Sign in to follow this  
ca

Bad News re Taylor

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/7142214.stm

Defender Martin Taylor will return to Birmingham City after his loan spell at Norwich was not extended.

The 28-year-old centre-back was a major success in his time with the Canaries, scoring one goal in eight games as they moved out of the relegation zone.

The Carrow Road side hoped to extend the former England Under-21 player''s loan spell but were unable to do so.

Norwich manager Glenn Roeder admitted last week that other Championship clubs were interested in signing Taylor.

if he ends up at qpr or somewhere i will be p****d!!

Ok. so maybe he wanted to spend chirstmas at home and then we''ll sign him in january, not sure if i want him though if thats the case!!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="C.T "]I blame Doncaster![/quote]I''m sure your in depth discussions with Martin Taylor will have confirmed that he wanted to stay but that Doncaster only offered him the minimum wage plus overtime.

Stupid post C.T !!

[/quote]

You obviously havent read Doomcaster''s Gloomy column today....

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/commentary/NeilDoncaster.aspx

[/quote]

Care to apologise lappinitup? No hurry old chap[H]

Based on past BCFC history (when it come to getting every penny out of a deal). Does anyone else think the NCFC to BCFC conversation went something like this;

NCFC - Can we extend the loan?

BCFC - Of course you can - that will be another £200K please

We then decide not to extend and save this loan money and his wages and put it towards buying him in the window?

May just be wishful thinking

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"]Maybe i''m being blind but where in the article does it say the loan isn''t being extended??

We''ve known all along that he''d go back to Birmingham initially this doesn''t mean that the loan can''t be extended, i''ll stand corrected if i''m wrong.
[/quote]

not too sure it can mate.. once he returns to his parent club the loan is classed as being over... we cant extennd it now as he is backk at Brum as far as i know

jas :)

Why doesnt someone just go and kick the door in at Carrow Road and demand to know what the heck is going on with Taylor or anyone else for that matter.  it now seems the guy has returned to brum with no intention of coming back for the Colchester game with an extension intact.  isnt it about time this bloody club told the fans what is going on.  12 points from 15 seems pointless now that we have a friggin big hole at the back to fill and no one to put there. i cant bare to watch the game on saturday.  God help us and THANKS once again Doomcaster. youve F**ked it up again.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Found this on Birmingham website this morninghttp://www.blues.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10412~1189670,00.htmlThats a real shame and how come theres nothing on our official website?

[/quote]This is a real blow to our revival, but we shall have to battle on with what we''ve got, Dublin will have to help out in defence for a bit. How ever my hope is low for the Christmas period.

I''ve said right from the onset of the ''extension / signing'' saga that he doesn''t want to be here, it''s clear from how he acted and what he said. I wouldn''t blame our board at all, just someone who doesn''t fancy Norfolk life.

[quote user="C.T "][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="C.T "]I blame Doncaster![/quote]I''m sure your in depth discussions with Martin Taylor will have confirmed that he wanted to stay but that Doncaster only offered him the minimum wage plus overtime.

Stupid post C.T !!

[/quote]

You obviously havent read Doomcaster''s Gloomy column today....

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/commentary/NeilDoncaster.aspx

[/quote]

Care to apologise lappinitup? No hurry old chap[H]

[/quote]There is still nothing on the official site 2hrs after I first replied C.T so to blame Doncaster when none of us know the facts is perhaps a little premature. Maybe Taylor didn''t want to stay or maybe he''s already fixed himself up with another club.

Either way, your initial response will only serve to provoke people like wiz to start knee jerk threads like ''''Sod Off Doncaster'''' as it already has. Thanks.

The worst thing about what was written by Doncaster was the exangeration of what the fans want.

"Multi-million pound signings" - NO ONE expects that, but it is clear for all to see that Taylor is desperatly needed, so stop making excuses.

We dont want cash spent where it isnt needed, but at the back it is!!!!!

Lets hope that this is the reason why Tiny Taylor has not extented his loan move with us.  It does seem strange if this is the case because it has been made clear that he has no future at Birmingham so why would they not allow us to extend his loan move??? Maybe we could get him in January.

To be honest I think him signing for us now can be no more than wishful thinking.  He will probably end up at a club further up the league with a chance of promotion and who can blame him for this as he is a quality player.  At least Glenn will now be clear that Tiny won''t be staying and can go out there and find someone to replace him. 

