Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Shooting recovery in the foot?

Unable to afford 1.25m for a proven, class central defender who - more than anything else - has performed since he''s been here. Part of the spine of the team.

I mean, good grief, the fans have been bawling since summer for a good central defender or two; the first thing Glenn did when he came here was to get in Taylor. Clear as a bell to all except dummies.

The board stands accused of major strategic mismanagement by investing in infrastructure instead of the team. All it''s created is a downward spiral with a few bumps along the way.

And you all prefer Smith to Chase.

Smallmindedness is really getting it''s just deserts.

OTBC

Never mind Bly. Think how happy you''ll be when we buy a league 2 centre half for £200k.

We should then have enough left over for a few more offices and a nice new footpath.

Jesus the amount of threads.I''m annoyed too that we''re not going out to get this Taylor bloke.But if Delia isn''t wishing to budge at all i can''t blame the turners for not wanting to invest directly into the team.Uhhr. I dont know.Stupid Football. =]

[quote user="hogesar"]Jesus the amount of threads.
I''m annoyed too that we''re not going out to get this Taylor bloke.
But if Delia isn''t wishing to budge at all i can''t blame the turners for not wanting to invest directly into the team.
Uhhr. I dont know.
Stupid Football. =]
[/quote]

So what are you saying Hoggy?

That they''re afraid of the little bad cook?

Or they''re going to balance the books down into the third division?

OTBC

[quote user="ricardo"]

Never mind Bly. Think how happy you''ll be when we buy a league 2 centre half for £200k.

We should then have enough left over for a few more offices and a nice new footpath.

[/quote]

Thanks for making me smile a little, Ricardo. Feels like a sympathetic pat on the back.

OTBC

The ridiculous thing about all this is that the "risk" element the board always bleat about as regards signing players isn`t really a factor in this case. We know what he can do, we know he`s of "good character", and we know what a positive impact he has had on the team. Surely it is less of a risk to spend £1m on a player you know will do exactly as it says on the tin, than half that on a player who could be useless or have a bad attitude, take his wages and then leave for nothing at the end of his contract?

You really couldn`t make it up.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

The ridiculous thing about all this is that the "risk" element the board always bleat about as regards signing players isn`t really a factor in this case. We know what he can do, we know he`s of "good character", and we know what a positive impact he has had on the team. Surely it is less of a risk to spend £1m on a player you know will do exactly as it says on the tin, than half that on a player who could be useless or have a bad attitude, take his wages and then leave for nothing at the end of his contract?

You really couldn`t make it up.

[/quote]

My feelings in a nutshell Mr. Carrow.

They won''t gamble on a player but they are prepared to gamble on losing all the goodwill that an "apparent" fresh approach has given them.

I never fail to be amazed at the way they constantly shoot themselves in the foot.

As you rightly say "You couldn''t make it up".