Sign in to follow this  
Swarney

help - where best to sit

Help- I currently sit in the upper barclay, but i dont fully like the people who sit around. And was thinking of moving anyone recommend somewhere good? is the snakepit as good as people say? am i best to go lower barclay? or is the new stand where its at? please help

To be honest Swarney, with such a lack of tickets available you are going to struggle to move to the snake pit or lower barclay. You should be thankful you have a ticket at all. I sit in the upper Barclay and love it. The people around me are very friendly and there''s a good mix of atmosphere and a great view. I''d stick where you are

Blocks D and E in the Lower Barclay are the place to be. Unfortunately they''ve sold out so best to either stay where you are or try the noisy sections in the New Stand.

I phoned this morning and managed to get a seat second row from the back of block E of the Barclay which is great. If you are just looking for a single seat it is quite likely if u call now u will be lucky.

Hope that helps

" Blocks D and E in the Lower Barclay are the place to be."

But only if :

* you''re under 25 or a chav (or preferably both!)

* you prefer singing anti-opposition songs instead of pro-Norwich ones.

* regarding the above point, sing anti-Ipswich songs when we''re not playing them, instead of pro-Norwich songs.

* you have a tendency to shrill " ''E ''asn''t done f*** all'' " when the police drag someone out who''s been flagrantly breaking the rules (in a BB Kitten-esque kind of way) despite several requests on things like standing etc.

* you boo Henderson for putting a cross straight at the keeper, yet sing his praises two minutes later when he scores.

Seriously, it''s for people who enjoy the occasion of being at a Norwich match, and the songs, attitudes etc that go with it, rather than concentrating on the football itself. That''s my experiences of it, anyway.

I''m in block C now - wouldnt swap it for anywhere else in the ground...except maybe the directors box!

Williams11,

You''re a very lucky chap. I would love to move to the lower Barclay but my dad prefers upper. I''m not complaining about my seat though. Been there for the last 9 years and know the people around me which is really nice and the atmosphere''s good. Where Pete sits sounds pretty damn good too. There''s something about standing at the football which I love. Unfotunately I don''t think it''ll catch on in the upper!!

as you can tell my user name i sit in block d hence d-block barclay and its not all like that your telling me scott that the only section in the ground that does what you say? i doubt its a good laugh with lots of friendly people. i meet up with about ten people who i didnt before and have sat next to them for years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
so na na na

as you can tell by my user name i sit in block d hence d-block barclay and its not all like that. your telling me scott that the only section in the ground that does what you say? i doubt. its a good laugh with lots of friendly people. i meet up with about ten people who i didnt before and have sat next to them for years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
so na na na .
ooppss had to adjust spelling from the other one really long day today

I am also in Block D Upper barclay and enjoy it...we have some really great people who sit around us.....a fair amount of singers....and occassionally we stand up!!!!!!!!!

You could always come and join me in the " Chapel " N+P block Q upper,and enjoy the antic''s from afar.I have heard the occasional otbc ring out only to be strangled by the second line ,by the glares of those around.

I have been the N+P once and will never again after sitting in there when we beat Preston 3-0 on a Friday night it was the first game after Mullers said he was thinking of leaving on a Bosman, i jumped up thinking we had scored and the old bloke behind pushed me over and told me he could not see ( i fell on the people in front and they had whinge) and i was told i got to excited it was only a football game, i was shocked at this attitude. I think i always be excited at Norwich games, my great aunt is fantastic when she goes to games or you watch them on tv with her, she''s in her 90''s and jumps up and cheers. Oh well each to their own.

don''t think most of the people in the river end have legs - they begrudge standing at any point in the game. unfortnately appears there is no chance for me to change ends this time round. there are some positives being in the river end, most of which escape me but we do seem to score more goals there and kick towards it in the second half which i like.

I sit in the City Stand right next to the Snakepit having moved there from the Barclay upper. must admit I prefer where I am, much nearer to the pitch. There was a guy though in the Upper Barclay who used to come to every game from Staffordshire week in week out.What a legend.

Who on this board is a regular user of their season ticket but lives farthest away? Who will start me off?

