Sign in to follow this  
gsr600

surely after this latest debacle

with the loss of now a main cog in the works gone and the boards complete lack of ambition to get this person to stay then protests must go on, now im sure we all know that tiny taylor wants first team football and top flight football but at birmingham he wouldnt of got that, now he said hed mull over his future and that he loved his time here and the people and the fans were great, so surely he wouldve stayed even if just till the end of the season, so why didnt he, cos the board couldnt be arsed to support glen as this wouild cost money.so protests must go on

Boards lack of ambition? "Couldn''t be arsed"? You know something? You think realistically we can match the wages being offered by cash rich QPR? What did you expect Taylor to say " I hated every second, the fans were lame"?Zzzzz

you are speculating as to his reasons for going back to brum, you don''t know that it was the NCFC board''s fault that he didn''t sign. Maybe he wants to play for a bigger club that''s challenging for promotion.

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"]with the loss of now a main cog in the works gone and the boards complete lack of ambition to get this person to stay then protests must go on,

now im sure we all know that tiny taylor wants first team football and top flight football but at birmingham he wouldnt of got that, now he said hed mull over his future and that he loved his time here and the people and the fans were great, so surely he wouldve stayed even if just till the end of the season, so why didnt he, cos the board couldnt be arsed to support glen as this wouild cost money.

so protests must go on
[/quote]What a load of drivel. Oh dear. Smudger, where are you ?

Ha ha ha ha ha .

Jeez. it really doesn''t take a lot for the miserable brigade to come out again does it.

Why on earth is this a ''debacle''?  We signed a player on loan for a specific period of time and he has returned back to his club.  At the time we all knew that he was staying until the Sheff U game, so why is that now a debacle?  

At the time, it did seem strange that the loan was for such a period - ending mid-month when all the others were until 1/1.  Have you not perhaps thought that the reasons why it was only until the Sheff U game are still valid?  Perhaps they are to do with the player/his family -maybe he wants to have some time to mull over his future.  That would not be particularly bizarre, would it?   But whatever, I really cannot see why there has to be any ''fault'' apportioned to his returning back to Brum. 

so why does the donc come out and say that we wont be spending much, ie lack of ambition there, i dont have all the info but why would he go back to a club to sit in the reserves for a month when he could be playing regular and keeping his match sharpness going, the guy said he jumped at the chance to play here when he first came here so whats changed, the only thiong thats changed is that more money is needed to increase his loan stay money that the board have said wont be spent needlessly, now i see a defender as a need, we have a good one that was here but nothing was done about it, he turned down a move to qpr cos he was playing here so my guess he was hoping to stay here but now theres no chance of that hes back in with qpr because they do want him, so wheres the ambition

[quote user="Stavros"]

you are speculating as to his reasons for going back to brum, you don''t know that it was the NCFC board''s fault that he didn''t sign. Maybe he wants to play for a bigger club that''s challenging for promotion.

[/quote]QPR are not a bigger club than us and they are not challenging for promotion, if tiny ends up there he would only be going for the money and I''m inclined to believe what Roeder has said about him not wanting to move to London, I still think he may end up here.

He always said he would go back to Birmingham to think things over and we still have til midnight tonight to extend his loan so you appear to be jumping the gun a bit. As for a protest, I think you''ll be on your own, just like your old friend smudger !!

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"]i dont have all the info but why would he go back to a club to sit in the reserves for a month when he could be playing regular [/quote]Because before the Nov 22nd deadline he didn''t know he was out in the cold......... He was also aware of Loadsa Money QPR wanting to inject huge amounts of dosh into his bank account..........Get it now?

I suggest people look at the latest article at http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com regarding ''Tiny''. In the past the board have sometimes indicated that they haven''t got alot of cash, not a good idea to let clubs who you might be buying from buying from, so nothing would surprise me about Taylor returning. All looked dead regarding Huckerby coming here and everyone rembers how that turned out.

So as Crowded House put it ''Don''t dream it''s over''

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"] but nothing was done about it, he turned down a move to qpr cos he was playing here so my guess he was hoping to stay here but now theres no chance of that hes back in with qpr because they do want him, so wheres the ambition[/quote]What

an incredibly ignorant post.

Nothing was done about it? Are you kidding? Where''s the ambition? You embarrass

yourself with your presumptuous nature. You have absolutely NO knowledge of the

lengths the club have gone to to secure the services of two of the loan players.

At no stage did he EVER rule out a move to QPR. Why would he? He only began

negotiations with them on Monday....... The £1,25m f,ee was agreed between Brum & QPR weeks ago bit he had no (direct) contact with them until 10th Dec.You all deserve each other you lot. Doom, gloom and jumping on the nearest bandwagon. Soon it will all be "Roeders the best thing since Stringer but the board wont back him......"

