Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

Lets get behind our players shall we

The treatment of certain players is unacceptable.  Most notable Jamie Cureton, yes he has missed a few chances this season, but to be fair most of those chances have been little more than half chances.  There is nothing wrong with Jamie''s attutude and again he didn''t score today, but he put the pressure on the defender for our goal.  Personally I think we should support our players and you can see how much this club means to Jamie, shouldn''t we return the favour, by showing how much he means to us rather than getting on his back for missing a couple of chances.

I agree if the players give 100% and shows worth for their £3k - £17k per week. If they dont then I fully support any fan that gets on their back.Surely not unreasobable? Look at the Geordie fans being criticised for not getting behind a striker on £100k (one hundred thousand pounds) a week who cant be arsed to put it out in training......

[quote user="Jim Kent"]The treatment of certain players is unacceptable.  Most notable Jamie Cureton, yes he has missed a few chances this season, but to be fair most of those chances have been little more than half chances.  There is nothing wrong with Jamie''s attutude and again he didn''t score today, but he put the pressure on the defender for our goal.  Personally I think we should support our players and you can see how much this club means to Jamie, shouldn''t we return the favour, by showing how much he means to us rather than getting on his back for missing a couple of chances.[/quote]

I can understand where you''re coming from and many times on here I''ve tried to stick up for Gary Doherty when he''s been heavily slated.

But with Jamie Cureton I would have to say he''s missed a lot of good chances, several of them sitters infact. I think saying most have been half chances is being very kind on him. He has had some dreadful misses this season.

With regard to his attitude.. I struggle to think of many games this season where I''ve seen him graft hard for the team or for himself. He''s been a bit better lately but often throughout the season he''s been switched off and lazy.

I think Curo is a decent little footballer but he''s either got to start doing the business or we need to sign someone better.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]The treatment of certain players is unacceptable.  Most notable Jamie Cureton, yes he has missed a few chances this season, but to be fair most of those chances have been little more than half chances.  There is nothing wrong with Jamie''s attutude and again he didn''t score today, but he put the pressure on the defender for our goal.  Personally I think we should support our players and you can see how much this club means to Jamie, shouldn''t we return the favour, by showing how much he means to us rather than getting on his back for missing a couple of chances.[/quote]

If it was attitude we were buying for £800k then I am sure we could have got it cheaper.

In fact we were buying a suppossed 20+ goal a season man.

A panic buy at the time and it looks even worse now.

Sorry Jamie, you are a nice lad and you love this club but truth to tell, you found your level in league 1 several years ago.

At £2-300k you would have been a decent stop gap but as a replacement for Earnie?????

Oh dear, don''t make me laugh.

[quote user="ricardo"]

If it was attitude we were buying for £800k then I am sure we could have got it cheaper.

In fact we were buying a suppossed 20+ goal a season man.

A panic buy at the time and it looks even worse now.

Sorry Jamie, you are a nice lad and you love this club but truth to tell, you found your level in league 1 several years ago.

At £2-300k you would have been a decent stop gap but as a replacement for Earnie?????

Oh dear, don''t make me laugh.

[/quote]

That would be the Earnie who''s yet to score this season, would it?????

[quote user="ricky knight"]Earnie has to play to score, your cant score sitting on the bench, give him a run he will score thats for sure.[/quote]If that were true then its really surprising he doesnt play - they''ve only scored 6 goals in 17 games - you''d think the manager would be really tempted to play a guaranteed goalscorer!!