Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Who thinks 1 million is a bargain for Taylor?

We should pay 1 million. In my opinion he is priceless to us building a new team, solid as a rock.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE board pay Brum what they want to get him or you will regret it. For 1 million you are getting a player who still has years left in him, experience and at the peak of his game.

I will be very upset should we not get him. I dont think we could get better for the money.

When are people going to realise this board wont spend a washer and may fear is another Martin O''Neil situation with Roeder realising he aint got a chance here.

Four out out of five wins dont mean nout we are still in it up to our necks, QPR winning the other night, money to spend, leicester, will spend also we must push the boat out imo, losing taylor is not a good start does not look good for january, if we cant shell out for a player who has been very effective.

I''m disappointed not to get him but one player does npot make a team!!  I think he''s worth spending a million on but if we can get another good centre half a bit cheaper and that means we have more cash to add another couple of players to our squad then i''ll be happy.It''s difficult to know exactly where i stand on this until January as then we''ll get a truer reflection on the boards ambition.

1 million is nothing for a decent player now days for god sake the board are unbeliveable the diffrence taylor made was major , why do i supprot Norwich City why !!!

£1 million fee plus £20k a week for 3 years (Prem contract he has now remember!)

So thats £4 million, plus sign on.........

It ain''t all about the fee!

depends if all we have is 1million, if it is then it is probably unwise to spend it all on Taylor, I would think he is worth around 600k, but QPR seem to be lauding large handfuls of F1 dosh around, and Brum have always been a cannily run club, and now their managed by a Scotsman theyll be tight as a...

Im annoyed, but i presume Glen has an alternative  in mind, otherwise letting the Taylor deal slip would seem very risky.Bring on the DOC!

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"]I''m disappointed not to get him but one player does npot make a team!!  I think he''s worth spending a million on but if we can get another good centre half a bit cheaper and that means we have more cash to add another couple of players to our squad then i''ll be happy.

It''s difficult to know exactly where i stand on this until January as then we''ll get a truer reflection on the boards ambition.
[/quote]

But this guy has proved his worth he is not a gamble.

Onces again shows lack of respect for the  mess we are in

what price relagation the board again. Sack the board no money no drive.

you only have to read dommmmcasters speach to see the writting on the wall

of carrow road thease days.

We deserve better leaders who arn''t affraid to put there money in

he was a bargain and we f888 it up again the turner''s are waiting i keep hearing

well the last trains comming so get on it and get somone in who want to spend some money

poor old glen  we saw it comming tho the doc again welll watch he f888 it up tommorrow on tv

delia an co

[quote user="Hartson s Gut"]

We should pay 1 million. In my opinion he is priceless to us building a new team, solid as a rock.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE board pay Brum what they want to get him or you

will regret it. For 1 million you are getting a player who still has

years left in him, experience and at the peak of his game.

I will be very upset should we not get him. I dont think we could get better for the money.[/quote]

If ever there was a time to speculate to accumulate it is now. If the board hope for the best and sit on there hands im afraid we have little hope with the clubs around us spending. It looks like it could be a sorry January for us an we cannot rely on teams going into Admin to help our course. Give the man his money, let him prove what he can do.

Well we may have lost him, but there are other decent players out there.

Reading glens article on pinkun, it seems to me he doesnt want to splash his january money on one player.

Sure this is a blow for the club and fans, but iam sure glen will know where to look to find a player worthy of the championship, and for a decent price.

In an ideal world we would have got taylor, we didnt , time to move on.

It aint the end of the world just yet.

I would have thought the £1m was affordable, guess his wages were the stumbling block.

not exactly a bargin but better value for money than Dixon Ethuhu,Brown,Brellier or Thorne or countless other "bargains and prospects" that have turned up here over the last few years.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="UEA Canary"]Erm...how do you know they were asking 1 million?
[/quote]

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline
&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED10%20Dec%202007%2010%3A38%3A49%3A603

More stupid how do you know posts......

[/quote]

And is this the ultimate authority? Sounds like they just tossed in a number they''d heard down the pub. On the transfer section, somebody says Barry Fry knew QPR would go to £2.5 mil; is that true? I don''t know, neither do you.

What I do know is that I go to auctions regularly & if certain dealers want a certain item then there''s no point bidding - you''re just running the price up. It''s hard luck that Flavio & Ecclestone have recently taken over at Rangers & are presently on a spending spree.