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"]so why does the donc come out and say that we wont be spending much, ie lack of ambition there, i dont have all the info but why would he go back to a club to sit in the reserves for a month when he could be playing regular and keeping his match sharpness going, the guy said he jumped at the chance to play here when he first came here so whats changed, the only thiong thats changed is that more money is needed to increase his loan stay money that the board have said wont be spent needlessly,

now i see a defender as a need, we have a good one that was here but nothing was done about it, he turned down a move to qpr cos he was playing here so my guess he was hoping to stay here but now theres no chance of that hes back in with qpr because they do want him,

so wheres the ambition
[/quote]

If you read the BBC Sports coverage of this along with the Brummie press you will see that it was Taylor''s decision and not Norwich''s ''lack of ambition'' - at least get the facts straight before you post!

"

so why does the donc come out and say that we wont be spending much " because it might be seen by the rather less dim as a reasoned negotiating stanceambition my arse - what the club lacks is the stupidity to match some of the posters on here

the thing is we need to be doing everything possible to get a decent player in we had one on loan that chance may of set sale, and why, cos the board aint prepared to match 1.25mil,

[quote]At the time, it did seem strange that the loan was for such a period - ending mid-month when all the others were until 1/1[/quote]

i thought the reason he went back when he did was because he was signed for a months loan,two weeks before the other playes.

[quote user="T07"][quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"] but nothing was done about it, he turned down a move to qpr cos he was playing here so my guess he was hoping to stay here but now theres no chance of that hes back in with qpr because they do want him,

so wheres the ambition
[/quote]

What an incredibly ignorant post.

Nothing was done about it? Are you kidding? Where''s the ambition? You embarrass yourself with your presumptuous nature. You have absolutely NO knowledge of the lengths the club have gone to to secure the services of two of the loan players.

At no stage did he EVER rule out a move to QPR. Why would he? He only began negotiations with them on Monday....... The £1,25m f,ee was agreed between Brum & QPR weeks ago bit he had no (direct) contact with them until 10th Dec.

You all deserve each other you lot. Doom, gloom and jumping on the nearest bandwagon. Soon it will all be "Roeders the best thing since Stringer but the board wont back him......"
[/quote]

So basically nowadays we are constantly going to be out bid by clubs and we have to make do? Why is that? And you''re glad that clubs around us at the bottom are investing whilst we stick things together with sellotape? Reminds me of the Army Anglian...Best troops in the world [supporters] but a goverment who talk a good game and send them into action with crap tools! [The Board][:(]

It all depends on the valuation you put on a premiership reserve team defender. When we let Greeno go to WHU the price was (if I remeber correctly) £2m this was for an up and coming young England goalkeeper with both age and experience on his side. We are looking at a good championship defender (very much like Hux who was/is a championship standard).  The price should be in my opinion  be based on this and set between £500-750,000 with a sensible wage to go with it.

If QPR and other want to pay over the odds then let them do it. (see Coventry, Leeds, Leicester,  Forest, Ipswich, etc). I have a personel income which I have to live to, I suggest that most on here do to. Unless we are prepared to pay Chelsea type prices for our seats (cheapest is £40 with no concessions) then we have to work within our budget we currently have. As for this get Delia''s or the Turners money then why should they?

Is Taylor the only good centre half in the country? probably not - so let''s go and find another one who we can afford. In the meantime let''s hope Taylor talks to Birmingham - who clearly don''t want him - and gets the move he wants.

One other thing when the loan deal was done there was a different manager in the hot seat at Brum one who can''t have liked what he saw was happening to his former team, he may just of been working with us and maybe McLeish isn''t bothered either way.

What ever happens I suggest we get behind whoever plays in the vacant position and help the club continue to climbing the table.

[quote user="T07"][quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"] but nothing was done about it, he turned down a move to qpr cos he was playing here so my guess he was hoping to stay here but now theres no chance of that hes back in with qpr because they do want him,

so wheres the ambition
[/quote]

Nothing was done about it? Are you kidding? Where''s the ambition? You embarrass yourself with your presumptuous nature. You have absolutely NO knowledge of the lengths the club have gone to to secure the services of two of the loan players.

At no stage did he EVER rule out a move to QPR. Why would he? He only began negotiations with them on Monday....... The £1,25m f,ee was agreed between Brum & QPR weeks ago bit he had no (direct) contact with them until 10th Dec.

You all deserve each other you lot. Doom, gloom and jumping on the nearest bandwagon. Soon it will all be "Roeders the best thing since Stringer but the board wont back him......"
[/quote]

An ignorant post to your knowledgeable one?

So please share with us how you alledgedly know the QPR deal was done weeks ago. Either you can provide the evidence to back up your claims or you''re just making this up.

YH 

so wheres the ambition
[/quote]

[/quote]

Listen mate, if anyone is being presumptious around here it`s you. If the Club has gone to great lengths to secure the services of two of the loan players thats great, THATS THEIR JOB!.People who buy into the club either as Board members or employees are there to make things happen. We have lost Taylor because we are not prepared to match QPR`s bid, or another Championship Club if that is the case. We have been looking for a good centre half all season and we have found one who fits in and does a good job.He has become a fans favourite and has played a significant part in turning our results around yet we cant find the money to secure a deal. This lack of ambition is a kick in the teeth for the fans, a kick in the teeth for our players and a kick in the teeth for Roeder. A PR disaster as well just to add some festive topping!

