Sign in to follow this  
albyella

Capello - £4m a year....

seems good manager, just one minor stumbling block

he cant speak english

oh well im sure our english stars all know italian like most other countries

[quote user="C.T "]If he wins us a world cup or euro championship then he is worth every penny[/quote]But he won''t, because players win World Cups and ours are flawed, so he''ll be paid off just like Sven, and vanish back home to manage Roma or someone having made his retirement fund. And it''s probably £6m a year, not £4m.

Great news, this bloke was in charge of the sublime A.C.Milan team of the early 90''s, they were simply awesome...We have a winner at last i believe!

Hes got an excellent management record. Won trophies and titles with every club hes managed, apart from Juventus of course who had both their league titles stripped from them/him 2-3 years ago due to match fixing (I assume this rigging didn''t involve Capello himself?).

Hopefully a good signing though.

[quote user="we8wba"]

seems good manager, just one minor stumbling block

he cant speak english

[/quote]

thats not strictly true that.... they had an interview with him in 4-4-2 magazine recently... he isnt fluent in English but can speak some.. says he would take a crash course if an English job ever became available

jas :)

Basically, the FA have sent out a clear signal that this job is a big payday, and failure will be severely punished with a huge cheque and a holiday for the rest of the contract term. Who wouldn''t want the job if he had nothing better to do? Do we really think that failing as England manager would ruin Capello''s chances of a job in Italy or Spain? Hardly, when a very successful club manager like Eriksson also failed, as did Robson, Venables etc. I really hope I''m wrong....