Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Just what have the Turners done for City?

Apart from a 2 million ''fee'' to get on the board (which they will get back as its a loan!) may I suggest the following:

Thats right....................nothing!.[:|]

Wiz, why O why will you not sit tight and see what happens when the transfer window opens.

Yes Doomcaster(why is he still here?) did his usual wet blanket thing today and I was ready to jump on his doom train with the rest of you but decided to bite my typing finger and give the Turners the benifit of the doubt until January and see what happens. I can''t believe that they would be allowed 2 boards seats for a million each so am clinging to the life raft that is the transfer window.

It''s then and only then that we''ll see where the Turners stand.

Would it not be fair to at least give them that chance to prove themselves before condeming them?

I could put a £5 note inside an envelope and post it to carrow road and I would''ve "invested" more money than they have.

A loan is not an investment, its a loan. Do they understand this?

I''m greatful for it but lets not forget - a good magician has more than one trick up his sleeve. Is there any chance of seeing their next trick soon?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Apart from a 2 million ''fee'' to get on the board (which they will get back as its a loan!) may I suggest the following:

[/quote]

I''d disagree Wizard. By the very existence of this thread they have at least deflected the attention that was being thrust upon Delia and Michael.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

You must get very dizzy, Wiz - all this running round in ever decreasing circles.  Do you flip a coin each day to see which way to flip-flop?

And I still want my goat back.

[quote user="shyster"]Rest assured, if Taylor had''ve been offered realistic money he''d still be here.[/quote]Quantify "realistic" ....... just so we all know EXACTLY where you stand.£15k? £18? £25k? (the alledged QPR offer).....£40k? Bear in mind Huckerby is on £12k plus performance bonuses......

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

You must get very dizzy, Wiz - all this running round in ever decreasing circles.  Do you flip a coin each day to see which way to flip-flop?

And I still want my goat back.

[/quote]

Its the Taylor buisness whats got to me Mr Chips, I''m really pi**ed off about, as no doubt is Glen Roeder!.

And your goat is currently in my cauldron, sorry.........................but its in a good cause mate.[;)]

[quote user="T07"][quote user="shyster"]Rest assured, if Taylor had''ve been offered realistic money he''d still be here.[/quote]

Quantify "realistic" ....... just so we all know EXACTLY where you stand.

£15k? £18? £25k? (the alledged QPR offer).....£40k? Bear in mind Huckerby is on £12k plus performance bonuses......
[/quote]

I think you have no knowledge whatsoever of what QPR have offered Taylor. If you have, provide your source.

[quote user="T07"]
Bear in mind Huckerby is on £12k plus performance bonuses......
[/quote]

So on the basis of current performances, Huckerby''s on 12k then.

[quote user="T07"][quote user="shyster"]Rest assured, if Taylor had''ve been offered realistic money he''d still be here.[/quote]

Quantify "realistic" ....... just so we all know EXACTLY where you stand.

£15k? £18? £25k? (the alledged QPR offer).....£40k? Bear in mind Huckerby is on £12k plus performance bonuses......
[/quote]

The problem more seemed to be with the fee and Birmingham, it doesnt seem as if we even got to the wages part....  Lovely old Turners and all there supposed money....

Birmingham wanted a paultry million quid for Taylor:

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED14%20Dec%202007%2009%3A39%3A09%3A420

A message to Smith, Jones, Turners and Co, if we get relegated now through this bloody ''prudence'' lark, it''ll cost this damn board of ours far in excess of that!.[:|]

It sounds like there''s money available (see GR''s interview on main page) but they didn''t want to spend all of it on one player. The feeling I got from reading the interview was one of "at least we''ve got money to spend - many other clubs have none".

I for one would rather see Matty, Mo and someone else rather than just Taylor if this is the option.

Cheers

Ben

The unwillingness, or inability, to sign Taylor is the first indication that the Turners will not be the force that alot of people - including myself - hoped they would be.

OK we don''t know the details of the deal, we don''t know what other players Roeder has on his shopping list for January - we will only know that on 1st Feb. What we do know however is that the fee was around £1m and the player wanted by all accounts to come here. The only thing we would have been negotiating with Birmingham on is the fee - the players wages would be between us and him/his agent. So it looks like we weren''t prepared to pay £1m for a central defender, who we have been been looking for - for over 4 seasons, and one that wanted to come here aswell (so none of those crap excuses about the difficultly to get the player or mrs to come to Norwich).

Dissappointing to say the least. Roeder will be dissappointed to - as he was making all the right noises about wanting to keep the player here. Welcome to the mad world of NCFC Glen - i hope you aren''t as principalled as Martin O''Neil and walk when you don''t get hardly anything in Jan - a time when prices will be even more inflated !

I still hope they will prove me wrong - but the early signs aren''t encouraging.