Roeder is saying its about money Brum are driving a hard bargain, i dont see him saying the lad dont want to come. why do we keep losing out on players its a very worrying trend even Glen cant stop it seems. Hope i am proved wrong in january but i would not put money on it.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

It all depends on the valuation you put on a premiership reserve team defender. When we let Greeno go to WHU the price was (if I remeber correctly) £2m this was for an up and coming young England goalkeeper with both age and experience on his side. We are looking at a good championship defender (very much like Hux who was/is a championship standard).  The price should be in my opinion  be based on this and set between £500-750,000 with a sensible wage to go with it.

If QPR and other want to pay over the odds then let them do it. (see Coventry, Leeds, Leicester,  Forest, Ipswich, etc). I have a personel income which I have to live to, I suggest that most on here do to. Unless we are prepared to pay Chelsea type prices for our seats (cheapest is £40 with no concessions) then we have to work within our budget we currently have. As for this get Delia''s or the Turners money then why should they?

Is Taylor the only good centre half in the country? probably not - so let''s go and find another one who we can afford. In the meantime let''s hope Taylor talks to Birmingham - who clearly don''t want him - and gets the move he wants.

One other thing when the loan deal was done there was a different manager in the hot seat at Brum one who can''t have liked what he saw was happening to his former team, he may just of been working with us and maybe McLeish isn''t bothered either way.

What ever happens I suggest we get behind whoever plays in the vacant position and help the club continue to climbing the table.

[/quote]

So if there is a hole in your roof and it is raining, you''ll run out for a roll of Sellotape right?

Marshall cost us a million, so Tiny has to be worth at least that much. 1.25 is not over the odds and neither is a multi-million pound deal (see Doncaster''s drivel).

As Mr.Carrow pointed out a while back, when you''re in deep trouble (QPR, Norwich) then the Karen Brady''s of this world can turn the screw on us.

Yep you can whistle up your cheerfulness if you want, and don''t forget to doff your cap at Doncaster if he glides past your way

so wheres the ambition
[/quote]

[/quote]

What an incredibly arrogant post. 

What is it about you board luvvies?  I know of no other club in the history of football where fans get so exercised about the slightest criticism of the board.  It ain''t healthy folks.  Try a little dose of open-minded scepticism and you''ll feel a lot better. 

We don''t know all the ins and outs of the Taylor situation.  According to today''s report he was in fact willing to come here, but a further loan extension was conditional on a permanent deal which couldn''t be agreed.  Unless we find out how much money was involved we can''t pass judgement on the board''s level of ambition in this case, but it is undeniable that they have previous convictions.  Combined with Doncaster''s column in yesterday''s EDP, you can''t really be surprised if people target the usual suspects. 

The failure to sign Taylor suggests to me that either the board think we can avoid relegation without him, or that avoiding relegation is not their top priority despite Doncaster''s statement in a recent column that the consequences would be "very grave indeed".

Presumably if Roder thought he''d been stitched up by the Board he''s come out and say it (at least in a roundabout way). He seems quite happy with their input into this transfer, which I guess means some other factor came into play.

That''s just me speculating - like all of the other pointless pontification in this thread. I''m not some naive yokel prepared to tip my cap to the Board over everything but I do think this is classic instance of certain posters making big assumptions and chucking their toys out. Surely now''s not the time. Let''s see what happens in the transfer window first.

so come january when we have no decent centre back and weve slipped back into the relegation zone because a extension couldnt be worked due to financialy implications then this is alrite is it, no in my opinion if we dont get a decent centre back we are going to be in a grave financial situation, im sure this club cant afford to go downa league, so in my opinion its lack of ambition, the club needs the ambition to stay up but they have shown that for some reason they cant afford to provide this, ffs we have a couple of people on the board that quite easily couldve given a financial loan to the club to fund such a deal, stinks to high water of making it with what weve got again,

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"]so come january when we have no decent centre back and weve slipped back into the relegation zone because a extension couldnt be worked due to financialy implications then this is alrite is it, no in my opinion if we dont get a decent centre back we are going to be in a grave financial situation, im sure this club cant afford to go downa league, so in my opinion its lack of ambition, the club needs the ambition to stay up but they have shown that for some reason they cant afford to provide this, ffs we have a couple of people on the board that quite easily couldve given a financial loan to the club to fund such a deal,

stinks to high water of making it with what weve got again,

[/quote]

Spot on RA

Disappointing but it was all completely predictable, even without Doncasters recent article.

You would think they would realise that gambling on a cut price centre half in our present precarious position could prove fatal. We found a guy who could do the job but they are just too stupid to see it.

yep spot on ricardo, but hey we all get told were just doom and gloom merchants, the problem has been coming for the last 3 years and yet theres still those that see no problem is there, afterall it was only a few weeks ago that people were wanting to protest to get a new board and as soon as we get a run of 4 out of 5 games won the boards again the best thing,