I think Roeder''s job just got that much harder, but that was always on the cards, as he well knew. He''s a tough cookie. And when the going gets tough ......

[quote user="Martyn Harvey"]

£1 million fee plus £20k a week for 3 years (Prem contract he has now remember!)

So thats £4 million, plus sign on.........

It ain''t all about the fee!

[/quote]

From what i hear he is prepared to take a dip in wages. We paid 1 million for Jon Newsome years ago and he was a good player and you could say very expensive. We now live in 2007 where 1 million for a player who i think is as good if not better than Newsome is a bargain.

Where is the ambition. Well done to the board for getting Roeder, but unfortuantely he will see we are on a roeder knowhere if he isnt backed with money.

Sadly this could be Martin O''neill number two.

Dont think its his wages the article says Birmingham would not budge on the price , just how much did we think we were going to sign him for £250,000 . This club really is a joke when it comes to signing players and if we get relegated it will be no more than Delia and the other bunch of morons deserve.

I hope this situation combined with the Doncaster article on the subject of money (or lack of it) isn''t an indication of the board''s stance remaining the same.  I had hoped that the apparent lack of money available to Grant was a result of their concerns over his choice of players.  I had also hoped that along with the appointment of Glenn Roeder would come money providing him with the support he so obviously needed to perform major surgery on a team destined for relegation.  I had assumed that the extra funds would be made available by the Turners. 

I know it may be premature to come to conclusions until we have seen their actions during January, but early indications are not encouraging.  If Glenn Roeder believed the price for Taylor to be too high, then I assume he has an alternative in place for January.  If however, it was the board refusing to spend, we have a problem.        

Reading between the lines Roeder mentioned needing to afford more than one player in January and I would guess hes suggesting that if we went for Taylor at Birminghams price and wages we would not have very much left over. It might be a choice of Patterson, Camera and a.n.other at centre half on the one hand or just Taylor on the other.   

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="UEA Canary"]Erm...how do you know they were asking 1 million?
[/quote]

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline
&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED10%20Dec%202007%2010%3A38%3A49%3A603

More stupid how do you know posts......

[/quote]

And is this the ultimate authority? Sounds like they just tossed in a number they''d heard down the pub. On the transfer section, somebody says Barry Fry knew QPR would go to £2.5 mil; is that true? I don''t know, neither do you.

What I do know is that I go to auctions regularly & if certain dealers want a certain item then there''s no point bidding - you''re just running the price up. It''s hard luck that Flavio & Ecclestone have recently taken over at Rangers & are presently on a spending spree.

I think Roeder''s job just got that much harder, but that was always on the cards, as he well knew. He''s a tough cookie. And when the going gets tough ......

[/quote]

The 2.5 million was combined for rowan vine and taylor I think.  Anyway where else are we to get the rumoured fees apart from the papers.  the fee is obviously around a million - a reasonable price.

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=2179&w=25&a=0&part=1

An unpalatable dose of realism here - where would this money come from, the mythical money-orchard just East of Norwich? It''s tough, because the guy is definitely better than what we have here, and he''s shown it, but basically we''re out of our league financially. QPR will become a heavy-hitter in the CCC as they fight to stay up, with huge resources behind them, and I imagine he''ll end up there after they''ve parked their Bank on his lawn. It just highlights how well Glenn did to get this unregarded, but quality, player down here to help to drag us out of the mire. But Glenn''s a realist, as his remarks show, and he knows that the squad is short in many areas and that there just won''t be the resources to plug all those gaps with permanent deals. Even the loans he''s got in to date must have been expensive.

it is a shame, he is a good player and he has done a lot to aid our current ressurgence. But sometimes things don''t work out in your favour and you have to get on with it. It sounds like we tried our best but we cannot compete with unrealistic demands or teams backed by billionaires. Do I think he was worth 1 million, yes, but 1 player doesn''t make a team, we need to build on our current form and not dwell on losing a player however good he was. I wish him well and thank him for his efforts whilst on loan.

That IS a very different slant on things, especially the part where Glenn says that he doesn''t want to live in London & play for QPR.  Can Birmingham force a sale on to a player who doesn''t want to go to that particular club?  Gutted to miss out on him, could have been the most important & influential signing since Huckerby IMO.

absolute shit, simple as that worst setup as everproven centre half and the board doesnt want to consolidate our current form agreed the current setup is naft but im sure we''ll all be informed more vociferously by one particularly inept individual