkeeper... Lewis never even got on the bench for some of those games.

like i said earlier... the fact 3 managers never played him and a league 2 side are signing him despite him "shop windowing" himself with Morcambe speaks volumes to me.

jas :)

So if Aidy Boothroyd were to sign him, would you change your opinion of Big Joe''s potential? Trust me, Peterborough isn''t the only club to have a strong interest in Big Joe and they''re not all below us on the football league ladder.

To me the debate is as follows: on the one hand, Joe Lewis has the potential to become an NCFC number 1 in years to come. However, his path is currently blocked by Marshall, so the club could continue to give him League experience by letting him step up to League 1 level for the rest of the season. There''s every chance that Marshall himself could attract transfer interest either now or in the summer so it would be foolhardy to let his obvious successor leave. Don''t be fooled into thinking that Joe''s experience at Morecambe has led to him agitating for a permanent move: he sees his long term future at Norwich and wants to challenge Marshall asap.

On the other hand, it''s obvious that we have an abundance of riches in the goalkeeping department (not only Marshall and Gilks but good youth keepers such as Arnold and Rudd) whereas we barely have any cover in other areas. It''s also evident Glenn only has a limited transfer budget so it makes sense to cash in on either Marshall, Gilks or Lewis, and if Big Joe is the only one of this trio to be attracting transfer interest then that''s we may have to do to facilitate other signings.

It''s just a shame that the club''s finances and perilous league position have backed us into this position. Joe''s sale might be one of the sacrifices we have to make for three seasons of underachievement.

Seems like we have strength in depth in the Keeping Dept. Reminds me of the K.Keelan, R.Hansbury, M.Cawston days (was C.Baker there at around the same time or am I loosing it?). How good are these Keepers? I have not seen Gilks or Arnold play.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Like i said im not one to post rumours but i am pleased to say i told u so to some!

I still dont want the boy to go though!

Nexst stop: Tommy Wright GK coach.

[/quote]

Sorry to bring up old gumf but.....thats 2 pieces of info that came true! Get in!

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

Like i said im not one to post rumours but i am pleased to say i told u so to some!

I still dont want the boy to go though!

Nexst stop: Tommy Wright GK coach.

[/quote]

Sorry to bring up old gumf but.....thats 2 pieces of info that came true! Get in!

[/quote]

Smart ar$e!

[quote user="corbs"]Seems like we have strength in depth in the Keeping Dept. Reminds me of the K.Keelan, R.Hansbury, M.Cawston days (was C.Baker there at around the same time or am I loosing it?). How good are these Keepers? I have not seen Gilks or Arnold play.[/quote]

Arnold has been released and that was no surprise given GR''s comments about Rudd. Rudd was on the bench for the last match of the season.

After Woods departed wasn''t there a competition between Benstead and Baker for the GK position or am I loosing it too! We finished well that season, 4th or 5th ? in the top league.