Sign in to follow this  
Rabbit

Jarvis

Until the arrival of hucks and crouch, jarvis was breaking into the first team, ok crouch has gone but with leon and svensson now here, he has not featured much, so with the arrival of bentley and possibly another new face up front is he moving further down the pecking order.
I think he has a lot of potential, but what do we think of his chances of breaking into the first team now we are in the prem...

Ryan deserved a chance, he was quick and skillful, yes he was lack of experience but in the Premiership, if you are quick enough, you can really do a great job

The fact that he is only 17 means he should be around for years, hopefully as a Norwich player. With the exception of probably Rooney at Everton, there are not many 17yr olds who break into the first team and stay there. The important thing to remember is that Worthy will know when the time is right to bring him in, just look at Henderson last season. In the interim period he is going to be playing premiership reserve football against better quality players and he will still get his games for England. Have faith in the management, they know what they are doing, after all we are in the premier league.

I think he''s got great potential but can''t see him getting near the first team next year. A season long loan to a 1st/ 2nd Div club would suit him I think. It would let him get a few a games under his belt. Personally I think he should go to Bournmouth. Anybody who goes on loan comes back and does brilliantly!! Bit far though!

Honestly Jarvis is more quicker than Rooney, more tricky than Ronney, also his temperment is better than Rooney too! The only thing Jarvis is not good enough is he is not powerful than him, also he is not given too many chances to shine.

I''d be surprised if Jarvis does not go on loan for the whole of next season. Possibly Hendo and Shackell too. Only world class teenagers break through in the Prem like Owen and Rooney etc. Jarvis is good, but no phenomenon. One for the future.

no, we need to keep as many players able to be used in the squad as possible cause we dont want an injury scare! We must keep shackell at carrow road cause he could be useful.
otbc

I think both Hendo and Jarvis could play a big part next year by staying here gaining prem expreience and making appearances from the bench towards the end of the game,where pace is telling and often kills.We all know they have ability give them the chance- if youre good enough youre old enough.With the way football is today financially we are going to rely more and more on homegrown talent, what better example and inspiration then to see these lads figuring in some way next year.

Jarvis is the most likely to go out on loan next season as he and Hendo both play up front yet Hendo can cover in midfield. RJ would gain something from regular league starts and develop into a contender for 2005-6 in the unlikely event of relegation.

Remember Jarvis and Hendo (they started against Northampton - my most embarrassing night in a City shirt) were breaking into the first team at the start of the season because we only had WLY, the Big Man and Rivers (before his injury) available up front. It was a case of necessity over ability at that point. I forgot Elvis too - easy to do.

I have no doubt all three youngsters given the right support (coaching and fans) and some luck with injuries will progress onto become very good players for the club. The fans treatment of Hendo at some games and Shackell at Palace was disgraceful. I hope when they appear next season and make mistakes they are treated fairly - all players have off days. They are only teenagers learning their trade and need confidence to progress - everyone should be more understanding of them.

IMO Jarvo, Hendo and Shacks will benefit most from staying next season and joining in with the first team squad whilst experiencing Premiership quality reserve football...
No better place for them to be than at Carrow Road/Colney learning their trade in an environment that they all feel comfortable in...

I think three young players will get their chance in the Premiership, don''t forget we are starting have more international players and they will possibly not in fulll fitness after the midweek international matches. Jarvis and Henderon should given more time this season as their speed will cause problem to any Premiership veterans defence.

Agree with Anderz view.

Little point in going out to, say, Div 1 or lower, when they can play Prem reserves. 28 matches there for starters.
No real financial drivers on us - their wage bill will not be high.

We will have a small squad by Premiership standards - we will need emergency back up.
And I''d expect us to progress a little further in the cup competitions.

But above all, I wouldn''t be at all surprised if they do make the odd 1st team game.

Teams like Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd loan players out for the season because their squads are large and full of internationals, it would be ludicrous for us to send Jarvis, Shackell and Henderson out on loan. We need all three players to be part of our first team squad, not Bornemouth''s.

Given 10 to 15 minutes in every match, surely Henderson and Jarvis''s pace can cause problem to any Premiership defence.