Sign in to follow this  
Shifty Sid

Taylor - all is not lost

My sources inform me all is not lost.  Apparently, Birmingham reported he was going back so they could drum up interest and see who''s willing to make an offer for the player.  The player himself has indicated he wants to stay on loan at Norwich until January (and why not, even if he decides to move on it will be in his best interests to put himself in the shop window).Although the loan window is closed, we have until midnight tonight to extend the existing loan (providing club and player are in agreement).  Birmingham are reported to want to sell Taylor to QPR in January - but Taylor doesn''t want to sign for them.Looks like an interesting evening ahead....

Do not despair fellow Canaries all is not lost, Tiny Taylor could well be back as a Norwich player doing another months loan and signing Jan 1st. With out going in to detail we have until midnight to sort out a deal which according to those in the know WILL happen.

On Rick Waghorns site.

Tonights Birmingham Evening Mail.

Norwich officials are discussions with Birmingham to secure a 2nd concurrant months loan. Appararently we have until midnight tonight to lodge the required paperwork.

Martin Taylor wants to come back to Norwich either on loan or permanantly. Birmingham dont want him but are desperate to sell him and and raise funds for Mcleish''s scottish influx.

Q.P.R. are keen to buy but Taylor is not interested in a move to London (cant blame him there)

The ball is now in Norwich''s court.

Come on show some ambition for once board.

LETS BE ''AVIN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Mister Positive"]Do not despair fellow Canaries all is not lost, Tiny Taylor could well be back as a Norwich player doing another months loan and signing Jan 1st. With out going in to detail we have until midnight to sort out a deal which according to those in the know WILL happen.[/quote]

I think I speak for most fans on this board when I say "I hope you''re bloody right mate!"

It seems there`s a game being played, Bluenose want the big cash deal from QPR, we are relying on Roeder`s influence over Taylor, his alledged desire to come to us and will use this to try and get him on the cheap.

You cant blame the club for trying to get the best deal they can, and if it is true that Taylor really does want to come here and play for Roeder thats a really good sign.

Doomcaster `s article today was a tactical ploy to prevent selling clubs thinking they can rip us off in January.

The problem is however that transfers are always more expensive in January, we may enjoy playing these games but there is a good chance that we will not be taken seriously and miss out on anything decent.

Even now, nothing official from our side and the deadline to extend the loan has now passed.I suspect another Championship rival has a deal in place with Birmingham to buy him in January and stipulated he must not be allowed on loan to us between now and January 1st.Don''t blame the board if this is the case - it''s almost certainly down to the player.  Remember the Hucks situation?  Man City wanted to auction him off to the highest bidder but in the end let him come to us for a knock-down £750k and they paid a proportion of his wages until we got promoted.  I expect Taylor wants to join a club with a better prospect of an immediate return to the Premiership.However, I will be VERY annoyed if he signs for QPR!!  Or, for that matter if the Scum somehow manage to whisk him from under our noses with a big fat pay cheque.Thanks for your contribution Tiny... but we move on.  Fitz Hall anyone?

[quote user="Shifty Sid"]Even now, nothing official from our side and the deadline to extend the loan has now passed.

I suspect another Championship rival has a deal in place with Birmingham to buy him in January and stipulated he must not be allowed on loan to us between now and January 1st.

Don''t blame the board if this is the case - it''s almost certainly down to the player.  Remember the Hucks situation?  Man City wanted to auction him off to the highest bidder but in the end let him come to us for a knock-down £750k and they paid a proportion of his wages until we got promoted.  I expect Taylor wants to join a club with a better prospect of an immediate return to the Premiership.

However, I will be VERY annoyed if he signs for QPR!!  Or, for that matter if the Scum somehow manage to whisk him from under our noses with a big fat pay cheque.

Thanks for your contribution Tiny... but we move on.  Fitz Hall anyone?
[/quote]

Thought Fitz had signed for QPR??

You can blame QPR for that ,brum know they have money to spend which put up taylors fee  but according to reports it is around 1 million so why have norwich pulled pulled out ?

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

Doomcaster `s article today was a tactical ploy to prevent selling clubs thinking they can rip us off in January.

[/quote]

Hilarious lol

[quote user="Dexx"]

You can blame QPR for that ,brum know they have money to spend which put up taylors fee  but according to reports it is around 1 million so why have norwich pulled pulled out ?

[/quote]

A million for Marshall, so you''d think Tiny would be worth more considering the effect he has had.

birmingham as i said many times before when you 1st got him, always seem to get the highest price for all there players sold look at pennant, heskey etc... they never get a poor deal do they

IF Taylor really does not intend to go to QPR come what may then it doesn''t matter what they may agree with Brum in terms of fee. Depends who else may be interested.

Should the only other club be us then Brum will have to lower the price (provided our offer is sensible) - this happened with Huckerby did it not?