Lets hope that Shacks and Doc can do the job between now and January

[quote user="SouthamptonCanary"]

Lets hope that this is the reason why Tiny Taylor has not extented his loan move with us.  It does seem strange if this is the case because it has been made clear that he has no future at Birmingham so why would they not allow us to extend his loan move??? Maybe we could get him in January.

To be honest I think him signing for us now can be no more than wishful thinking.  He will probably end up at a club further up the league with a chance of promotion and who can blame him for this as he is a quality player.  At least Glenn will now be clear that Tiny won''t be staying and can go out there and find someone to replace him. 

Lets hope that Shacks and Doc can do the job between now and January

[/quote]

my gut feeling is they''ve agreed a fee with someone else for a permanent deal in Jan and I guess we either didn''t match the offer or Taylor fancied it more elsewhere

As there are many theories (only) being thrown about, here''s another:

QPR (or another club in the bottom half of the table) want him but only if he doesn''t extend his loan at Norwich; after all, look at our turn-around. Our rival clubs don''t want Norwich getting a few weeks more points with him playing.

I don''t think that its the case personally, but as everyone else has a theory ...

If anyone from the club should read this Thanks for not keeping us informed of what was happening. Roeder said he would like to extend the loan but apart from that we hear nothing. Please Mr Doncaster dont start another load of spin just give us someone who can explain it in simple English.

Best fans in the division its a pity the club dont treat us as such.

Hey who knows GR might pull a rabbit (center backs a bit big to fit in a hat) out of the hat like he has done before!!!

Well any way here is to wishful thinking...

[quote user="Red Canary"]

Hey who knows GR might pull a rabbit (center backs a bit big to fit in a hat) out of the hat like he has done before!!!

Well any way here is to wishful thinking...

[/quote]

You''d need a skip if Hartson was playing the rabbit.

[quote user="ridgeman"]

If anyone from the club should read this Thanks for not keeping us informed of what was happening. Roeder said he would like to extend the loan but apart from that we hear nothing. Please Mr Doncaster dont start another load of spin just give us someone who can explain it in simple English.

Best fans in the division its a pity the club dont treat us as such.

[/quote]What a load of bollocks.  The club are under no obligation to keep you informed of everything.  Just because they have nothing to tell you doesn''t make it spin.

[quote user="SouthamptonCanary"]

Lets hope that this is the reason why Tiny Taylor has not extented his loan move with us.  It does seem strange if this is the case because it has been made clear that he has no future at Birmingham so why would they not allow us to extend his loan move??? [/quote]

Because Birmingham are about to sell him and the last thing they want is for Taylor to pick up an injury and so jeopardise a sale. Norwich would do the same if in the same situation.

[quote user="yellow hammer"][quote user="SouthamptonCanary"]

Lets hope that this is the reason why Tiny Taylor has not extented his loan move with us.  It does seem strange if this is the case because it has been made clear that he has no future at Birmingham so why would they not allow us to extend his loan move??? [/quote]

Because Birmingham are about to sell him and the last thing they want is for Taylor to pick up an injury and so jeopardise a sale. Norwich would do the same if in the same situation.

[/quote]

Oh, you mean like MR ASHTON''S ''twisted sock'' injury that he sadly suffered - which unfortunately resulted in his non-appearance in the FA cup against his ''future'' purchasers?

It shows how far weve dropped that we cant afford 1m on a player we desperatly need.

Doomcaster saying allwe want is multi-million £ signings, what a b*stard winding us up saying our expectations are too high!

I try to stay positive, I really do but this deal falling through has pissed me off a bit!!

From what Roeder said Taylor and family had changed their minds and wanted to move here. He laso says the player is upset the deal has fell through so you have to assume he was willing to take a wage drop to come. So all I can assume is that the board once again tried to get him on the cheap and wouldnt cough up £1m to match the QPR offer.

Am I wrong??

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="yellow hammer"][quote user="SouthamptonCanary"]

[/quote]

Oh, you mean like MR ASHTON''S ''twisted sock'' injury that he sadly suffered - which unfortunately resulted in his non-appearance in the FA cup against his ''future'' purchasers?

[/quote]

Exactly.