Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

joe lewis to Peterboro....£400k

Just heard City have accepted a £400k bid from Posh for Joe Lewis. Its now over to the boy.

Source...a gd one, cant say but i am gutted if this happens and makes me wonder are we really that hard up? If this doesnt come to light i will look a right mug but im not lying. Im so pi$$ed off!!

The boy has soooooooo much potential what could he be worth in the long run!?

Doesn''t sit with what Roeder said only one month ago but we shall see...

"In my own mind I want to bring him back in the new year because I have not had a chance to see him in action yet and I want to see what he is like."

I would be gutted if he went; he''s been talked about as one of the best young goalkeepers in England since he was 15 years old. However, there''s no way that Marshall can be dropped as he''s been excellent for us, and in Gilks we have a more experienced goalkeeper who is also desperate to be involved in the first team - you couldn''t blame Lewis''s agent if he was telling him it was time to move on. He''s worth nothing to us sitting in our reserves, so unless we''re planning to sell Marshall in the near future then I guess we would have to reluctantly accept any offer and use the cash to strengthen other areas.

Lets hope our board are as willing to buy as they are to sell. Lewis is a great future prospect for whoever he plays for at the end of this month.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Just heard City have accepted a £400k bid from Posh for Joe Lewis. Its now over to the boy.

Source...a gd one, cant say but i am gutted if this happens and makes me wonder are we really that hard up? If this doesnt come to light i will look a right mug but im not lying. Im so pi$$ed off!!

[/quote]

I can''t believe this for one second "can you sit down" I think the boy has much potential too much potential to let go . Besides have Posh got £400 k ? [:(] arrdee.

I cant see it myself. But you never know.

Athough, on Anglia Soccer Night, a few minutes ago Barry Fry said Posh were going to break their transfer record on 1 player in the next week. Deal all sorted. And Lewis has been performing well in Posh''s division.  

I agree, Lewis is a quality keeper but £400k would really boost the kitty for decent new players. Gilks is also quality and could potentially be better than Marshall in my opinion.

£400k would cover half the price tag for tiny. Would sooner have 1 tiny over 10 Lewis''s.......

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

Highly unlikely I reckon.

Posh don''t spend that kind of money.

I''m afraid its 90% correct - he is having ''talks'' today with POSH but no move is agreed yet as another championship Club with Norwich connections has expressed an interest.  My Parents & the Parents of a former Canary Striker who is now at POSH are very good mates. This is not a wind up - I predicted the Etuhu transfer correctly - watch this space....

GVR

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

Highly unlikely I reckon.

Posh don''t spend that kind of money.

[/quote]

......and neither do we.

Its 100% true - he is in ''talks'' today over a move but wont commit as a Champsionship side with several Norwich connections have also expressed an interest...  This is 100% true - I only post when i''m confident of the facts. My Parents are pally with the Parents of a certain ex-canary Striker who is at POSH

GVR

[quote user="Glenn Victor Roeder"]

Its 100% true - he is in ''talks'' today over a move but wont commit as a Champsionship side with several Norwich connections have also expressed an interest...  This is 100% true - I only post when i''m confident of the facts. My Parents are pally with the Parents of a certain ex-canary Striker who is at POSH

GVR

[/quote]

Atleast someone else has heard the same thing! A mate of mine is currently at Posh who was also once at city told me first hand. I found out in a bizarre way but if ppl want to PM me to find out then they are more than welcome too.I

[quote user="Glenn Victor Roeder"]

GVR

[/quote]Danny Crow, presumably?Anyway, the Championship links sound promising - let''s do a Karren Brady and hold out for £600k. If we''re going to let him go, we might as well circulate a press release to start a bidding war... ;)

If true, and I must say IF, then any any money we might get for him will have already been budgeted for by Doomcaster............it always is![:''(]

i''d be very suprised.... but then marshall is only what... a year older than joe? if we are sure we won''t lose him then its best for joe. but as i say i''d be very very suprised if this is the case. buy back clause may be acceptable though... would dumbcaster have the brains to whack that in?

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/Goalkeeper-signing-could-break-Posh.3637387.jp

Goalkeeper signing could break Posh transfer record

POSH were today hoping to sign a new goalkeeper in time for Saturday''s FA Cup tie at Colchester – and it could be a deal that breaks the club''s transfer record.

The club were understood to have agreed a fee with the as yet unnamed player''s club leaving personal terms to be discussed today.

Director of Football Barry Fry revealed on local television this week that he expected Posh to break the club transfer record during the January transfer window.

POSH TARGET?: Joe Lewis in action against Posh earlier this season.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/Goalkeeper-signing-could-break-Posh.3637387.jp

Goalkeeper signing could break Posh transfer record

POSH were today hoping to sign a new goalkeeper in time for Saturday''s FA Cup tie at Colchester – and it could be a deal that breaks the club''s transfer record.

The club were understood to have agreed a fee with the as yet unnamed player''s club leaving personal terms to be discussed today.Director of Football Barry Fry revealed on local television this week that he expected Posh to break the club transfer record during the January transfer window.

[/quote][:''(]

I don''t see why people find this so hard to believe. Granted. it''s a really tough call but when you think about it, it''s the only conclusion. In an ideal world, i don''t think there''s anyone who would agree to selling Joe Lewis. But today''s football is all now now now, and Joe Lewis is just not going to get first team football at Norwich in the next two years. So what do you do? I don''t think there''s any doubt that given regular first team football he will become as good if not better than all our current keepers. So we can''t win. He can''t hang around waiting and he won''t develop without first team football so the only option is to get as much as we can for him now. The only other possibility as far as i can see is to hold on to him for another year and loan him out and hope that Marshall does enough for a big money move to the prem, clearing the way for Joe. Unlikely.It''s very sad but i don''t think it can be helped.

I know I''m probably in a minority but I think this is for the best all round. We have three decent keepers in the squad and only two half decent centre halves. The money we get from Joe should allow us to clinch the Taylor deal and at the moment that is a far more important than hanging on to a third choice keeper who is unlikely to get a game. I admit the guy has potential and this could come back and bite us on the bum but then Gilks and Marshal have potential too.

On a separtate point, Peterborough have a new rich chairman who bought the club earlier this year so there is no problem with the £400K

Yes Roeder wants to sell him. Pity he hasn''t seen him play. Huge talent. A massive mistake.

Lewis set for Posh switch

FORMER Morecambe loan keeper Joe Lewis is mulling over a shock £400,000 move from Norwich City to Peterborough United.

The 20-year-old England under-21 star was recalled from his spell at Christie Park to Carrow Road by boss Glenn Roeder with a view to playing in the Championship team.

But just three days after his exit, the keeper is set for the move to Morecambe''s League Two rivals.

Ironically, Lewis made his final Morecambe appearance against Posh on Saturday.

Boss Sammy McIlroy says: "I spoke to the lad last night and he told me he was thinking about it - and you can''t blame him.

"I knew Peterborough were interested in him and we did put a bid in for him.

"But we can''t compete with £400,000. I am surprised with the move though."

http://www.thelancasterandmorecambecitizen.co.uk/sport/kendallancsports/display.var.1940493.0.lewis_set_for_posh_switch.php