Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Jimmy Smith?

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]I am not impressed can''t see how he keeps Croft out. He looks a slow lightweight.[/quote]

Agreed. Had an ok game the other day but would be disappointed if he started the next game.

Not been overly impressed, but I would say that last week it was when he was taken off and replaced by Croft that Sheff U were able to take the game by the scruff of the neck...so he must have been doing something right!

I got slagged off last week when I said he should pack his bags and go back to chelski. Now look. Another gut-less and rubbish performance. Croft deserves his place in the team on merit.

the problem is hes a central attacking midfielder, whats he supposed to do play superbly out of position, we all know the problems of playing attacking centre midfielders out of position it doesnt work at any club, look at gerard clearly attacking centre midfield plays not as well when moved to the right, you cant play players out of position and expect the best of him, he has to change his entire game

Quite agree Rudolph. If you watch Croft closely all he does is chase about like a headless chicken and goes through the motions. He creates very little. He is going nowhere with us. Having said that I can''t see why Jimmy Smith is highly rated.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]I am not impressed can''t see how he keeps Croft out. He looks a slow lightweight.[/quote]

Would probably do better with Jimmy Nail