I can tell you where not to sit, if you have the urge to stand or sing!. The Geoffrey Watling City Stand (Cathedral Lounge!). It''s a bit quiet to say the least....Although I nearly had puppies, when the majority of the area where I sit, actually participated in the "Mexican Wave" on the final game against Preston. Delia and her hubby sit about 12 feet away, just inside the "special peoples" seating area. She really has a passion and thoroughly enjoys herself. The majority of folk around me are fairly subdued, thats not being insultive or derogatory about them, as thats the way they are. The reason I sit where I have done for the last 5 seasons, is the view, it''s very good, (ten yards to the right of the halfway line). Access in or out of the ground is no problem, and refreshments & loo''s, are within striking distance.

I have ventured to all the viewing areas within the ground since early 1988, and I really enjoyed standing on the terraces of the Barclay, but alas, it is no more!. I think you find your niche and establish yourself in where ever you feel comfortable. It would be preferable if the fellow supporters around me, let themselves go a bit. But I think they are worried about what the neighbours will think!. Still I''m just pleased that I''m fortunate to have a "pew" for the Premiership. Roll on August and OTBC! :~)

i am currently in c block, but to tell the truth i don''t really care as long as i get to see a game, times past we could all be pretty choosy about where to sit, i used to change my ticket at least four times a season (sorry box office, i like change!!) but now me and my mate sit (or stand most of the time) in lower c block, great atmsophere and near the exit for pies at half time

sorry but the best place to sit is block TL RIVER END (cant blame me for trying!) it is most famous for containing MR CHEESEBOARD! recently we have emerged as the most noisiost block in the whole river end (achieving 0.01 on the whisper scale)we also dare to stand up on some corners and sing the whole of the otbc song at the start and sometimes we gets the ''cheeseboard'' chant going ...yes i know you cant beleive it but its true....well apart from being the best place to sit of course!it all depends on what your personal preferences are and although i prefere the atmosphere hence sitting behind the goal rather then at the side i have to go for the cheapest ticket so that i can afford to see the football!
ive been lucky enough to sit all around the ground apart from the new stand and it is best to sit in the barclay for atmosphere though i dont like the upper barclay as youre to far away from the pitch and on misty nights its hard to see the pitch and theres little noise if were honest. snake pit and barcvay lower are as seen , noisy with chants most of the match, n+p where i have sat for 3 years now is conveient for me as its cheap with the occasional song again the upper river end is the same as upper barclay, the city stand has great views of the pitch but dont even start about atmopshere (some dont even stand up when we score) i have also been in the ambassadors box and had a meal before hand (just the once as friend had a spare ticket) its was obviusoly very nice but wearing shirt and tie to a football match is not for me. well i leave you to decide but we could do with a few more retired barclay boys in the river end just to help and remember block TL the rebels of the river end

I''m live in Northampton and am a season ticket holder, thats good trek but but bristol wins eh

how bout the barclay d and e blocks make 80% of the noise which lifts the team more than other parts .u moan about the barclay being full of under 25s but the river end is full of under 10s people have to sit somwhere dont they.i dont agree with c£$p bout things like tony martin as he have nothing to do with ncfc.but the barclay is the place to be if you like t he bantar and a giggle

Return trip each game fom Cheshire, about 450 miles. My daughter musse each game so the family mileage is pretty high. Can''t beat 500 miles - but I''m still doing it!!

I''m with The Lord on this one, its got be Block TL River end. It''s affordable, especially if you''ve got to spring for Jigglepin Juniors season ticket as well. Ok so there may be a few coffin dodgers but with the recent injection of Cheeseboooooooooard moral you can have a laugh as well as watch the match. Next season you might even here us in the Barclay,
you meet the nicest people in TL!

I sat in the Snakepit last year about ten from the back and in the last row next to the Barclay. Though i have a slightly restricted view, i swear i had the best seat in the house when svensson''s went in against Wigan. What i beauty. I moved my ticket to the new stand for next year due to the better views... And then promptly concluded that i was being a grade A tw*t. I moved it straight back, how helpful those friendly admin girls are on the phone. The atmosphere is second to none... Which Matt Etherington will certainly testify to, and last season was tremendous there. There also appears to be less getting on our own boys'' backs from this corner of the ground and the players are always over there when we score. Anyway. Hope to see you all next season. Oh and my round trip is 250 miles, from Greenwich, South East London. That any good?